Are you a fan of tour de france?

Blair Cooper

Nov 3, 2018
David Millar is one of Britain’s most successful road cyclists who has competed in 12 Tours de France, winning five stages, and once beating Lance Armstrong in the process. It was not an easy challenge but he was able to reach for his dreams.

He shared his story about this on London Real. Check it now!

I use to race, though not professionally, I only got as far as CAT3, while I am a fan of the TDF I don't watch it nor any other bike race on TV, in fact I don't like to watch sports period on TV! It's BOOOOORRRRRRING to watch sports on TV, plus you have to listen to sports announcers just go on and on and on talking without ceasing and all the while saying nothing, and all I want to do is yell at the TV to tell them to SHUT UP! so I don't bother to watch sports on TV.

I also don't follow sports much, all I want to know is who won, I may have a couple of favorite riders but after Lance got fired I figured what's the point? About 90% (some reports are as low as 65% but others believe it's higher) of the entire Peloton was doping but they went after Lance, why? Because the Europeans didn't want some dumb American and his dumb team to beat the pride and joy race of Europe and make European racers look bad. This would be similar if say Germany had a American style football or baseball or basketball team, and they came to the US every year only to beat our best whatever team 7 times in a row...I guarantee you that the referees would be doing everything they could think of to make them lose, and that's what the Europeans did with Lance. European race officials knew the majority of the peloton was doping, that wasn't the point, the point was some American was doping and winning. Eddy Merckx even admitted to doping, even failed tests 4 times just never failed at the TDF, why? it was random checking and somewhat easier to disguise back then, did they take away his titles? It is widely known within the professional ranks that doping has been going on for at least the last 60 years.

Interesting read from Merckx himself: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/merckx-doping-pays/

And I have to agree with what Merckx said above, you can't stop it so why bother? Let's look at it this way, if in the days when Lance won those 7 TDF's that no one doped on the peloton guess who would have won those 7 times? Lance! the result would not have changed, there would be just better times with the doping.

sorry I', ranting, next please.

I haven't watched pro sports in almost 30 years. Boring and overrated imo. Give me a million bucks and I'll run to first base even if I hit it to the pitcher! :D

TDF? Flat stages boring. Mountain climb stages can be exciting if someone has the balls to attack. If not, just as boring as a flat stage.

I only watch the mountain stages hoping someone attacks. The final stage, totally freakin' boring and senseless imo!

Reactions: IamDonna
David Millar is one of Britain’s most successful road cyclists who has competed in 12 Tours de France, winning five stages, and once beating Lance Armstrong in the process. It was not an easy challenge but he was able to reach for his dreams.

He shared his story about this on London Real. Check it now!

I used to be a fan of the TDF and professional racing in general.

But given the series of doping scandals which have engulfed the sport throughout the past 20 years (since 1998), slowly my belief and my interest in the sport has diminished to almost nothing.

Unfortunately

Reactions: steve
The doping doesn't bother me because they've been cheating since the early 1900's! Personally I think they should just allow it and forget about it, it would save a lot of money that goes towards testing and analyzing. My god all the various sports cheat to which end suits the sport their doing, it's just that the other sports don't get as much scrutiny as cycling does so a lot more **** slips past.

He shared his story a

out this on London Real. Check it now!

YES I AM

I used to be a fan of the TDF and professional racing in general.

But given the series of doping scandals which have engulfed the sport throughout the past 20 years (since 1998), slowly my belief and my interest in the sport has diminished to almost nothing.

Unfortunately
I don't think that doping should be legal but I also think that the damnation of Armstrong went way too far. When the following year the entire front 10 were disqualified for the same cheating, giving Lance a lifetime ban goes too far.

Lance was certainly an asshole to his competitors and even his team members, but so was every other high end winner except Bartali.

I am a fan but not as much as I used to be. As other posters have said, the races are not exciting and we all know that a flat stage will be a bunch sprint with 3 or 4 guys potentially winning while in a mountain stage not much happens until the last few km.

The race where Froome took off on a long solo in the Giro is an exception - if only there would be more racing like that.

Is it because the stages are too long, or because of power meters or because of race radio?..the races are boring.

I am a fan but not as much as I used to be. As other posters have said, the races are not exciting and we all know that a flat stage will be a bunch sprint with 3 or 4 guys potentially winning while in a mountain stage not much happens until the last few km.

The race where Froome took off on a long solo in the Giro is an exception - if only there would be more racing like that.

Is it because the stages are too long, or because of power meters or because of race radio?..the races are boring.
Actually I find the races extremely exciting. They are all strategy now whereas before it was team leaders and power.

Well, TDF 2018 was the first cycling competition I've ever watch!!! So, you guys can understand my level of excitement and energy level i was getting through that. Apart from some controversies like attacks on Vincezo Nibali and other cyclists, everything seemed interesting and appealing to me.