Are you a real cyclist?

TomInFLA said:
It's part of my life, rather than something I do when I can fit it in. Or better yet, ask my wife how cranky I am when I don't get to ride in a given day.

Ok, just trying to clarify it a little. I don't think many here do it cause they have to, or just for the hell of it to kill time. Most people, IMO, like me, or you, do it because they love it, and it is a part of their lives (big part in my case). For me, I keep my bike in front of my bed so I can stare at it morning and night. :) I just simply love cycling and everything there is about it.

I agree that it's a disease, but one that I love to carry.

Although I guess you're not a REAL cyclist, until you race bike for bike and give 30 minute head starts... :D

gman0482 said:
Ok, just trying to clarify it a little. I don't think many here do it cause they have to, or just for the hell of it to kill time. Most people, IMO, like me, or you, do it because they love it, and it is a part of their lives (big part in my case). For me, I keep my bike in front of my bed so I can stare at it morning and night. :) I just simply love cycling and everything there is about it.

Although I guess you're not a REAL cyclist, until you race bike for bike and give 30 minute head starts... :D

beautiful little moment there gman and i'd have to agree with you as i was exactly if not precisley as you were when i first got my bike except for one little old fact, i rode mine....outdoors. it's not about the bike, take it or leave it when it comes to myself and that's that, but the race aspect of previous statement was originaly intended for alienator. ..and it was meant in broad terms.

lol, oohhhhhh........ Wait, you're telling me that I'm supposed to take this bike outside ??? and ride on the road ??? No way! what are you crazy ??? (rhetorical question)

I only race on my trainer. That's how the real cyclists do it kid. I'll teach you someday...

oh yea, you really need to stop mentioning Big Lance's book so many times. Would you still love Big Lance, if he took out a restraining order against you ?

gman0482 said:

... you're right !!! just keep it fun ... :D

Outside of roadhouse's phsychiatric temp controlled compound, and the Texas bubble he lives under, there are actually other places, where for a period of time, the climate changes a little. Just a little... :D

I know you are kept from any exposure to the outside world, for obvious reasons roadhouse, and that's ok.

roadhouse said:
no, stupid is replying as you did, especially when you don't know me. and from the time i first started riding i was always trying my damned best to stay up front with the leaders and i accomplished that and on an old aluminum trek 1000 with sora against full carbon whatever with super record and the likes. that's why i came to the conclusion that it's not about the bike. and that analogy that i used fits according to me, i work out of trucks and have done so for a decade.

Roadi, Have you ever actually put a number on your back??
I see delusion and fantasy writ large.

Me, I ride because of a whole raft of reasons, and without exception, all the other posters on this thread are as "real" a rider as me, or anyone else. (Apart from when I'm forced to be a virtual cyclist by Gman or a ghost by 64Paramount :D).

lol, roadhouse does have a number on his back. It's part of his uniform and a requirement in the ward, so the staff knows which sedatives to inject in case of emergency, and which room he belongs in.

gman0482 said:
lol, roadhouse does have a number on his back. It's part of his uniform and a requirement in the ward, so the staff knows which sedatives to inject in case of emergency, and which room he belongs in.

Class!

i never said anyone wasn't a real cyclist on here, never ever ever ever. ;) i've only in the past described how i've felt about certain situations concerning cyclists, not really pointed the finger at anyone on here as that's both useless as it would be incompetent. things have gottne a bit outta hand as words were taken out of text by a certain few remedial short bus students is all. it's fun to say the least but a bit tiring too. cyclists, what can you do?

ride a bike all you want and please and to the by all means, do it for whatever reason you do as i'm not here to say different but when i talk about personal events and personal life and how i feel about it, no need to get your panties all waded and take offense 'cause you weren't there in the first place, have no idea what i meant but for no other reason than to le it be known to the entire world that your panties are wet and need to be run through the washer, and can only ride a trianer. :p
and I'm not trying to change anyone else's point of view on anything....eh.

Is this Billy we are talking to now ? or Preston ? I know there's four of you inside there... Are you the Ironman who hates all triatheletes ?? or maybe Big Lance's best friend and team mate who hates all non-cyclists ??? Which one are you now ??

Time for those sedatives...... :D

that's pretty damned dumb and distaseful, the wording that you use to attempt to degrade me but whatver, it's only the more proof i need to suggest that cycling has no real class any longer. i don't hate anyone and it's not like that at all. well, okay, maybe just a little bit because there were alot of triathletes that are just like you but even then, bigger, brighter and more intense but on that same **** level and just couldn't see myself hanging out or respecting them or triathlons as it stood either, and they were roughly your age, too. go figure.

i just don't feel the need to restrict myself to any title and i said on ST that i wasn't a triathlete and never would claim to be one but to myself it's not about triathlons, it's about being an Ironman. i know you won't be able to differentiate amongst the two so i'll say that it's kinda like being a cyclist but not really being one. :eek:

child, go to your room.

I am real because I breathe.
I breathe because I Really Cycle
Therefore I am because I cycle !! For 47 Years, that is !

roadhouse said:
that's pretty damned dumb and distaseful, the wording that you use to attempt to degrade me but whatver.

Look kiddo, I can give it, as much as I can take it, so it's really all up to you. You made your sh!t, now step in it.... ;)

or was it 'you made your bed, now sleep in it ? same thing... :D

vfrpilot1 said:

You know what ? It actually really is that simple... you're right. That's great, keep going.

gman0482 said:
For me, I keep my bike in front of my bed so I can stare at it morning and night.

I'd do that too but my German shepherd would become jealous.

vfrpilot1 said:

;) ya that's right ....

oldbobcat said:
I'd do that too but my German shepherd would become jealous.

That was a problem with my girlfriend for a while, but she's immuned to it now. I told her to just accept and embrace it. :D

alienator said:
...almost none of us have Lance Armstrong posters or blow-up dolls.

I'm thinking there's a realdoll of Lance somewhere in that house.

gman0482 said:
I keep my bike in front of my bed so I can stare at it morning and night.
My buddy refers to this as "eye-f*cking the bike."