Are you a tall person? What size bike do you ride?

AmpedCycle

Dec 29, 2004
I'm trying to figure out who out there rides a large bike: over 60cm. I'm thinking of buying a Specialized Tarmac Expert (61cm), and want to know if anyone rides one similar and how tall you are. I'm 6'2'' w/ an 89.5 cm inseam.

6ft 5, 62 cm Merckx.

You need to take flexability and purpose into account as well. I am taller than you, but I would stay away from bikes with a S,M,L,XL unless you are sure.

I'm 6'1" (much shorter than you) and I ride a 58 cm Cannondale Six13. I have several riding buddies though in the the 6'4" to 6'6" range, and they all ride Kleins.

My husband is 6'4" and rides a 64cm. He's long torso'd and needs the extra reach.

Eden said:
My husband is 6'4" and rides a 64cm. He's long torso'd and needs the extra reach.
6'2", I ride a 59 cm center to center with a 58.75 top tube and 13cm stem.

6'4 and I ride a 62 and a 60 and both bikes fit. Geometry and how they measure is everything. So there are more variables than just the measurement.

I feel like I'm in the circus, the classic bear riding the tiny bike, when I'm on my 58. With the compact frame, it's even worse. It's ridiculous. I finally got onto a 61 and felt like I could stretch out. The era of the tiny bike is over! Give me some monster truck tires, the frame they made for shaquille oneill, and a semitruck's blowhorn (with pull cord) and we'll be making some progress!

AmpedCycle said:
I'm trying to figure out who out there rides a large bike: over 60cm. I'm thinking of buying a Specialized Tarmac Expert (61cm), and want to know if anyone rides one similar and how tall you are. I'm 6'2'' w/ an 89.5 cm inseam.

I am not nearly so tall, at 6'0", but I ride a 62 cm. My legs are long at a 343/4 inch inseam (thats a bike inseam, not pants). Its the only way I can get the handlebars to be an inch or 2 below the seat height. The "compact" bike and the current trend of small frames make no sense to me, as I see so many riders with the bars 4-6" below the saddle, and darn few of us are really flexable enought to ride like that. Just my opinion.

AmpedCycle said:
I'm a goof-ball, I'm 6 feet and yes, 1 inches tall with 33.25 inseam and I ride a 56cm. But, my Felt has a traditional frame geometry and with just a minor seat adjustment I fit the smaller frame well and I like the stiffness of the slightly smaller frames.

lw

AmpedCycle said:

I am 6'4" I ride a 62 cm frame. My Inseam is 36" and that is 91.44cm.

Pete

6'4 ride a 60cm frame. inseam is a little more than 36 inches. My bars are a little more than 4 inches below my saddle.

My previous road bike was a 62 but I like the 60 more.

Both my cyclocross bikes are 60cm jake the snakes and fit perfectly. So I went with 60 on my new road bike.

I'm 6'2", 34.5" inseam. I just picked up a used Bianchi Campione that measures 60 cm. c/c; 61 c/top. Fits me perfectly. Top tube is approx. 58.5 cm.

I am 6ft3 and ride a 63cm cannondale with 13cm stem.

I have a 89cm inseam...

the bike fits well and I am about to upgrade to a 6/13

I'm 6'5" with a 97cm inseam (measured floor to pubic bone). I have two 68cm Rivendells that I ride because smaller bikes make me feel like I'm riding a little kid's bike. Here's a picture of the 68cm single-speed Quickbeam that I commute on (sorry for the crappy pic). Pretty huge!

t7bh3p.jpg

6'2" with a 92cm inseam. I have been fitted for and ride a 63cm cannondale.

6'4" (1.93m) with 36.5"(93cm) inseam. I ride a 60cm Pinarello, 61cm Litespeed, 60cm Cannondale... I jack up the seatpost and run 140mm stems. I prefer it because I can get a lower streched out aero position (6-7" drop seat to bars) and with the shorter tubing the frame is stiffer for sprinting and general handling.

I'm 6'7" with a 37" inseam...currently riding a 63cm Cannondale CAAD4 with a 130mm stem and a 330mm Thomson seatpost.

wilmar13 said:
6'4" (1.93m) with 36.5"(93cm) inseam. I ride a 60cm Pinarello, 61cm Litespeed, 60cm Cannondale... I jack up the seatpost and run 140mm stems. I prefer it because I can get a lower streched out aero position (6-7" drop seat to bars) and with the shorter tubing the frame is stiffer for sprinting and general handling.

Are we talking C-T-T here?