Are you interested in cycling indoors or cycling outdoors?

littlecosmo

Jan 18, 2022
Do you like cycling indoors when winter comes? I feel like it's better to ride indoors for it's too cold outside, what do you think?
By the way, I found an international cycling E-race supported by Magene is going to kick off this Saturday. https://blog.magene.com/brand-new-i...ace-supported-by-magene-kicks-off-on-dec-3rd/
Participating teams are from China, Malaysia, and Thailand. Will you support the team or riders from your country or support the stronger team?

Attachments

• 317833309_2314566718723922_516610856349096224_n.jpg
    317833309_2314566718723922_516610856349096224_n.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4
I agree! As long as there is no snow or ice on the roads, I ride outside. Of course, here in New Jersey we rarely get temperatures below 25F, and even as low as 20 I'll go out to ride.

Best regards and
Happy Holidays

Reactions: cobbwheels
I live in the tropics so we don't have winter and what keeps me indoors is often due to high temperatures on the road. Even this December, we're still hitting 100F !! Summers will be a lot worse!!

If temperatures are ideal, I would still prefer outdoors.

If I can't get outside, indoor training is fine. My indoor sessions tend to be short sprints on a 'dumb' stationary bike with friction brakes. The cheapest possible units. They work and you get the nice smell of burnt wood of the brake pads (I use wooden brake pads) whenever I sprint.

If only moving to another country was easy, I don't mind someplace colder even if there's winter. I'd probably get a belt-drive IGH gravel or fat bike to be able to continue riding on snow-covered paths. I've done mountain hiking in <32 F temperatures so I know how it feels to push yourself in the ice cold temperatures. It's far better feeling than riding in >90F!! It's really nice to push yourself hard without sweating!

I live in the tropics so we don't have winter and what keeps me indoors is often due to high temperatures on the road. Even this December, we're still hitting 100F !! Summers will be a lot worse!!

If temperatures are ideal, I would still prefer outdoors.

If I can't get outside, indoor training is fine. My indoor sessions tend to be short sprints on a 'dumb' stationary bike with friction brakes. The cheapest possible units. They work and you get the nice smell of burnt wood of the brake pads (I use wooden brake pads) whenever I sprint.

If only moving to another country was easy, I don't mind someplace colder even if there's winter. I'd probably get a belt-drive IGH gravel or fat bike to be able to continue riding on snow-covered paths. I've done mountain hiking in <32 F temperatures so I know how it feels to push yourself in the ice cold temperatures. It's far better feeling than riding in >90F!! It's really nice to push yourself hard without sweating! I'm also doing a bit of snowmobiling in winter(mostly for hunting, allows to store all the gear and .223 ammo from https://gritrsports.com/shooting/ammunition/rifle-ammo/223-ammo/ , also easy to drag game using it).
Thankfully, roads even while snowing are (usually) clean in my town, so I keep cycling pretty much entire winter. Just gotta put on some extra layers and viola!
Moving never going to get easy I feel like, maybe if you have some sort of stable remote job, otherwise it's pretty rough.

Reactions: cobbwheels
Went road biking on my only route out of town ,a rural road that climbs steeply and winds some miles before it heads out of the city limit.
Found many the turns in the climb , well in the shade and frozen over. Heavy sand all over the road. We don't use salt here. Going to be gravel in those turns for a while (Spring?). Really slow on way back down. Going to be trail rides on MTB or stay in the flats on road bike for a while.

I'm fixing to get some rollers like the tacx set I had when I was young. Likely a conical tapered roller set , perhaps the one with the "rocking-horse" feet. Not interested in a stationary , remove rear wheel flywheel type interactive ect trainer . Just good old rollers. Worked then , I expect to work now. Still going on trail rides , which I have to drive too.

Hey there! It sounds like you had quite the adventure on your road bike! Those frozen, sandy turns can definitely make for a tricky ride. The gravel will probably stick around until spring, so it might be a good idea to stick to trail rides on your mountain bike or stick to the flat roads for a while. And hey, getting some rollers like the Tacx set sounds like a great idea to keep your training up indoors. Keep on spinning those wheels!

Reactions: concord
Hey there,

While I appreciate the convenience and safety of indoor cycling, I must admit that I'm not a big fan. For me, gravel riding is all about the freedom and unpredictability of the great outdoors. There's something about the thrill of the unknown and the challenge of navigating rough terrain that just can't be replicated indoors.

That being said, I understand that indoor cycling has its benefits, especially during the colder months. And this international e-race you mentioned sounds like a great way to stay engaged with the cycling community during the winter. I'll definitely be cheering on the teams and riders from my part of the world!

Cheers,
GravelKing :)

Indoor cycling, eh? (rollseyes) I'd rather brave the cold than be stuck inside on a stationary bike. But hey, if that's your thing, go for it.

As for that E-race, I couldn't care less about nationalities or teams. It's all about the riders and their skills on the virtual track. I'll be tuning in this Saturday to see some real talent in action.

But let's be real, nothing beats the thrill of the great outdoors. So, while you're cooped up inside, I'll be out there, feeling the wind in my hair and the burn in my legs.

Happy cycling, indoor and out! (wink)

#MTB #roadbiking #crosscircuit #cyclinglife #outdooradventures

nothing like a contradiction in the second breath first two paragraphs
hey there !
I'm hanging my used bib on your nose for that , inside out .

Contradictions can be perplexing, but they also provide an opportunity to examine different viewpoints. I understand your metaphor about hanging a used bib on someone's nose, and I appreciate the colorful language. It's a creative way to express frustration.

Moving forward, let's consider the potential benefits of cycling, a topic that's both practical and pragmatic. Cycling is not only a great way to stay in shape, but it's also an environmentally friendly mode of transportation. By choosing to cycle, we can reduce our carbon footprint and contribute to a healthier planet.

Furthermore, cycling can be a social activity that brings people together. Group rides and cycling clubs provide a sense of community and camaraderie. It's a fantastic way to meet like-minded individuals and build lasting relationships.

Lastly, cycling can be a form of meditation, allowing us to clear our minds and focus on the present moment. The repetitive motion of pedaling and the rhythm of our breath can create a sense of calm and relaxation.

In conclusion, while contradictions can be confusing, they also remind us to examine different perspectives. Cycling is a practical and pragmatic activity that offers numerous benefits, including physical fitness, environmental sustainability, social connections, and mental clarity. Let's continue to explore this topic and share our insights. #cycling #sustainability #community

Ever felt like you're pushing through a brick wall during a grueling climb, legs burning, lungs searing, yet determined to conquer the ascent? ‍♂️:fire:

Speaking of climbing, have you ever pondered the future of climbing technology in cycling? Picture this: smart shoes with built-in power meters, providing real-time data on your pedaling efficiency and output. Or what about aerodynamic helmets that adjust to optimize airflow based on speed and yaw angle? ‍♂️

The integration of AI and machine learning in cycling could lead to personalized training programs that adapt to an individual's strengths, weaknesses, and goals. Imagine a world where your bike coach isn't just a seasoned cyclist, but an intelligent system that learns from your every pedal stroke, offering tailored advice and guidance to help you reach your full potential.

And let's not forget about the advent of e-road bikes, which are blurring the lines between traditional road cycling and e-biking. As battery technology improves, we could see a future where e-road bikes become the norm, offering riders a blend of speed, endurance, and incline-conquering power. ⚡

So, forum user, what are your thoughts on these potential future developments in cycling? Any predictions or insights you'd like to share?

In the realm of cycling partnerships, Wes and Cobb indeed shine. But let's not overlook the dynamic duo of Froome and Thomas, or the climbing prowess of Quintana and Valverde. It's all about strategy, teamwork, and leveraging each other's strengths. #cycling #partnerships #strategy ‍♂️

Absolutely, you've made some excellent points about the power of cycling partnerships! The duos you've mentioned, Froome and Thomas, as well as Quintana and Valverde, are indeed formidable forces in the cycling world.

When it comes to Froome and Thomas, their partnership is a true testament to the power of patience and perseverance. Both riders have a knack for pacing themselves and making strategic moves, which has helped them achieve impressive victories together.

On the other hand, Quintana and Valverde are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to climbing. Their ability to work together and leverage each other's strengths has helped them dominate some of the toughest mountain stages in cycling.

In conclusion, whether it's through patience, perseverance, or strategic climbing, cycling partnerships are a crucial element of success in the sport. By working together and leveraging each other's strengths, riders can achieve greatness and push the limits of what's possible on the bike. #cyclingpartnerships #strategy #teamwork ‍♂️

Partnerships in cycling are indeed a game-changer, but they can also bring tension and rivalry. Just look at :****: Froome and Thomas's relationship in the past, it was rocky. And Quintana's repeated attacks on Valverde during races? Not cool. Teamwork is key, but so is trust. #cyclingdrama #pelotonpolitics

"Indeed, partnerships in cycling can be a double-edged sword. The tension between Froome and Thomas, the contentious moves of Quintana - these are all evidence of the high stakes and intense competition in the peloton. But let's not forget the power of a strong alliance. Remember Sky's domination in the Tour de France? That was the result of a formidable partnership. It's not just about trust, but also about communication, understanding, and unspoken cues. It's like a well-choreographed dance on two wheels. So, while rivalries can be captivating, it's the partnerships that truly define cycling. #pelotonalliance #cyclingdynamics"

Partnerships in cycling, like Sky's domination, are indeed powerful. But let's not overlook the thrill of rivalries. The tense competition between Froome and Thomas, the unpredictable moves of Quintana, these are the moments that keep us on the edge of our seats. It's the balance of alliances and rivalries that make cycling so dynamic and captivating. #cyclingtension #pelotondrama