Are you a real cyclist???

MountainPro said:
Boonen did well, but i felt sorry for Crosbie totally losing it.

a rare day off work and it was pissing with rain...i went for a 10 k run and now my legs and back are in serious pain. Havent done any running for a couple of years.
My wife got me into running sometime ago and I'm trying to get her into cycling a little more. There something so simple about going out for a nice run\jog.

I hope the sore legs don't discourage you, running is great cross training for cycling. I use the Scottish guys and gals in the Trig-Trog photo to inspire me to run in the winter weather.

The weather has been crazy here in No. California , Tornado's, 80-90 mph winds, hail, sleet and a butt-load of rain. I can't wait to get out on my bike.

lw

lwedge said:
My wife got me into running sometime ago and I'm trying to get her into cycling a little more. There something so simple about going out for a nice run\jog.

I hope the sore legs don't discourage you, running is great cross training for cycling. I use the Scottish guys and gals in the Trig-Trog photo to inspire me to run in the winter weather.

The weather has been crazy here in No. California , Tornado's, 80-90 mph winds, hail, sleet and a butt-load of rain. I can't wait to get out on my bike.

lw
it's been crazy here in colorado too! it's snowing in this instant and the wind has been crazy too. although, 80-90 mph isn't exactly what we get here. I've been training on the trainer but it's just not quite the same. oh, how i miss the sun! it gives me a crazy tan (which is not so good if you are already kinda dark to beging with), but nothing to worry about... because the sun'll come out tomorrow, even if is not exactly tomorrow.:(

Ladies and Gentlemen ( and monkeys)

IF I MAY PLEASE,

1. I always ride to and above 35mph (60kmh) even up to 50mph, been doing it for years!!! just have to get the right bus/truck to pace behind :)

2. Who are Lance Armstrong and Cheryl Crow? :eek:

3. Some of the guys (and girls) I've trained and raced with look like monkeys anyway.

4. Always,ALWAYS vary where you train so those gorillas cant know your form.

5. Mate, I wrote the book on BIKE CRASHES.

6. I've come down mountains so fast I've passed myself !!!

7. You don't know what snot is until you've ridden behind those monkeys, dirty little so and so's

8. What's lactate, some sort of licorice??

'kinell

if those guy can manage out for a run i think we all can, some of them are wearing shorts too!

the Clachan is a common name for a pub in western Scotland...i wonder how many stiff whiskys theyve had to gear them up for the run.

i used to do a lot of running in my younger days, mostly 10k but its been a while. My heart and lungs are fit, i just thought my legs were a bit stronger, they feel like jelly right now.

lwedge said:

lw

jhuskey said:
And if I can do all these things can I still join the ladies team,at least in the shower.
Only if you have Mrs.Huskey's permission in writing.
:)

stevebaby said:
Only if you have Mrs.Huskey's permission in writing.
:)

Written agreements are so hard to dispute. It is much easier to ask her if it is ok verbally,while she is sleeping, and take a non-response as an affirmative.

shillito said:
Ladies and Gentlemen ( and monkeys)

IF I MAY PLEASE,

1. I always ride to and above 35mph (60kmh) even up to 50mph, been doing it for years!!! just have to get the right bus/truck to pace behind :)

2. Who are Lance Armstrong and Cheryl Crow? :eek:

3. Some of the guys (and girls) I've trained and raced with look like monkeys anyway.

4. Always,ALWAYS vary where you train so those gorillas cant know your form.

5. Mate, I wrote the book on BIKE CRASHES.

6. I've come down mountains so fast I've passed myself !!!

7. You don't know what snot is until you've ridden behind those monkeys, dirty little so and so's

8. What's lactate, some sort of licorice??

Lance Armstrong is a new deodorant being market and guaranteed to hold up for 21 days.
Cheryl Crowe is a small town in Wyoming and best know for a battle that took place there between US cavalry and the plains indians.
The climax to a long rivalry between between General Thomas Cheryl and Chief Tatonga Crowe. A regular "blood bath".

BTW: Be careful pacing behind some of those hairy primates since some are feces throwers. :D

jhuskey said:
Be careful pacing behind some of those hairy primates since some are feces throwers. :D
People know now not to come to my cube unannounced and bother me while I'm busy.

I have to go now, time to swing on my bars.

Lw

BTW: Be careful pacing behind some of those hairy primates since some are feces throwers. :D[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that cos I'm always at the front of the bunch, working my guts out to get away from them!!! plus have you seen how they scratch themselves then sniff their fingers? :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is a quote from a magazine article, which i thought would be great to share with you guys....

A CLEAR VISION

"When I finally went to the doctor, who found three fused vertebrae and the early stages of degenerative arthritis in my back, one of my first thoughts was that I'd lost cycling - that the sport would never again be what it was to me. All I ever cared about on a bike was speed. Not breaking-records-winning-races speed, but enough to ride with the boys. Every ride was a training ride, with target heart rates and regulated cadences, and the most important qualities were how far, how fast and how soon before I could do it again. The agony I'd been enduring in my spine, arms, hands and legs for two seasons had already forced me to embarrassing measures such as jacking up my stem to 15 degrees and larding my handlebar with cushy tape. The pain was detined to get worse and worse, the doctor warned. I couldn't stand the thought that I was also going to get slower and slower, so my bikes gathered dust. I put two of them into storage just so I wouldn't have to look at them. One day, I missed the freedom more than I feared being slow, one of those riders my friends and I used to make fun of. My legs were blindingly pale, and I had forgotten how self-concious spandex can make you feel. The best I could do was 15 mph. So I threw away my bike computer/ I no longer know, or care, how fast or far I ride, or how I compare to anyone. But I do know how the sunlight looks in the threes on my favorite route past the golf course, or how to stop on the side of the road jut to look at something. And I know, now, that all I used to see was a blur.- Natascha Grief"

Bicycling

yjuosj said:
This is a quote from a magazine article, which i thought would be great to share with you guys....

A CLEAR VISION

"When I finally went to the doctor, who found three fused vertebrae and the early stages of degenerative arthritis in my back, one of my first thoughts was that I'd lost cycling - that the sport would never again be what it was to me. All I ever cared about on a bike was speed. Not breaking-records-winning-races speed, but enough to ride with the boys. Every ride was a training ride, with target heart rates and regulated cadences, and the most important qualities were how far, how fast and how soon before I could do it again. The agony I'd been enduring in my spine, arms, hands and legs for two seasons had already forced me to embarrassing measures such as jacking up my stem to 15 degrees and larding my handlebar with cushy tape. The pain was destined to get worse and worse, the doctor warned. I couldn't stand the thought that I was also going to get slower and slower, so my bikes gathered dust. I put two of them into storage just so I wouldn't have to look at them. One day, I missed the freedom more than I feared being slow, one of those riders my friends and I used to make fun of. My legs were blindingly pale, and I had forgotten how self-conscious spandex can make you feel. The best I could do was 15 mph. So I threw away my bike computer/ I no longer know, or care, how fast or far I ride, or how I compare to anyone. But I do know how the sunlight looks in the threes on my favorite route past the golf course, or how to stop on the side of the road jut to look at something. And I know, now, that all I used to see was a blur.- Natascha Grief"

Bicycling
I know your pain, and I too know now that cycling isn't all about winning, torturous training and ego trips, I don't have to do 200+ kms training rides to convince myself anymore:

I can pause awhile and be transformed by my surroundings,
I can become one with what I see,
I can peacefully lie and gaze at the billowing clouds,
I can observe the gentle swaying of the trees;
As they are caressed by the soft zephyrs,
I can stay myself and commune with fellow man
And be enriched by his simple life,
And be humbled...........................
This I found not, when deceived by pride and appearance.

A bit philosophical? maybe, but remember happiness is within NOT ego trips.

Shillito