Are You Taking NEUROPLEX ??? (Better stock up!)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mark Thorson, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    Quoting from:
    http://www.standardprocess.com/lit/tabsheets/neuroplex5850.pdf

    "Abstract: Neuroplex Contains Bovine Brain Tissues, Vitamins, Minerals, And Co-Enzymes To Maintain
    Healthy Function Of The Nervous And Endocrine Systems The use of glandular therapy, in which
    specific animal organ and gland tissues are ingested for the concentrated nutrients present in them,
    has had a long history of use across a variety of cultures. The basic premise in glandular therapy
    is "like heals like. Bovine brain tissues like the pineal, hypothalamus, and pituitary, are combined
    with bovine liver and spleen in Neuroplex, to provide concentrated nutrients that are especially
    supportive to their parallel tissues in the human body. Vitamins and minerals contained in Neuroplex
    enable enzymes and hormones to function properly, contributing to the healthy maintenance of the
    nervous, endocrine, and immune systems, as well as other control functions for the body."

    Quoting from: http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2004pres/20040126.html

    The first interim final rule will ban the following materials from FDA-regulated human food,
    (including dietary supplements) and cosmetics:

    Any material from “downer” cattle. (“Downer” cattle are animals that cannot walk.)

    Any material from “dead” cattle. (“Dead” cattle are cattle that die on the farm (i.e. before
    reaching the slaughter plant);

    Specified Risk Materials (SRMs) that are known to harbor the highest concentrations of the
    infectious agent for BSE, such as the brain, skull, eyes, and spinal cord of cattle 30 months
    or older, and a portion of the small intestine and tonsils from all cattle, regardless of
    their age or health; and

    The product known as mechanically separated beef, a product which may contain SRMs. Meat
    obtained by Advanced Meat Recovery (an automated system for cutting meat from bones), may be
    used since USDA regulations do not allow the presence of SRMs in this product.

    Tags:

  2. Cindy Fuller

    Cindy Fuller Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Mark Thorson <[email protected]t> wrote:

    > Quoting from: http://www.standardprocess.com/lit/tabsheets/neuroplex5850.pdf
    >
    > "Abstract: Neuroplex Contains Bovine Brain Tissues, Vitamins, Minerals, And Co-Enzymes To Maintain
    > Healthy Function Of The Nervous And Endocrine Systems The use of glandular therapy, in which
    > specific animal organ and gland tissues are ingested for the concentrated nutrients present in
    > them, has had a long history of use across a variety of cultures. The basic premise in glandular
    > therapy is "like heals like. Bovine brain tissues like the pineal, hypothalamus, and pituitary,
    > are combined with bovine liver and spleen in Neuroplex, to provide concentrated nutrients that are
    > especially supportive to their parallel tissues in the human body. Vitamins and minerals contained
    > in Neuroplex enable enzymes and hormones to function properly, contributing to the healthy
    > maintenance of the nervous, endocrine, and immune systems, as well as other control functions for
    > the body."
    >

    > Quoting from: http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2004pres/20040126.html
    >
    > The first interim final rule will ban the following materials from FDA-regulated human food,
    > (including dietary supplements) and cosmetics:
    >
    > Any material from “downer” cattle. (“Downer” cattle are animals that cannot walk.)
    >
    > Any material from “dead” cattle. (“Dead” cattle are cattle that die on the farm (i.e.
    > before reaching the slaughter plant);
    >
    > Specified Risk Materials (SRMs) that are known to harbor the highest concentrations of the
    > infectious agent for BSE, such as the brain, skull, eyes, and spinal cord of cattle 30
    > months or older, and a portion of the small intestine and tonsils from all cattle,
    > regardless of their age or health; and
    >
    > The product known as mechanically separated beef, a product which may contain SRMs. Meat
    > obtained by Advanced Meat Recovery (an automated system for cutting meat from bones), may
    > be used since USDA regulations do not allow the presence of SRMs in this product.

    I had a job interview for a writing job with a supplement company that produces glandular
    supplements a while back. It's probably a safe guess that the bottom has fallen out of that part of
    their business, since it is a Washington state company and probably got some of their products from
    high risk bovines.

    Cindy, thankful she didn't get that job

    --
    C.J. Fuller