Are you a real cyclist?

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Yes, it's time for another poll. With the US divided by what should be done about health care, the budget, and Glenn Beck, you can take some solace from solving one critical dilemma: are you a real cyclist? Of course, the answer depends entirely on how you define "real". You can define real in terms of solopsism, quantum electrodynamics, Fox reality shows, your own cycling ethic, or the pointless observations of others. In any case, here we go....

Ah, Mother, I'm a real cyclist (unless proven otherwise, Gman nicks my bike, or other strange circumstances exist), by real I ride my bike and I enjoy it. I do give a damn about the enjoyment thing, and from time to time I race, but more importantly, I ride because I want to, and it makes me feel good.

Now, can I go to the bathroom?

taniwha said:
Ah, Mother, I'm a real cyclist (unless proven otherwise, Gman nicks my bike, or other strange circumstances exist), by real I ride my bike and I enjoy it. I do give a damn about the enjoyment thing, and from time to time I race, but more importantly, I ride because I want to, and it makes me feel good.

Now, can I go to the bathroom?

Oh, it's just like to take the easy way out and give a sensible, well reasoned answer. Be honest though: didn't you buy a bike only because riding is the fastest way to get a leathery gooch?

Moi? I dig riding, too and find it pretty damned good for the soul, but I've heard that may not be enough.

alienator said:
Be honest though: didn't you buy a bike only because riding is the fastest way to get a leathery gooch?

No, I bought a bike because I wanted to learn to waltz to the Blue Danube properly. That way I'd get to do naked and unnatural things with a certain member of the fairer sex. I needed to get to the dance studio in a faster and more dignified manner than running, so a bike was the natural choice. Unfortunately for the intended target of my affections, the bike proved to be more fun to ride, so I gave up my budding ballroom career to spin freely around the countryside.

alienator said:
Moi? I dig riding, too and find it pretty damned good for the soul, but I've heard that may not be enough.

I hate agreeing with you, it's like waking up to find a ten pinter in bed with you, but you're right, and it is enough.

taniwha said:
No, I bought a bike because I wanted to learn to waltz to the Blue Danube properly. That way I'd get to do naked and unnatural things with a certain member of the fairer sex.

Do you mean Adam Lambert or Rupaul?

I am as real as they come baby !!!! I hold the world record time in a 1/4 mile ride on Pulaski st. it's a dead end street that I used to drive by, until I stopped there for a need to pee one day, took my bike off of my car roof, and decided to set the world record right then and there. I'm pretty sure nobody will beat my time, as the street got ripped out and now it's a playground.

Also, my 1/4 mile time, will destroy all TT's at Kona, so I am headed there to show 'em how a real cyclist gets down wit it... I hope to see roadhouse there ???

-Big Greg

alienator said:

I own a pair of bib shorts. QED.

I've always been a real cyclist, but I've been thinking about trying out the virtual bit.

Just in the interest of science you understand.... :eek:

It's simple....

The opposite of a fake cyclist...
The non non-cyclist...
Roadhouse...

What if I had a dream that I won the TDF ? Does that count me in ? Yes, yes it does...

gman0482 said:
It's simple....

The opposite of a fake cyclist...
The non non-cyclist...
Roadhouse...

What if I had a dream that I won the TDF ? Does that count me in ? Yes, yes it does...

What gman really means to say is that you need to ask Roadhouse if you're a real cyclist as he's the only one on the forum that has any insight into what a real cyclist is. The rest of us silly buggers think we're real cyclists because we like cycling, we ride, and so on, but almost none of us have Lance Armstrong posters or blow-up dolls.

Exactly, that's what I meant. Plus, not only us forum members are not real cyclists. According to roadhouse, there's only ONE real cyclist in the TDF ! and we all know who that is... So the other 197+ riders are NOT real cyclists.

that's not it at all miss alienator, it's just that just riding a bike doesn't cut it for me. sorry if it comes out across as selfish but deal with it already.

gman0482 said:
Exactly, that's what I meant. Plus, not only us forum members are not real cyclists. According to roadhouse, there's only ONE real cyclist in the TDF ! and we all know who that is... So the other 197+ riders are NOT real cyclists.

Yeah, exactly. See Roadhouse is the one who sits in judgement of all cyclists, and he takes great pains to make sure everyone knows. After all, how can everyone not be 100% invested in what Roadhouse thinks a cyclist is? How can everyone not hang on his every word?

If you don't believe think on this: ASO's not allowing a single member of Slow Twitch to ride in the TdF this year. Coincidence? I think not.

alienator said:
Yeah, exactly. See Roadhouse is the one who sits in judgement of all cyclists, and he takes great pains to make sure everyone knows. 1.)After all, how can everyone not be 100% invested in what Roadhouse thinks a cyclist is? How can everyone not hang on his every word?

If you don't believe think on this: 2.) ASO's not allowing a single member of Slow Twitch to ride in the TdF this year. Coincidence? I think not.

1.) i'm not a cyclist.
2.) oh, too funny. not that any single triathlete would or could last past day two of The Real Tour anywho.

steve said:
Why is that?

because i'm not alienator.

i will say that that is what i thought i was gonna be when i first got my bike, couldn't get it out of my head but that soon changed. i love riding, don't get me wrong and i will in increments of 112 miles but i'm not cyclist.

roadhouse said:
because i'm not alienator.

i will say that that is what i thought i was gonna be when i first got my bike, couldn't get it out of my head but that soon changed. i love riding, don't get me wrong and i will in increments of 112 miles but i'm not cyclist.

You gave up quite easily. Perhaps you need to harden the f--k up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y[/ame]