Argh!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Callas, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Callas

    Callas Guest

    First beautiful day in a MONTH and I have a fecking injury!

    Blistered the back of my right heel two days ago, walking seven miles
    with the new insert :(

    --
    Callas

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:47:59 +0100, Callas <[email protected]> wrote:

    > First beautiful day in a MONTH and I have a fecking injury!
    >
    > Blistered the back of my right heel two days ago, walking seven miles
    > with the new insert :(

    Stick a 'second skin' on it. It heals quicker and aggravates less.

    Colin

  3. Callas

    Callas Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:47:59 +0100, Callas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > First beautiful day in a MONTH and I have a fecking injury!
    > >
    > > Blistered the back of my right heel two days ago, walking seven miles
    > > with the new insert :(

    > Stick a 'second skin' on it. It heals quicker and aggravates less.

    I'd walk to the shops to buy one, but it'd mean I'd have to *walk* to
    the shops to buy one! :)

    --
    Callas

  4. On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:59:49 +0100, Callas <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:47:59 +0100, Callas <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> > First beautiful day in a MONTH and I have a fecking injury!
    >> >
    >> > Blistered the back of my right heel two days ago, walking seven miles
    >> > with the new insert :(

    >> Stick a 'second skin' on it. It heals quicker and aggravates less.

    > I'd walk to the shops to buy one, but it'd mean I'd have to *walk* to
    > the shops to buy one! :)

    It sounds like a job for a hand-cycle. Order on via the Internet, now.

    Colin

  5. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Callas typed:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:47:59 +0100, Callas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> First beautiful day in a MONTH and I have a fecking injury!
    >>>
    >>> Blistered the back of my right heel two days ago, walking seven miles
    >>> with the new insert :(

    >> Stick a 'second skin' on it. It heals quicker and aggravates less.

    > I'd walk to the shops to buy one, but it'd mean I'd have to *walk* to
    > the shops to buy one! :)

    Do you have a car ?

    ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

  6. Callas

    Callas Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Callas typed:

    > > I'd walk to the shops to buy one, but it'd mean I'd have to *walk* to
    > > the shops to buy one! :)

    > Do you have a car ?
    >
    > ;)

    Haven't even taken a driving lesson :)

    --
    Callas

  7. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Callas wrote:

    > I'd walk to the shops to buy one, but it'd mean I'd have to *walk* to
    > the shops to buy one! :)

    Better hop to it then!

    How about cycling in flip-flops/open-back shoes?

    Tony

  8. Callas

    Callas Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Callas wrote:
    > > I'd walk to the shops to buy one, but it'd mean I'd have to *walk* to
    > > the shops to buy one! :)

    > Better hop to it then!
    >
    > How about cycling in flip-flops/open-back shoes?

    Tiny pedals - speedplay (little discs). Also, dangerous anyway - all my
    reflexes are for cleats. I rode on a regular town bike once a few
    months ago, just a couple of miles, I almost came off twice, because
    what I was doing was right for cleats and wrong for regular pedals.

    --
    Callas

  9. Callas

    Callas Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:

    > > Better hop to it then!
    > >
    > > How about cycling in flip-flops/open-back shoes?

    > To give his blister a few companions, you mean? ;-)

    Is my suffering only humour to you? ;)

    --
    Callas

  10. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Callas wrote:

    > Is my suffering only humour to you? ;)

    Absolutely not, we are a refined and educated group. We only indulge in
    schadenfreude.

    Tony

  11. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    Callas <[email protected]> wrote in news:MPG.1b6b18d397a2cb09898c7
    @news-east.giganews.com:

    > Is my suffering only humour to you? ;)

    No, we laugh at *everyone's* suffering ;-)

    Graeme

  12. Tony Raven wrote:

    > Callas wrote:
    >

    >> I'd walk to the shops to buy one, but it'd mean I'd have to *walk* to
    >> the shops to buy one! :)
    >>

    > Better hop to it then!
    >
    > How about cycling in flip-flops/open-back shoes?

    To give his blister a few companions, you mean? ;-)

    --
    jc

    Remove the -not from email

  13. Callas

    Callas Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:47:59 +0100, Callas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > First beautiful day in a MONTH and I have a fecking injury!
    > >
    > > Blistered the back of my right heel two days ago, walking seven miles
    > > with the new insert :(

    > Stick a 'second skin' on it. It heals quicker and aggravates less.

    What exactly is second skin?

    I walked into town to get some, but could only find Germolene "new
    skin".

    --
    Callas

  14. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Callas asked:
    > What exactly is second skin?
    >
    > I walked into town to get some, but could only find Germolene "new
    > skin".

    The brand name to ask for is Compeed. You could probably have done with
    knowing that a few hours ago, though.

  15. On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:14:52 +0100, Danny Colyer
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >> What exactly is second skin?

    >The brand name to ask for is Compeed.

    Is the right answer. Also sold by Boots under their own brand as
    blister plasters, but go for the Compeed brand. Said the man with a
    Compeed on his heel :)

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  16. vernon levy

    vernon levy Guest

    > > Which is why I've not ridden since last Wednesday. I think you just
    > > have to accept you've lost the training time and don't run the risk of
    > > loosing a lot more time for the sake of getting back on the bike a day
    > > or two early.

    > You never can be too careful where blisters are concerned ;-)

    They could weep enough to give you trench foot and then you'll be sorry
    matey......

  17. On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:56:33 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know?
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:14:52 +0100, Danny Colyer
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > <[email protected]>:
    >
    >>> What exactly is second skin?

    >> The brand name to ask for is Compeed.

    > Is the right answer. Also sold by Boots under their own brand as
    > blister plasters, but go for the Compeed brand. Said the man with a
    > Compeed on his heel :)

    I used the Boots own brand. No problems whatsoever.

    Colin

  18. Colin Blackburn wrote:

    >>> The brand name to ask for is Compeed.

    >> Is the right answer. Also sold by Boots under their own brand as
    >> blister plasters, but go for the Compeed brand. Said the man with a
    >> Compeed on his heel :)

    > I used the Boots own brand. No problems whatsoever.

    The Boots ones come off about two showers earlier :)

    --
    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  19. On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:11:40 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know?
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Colin Blackburn wrote:
    >> I used the Boots own brand. No problems whatsoever.

    > The Boots ones come off about two showers earlier :)

    Ah, you shower?

    I wore the Boots ones after getting bad blister on the Saunders MM. The
    first plaster survived over a week and only came off because the blister
    continued blistering underneath until it burst from the sides (yuk). I
    then put a fresh one on and it survived the adventure race last weekend
    including spending some time wading in the sea, across a river and falling
    in a canal twice. Maybe I had a super sticky batch ;-)

    Colin

  20. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    Colin Blackburn wrote:

    > I wore the Boots ones after getting bad blister on the Saunders MM. The
    > first plaster survived over a week and only came off because the
    > blister continued blistering underneath until it burst from the sides
    > (yuk). I then put a fresh one on and it survived the adventure race
    > last weekend including spending some time wading in the sea, across a
    > river and falling in a canal twice. Maybe I had a super sticky batch ;-)

    You mean you didn't take to your bed until it got better?

    James
    by treading on the toes of giants.