ARGON 18 Krypton

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Muzzbag, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Muzzbag

Muzzbag New Member

Anyone have any experience with the above here is Aus. Thinking of buying but can't find any recent reviews other than their top of line model.

Tags:

2. chch_legend

chch_legend New Member

I'm looking at the same bike, with Campag Chorus & Zonda wheels, should make for a nice ride. But I can't find any decent articles or reviews either.

However the guys at SHM in QV, Melbourne were really knowledgeable about them and heaped praise on the frames. I'm not sure if this is the sales pitch but they said the Argon18 frames were their biggest sellers.

3. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

I've read a couple of reviews of them. Cant recall the specifics except that the reviews were quite positive.
    One was Chris Boardman in procycling. He's normally not super enthusiastic about anything he rides so for him to say it was good is a huge rap.:p

4. Muzzbag

Muzzbag New Member

I have spoken to the same guys but am really trying to get some independant feedback. The importers say they have sold plenty, but living in the country I haven't seen any and haven't heard anything on the grape vine (although I did get some negative feedback on last years Gallium).

5. Muzzbag

Muzzbag New Member

I've also read that review (and a follow up one where he continues his love). But some more recent Australia info would be really nice in my decision making process. Thanks anyway.

6. rdk

rdk New Member

This doesn't help anyone, but I'm in the same boat re info. Saw one today and particularly liked the black one rather than the red.

7. Muzzbag

Muzzbag New Member

Agreed re the Black (although only from photos). I have just seen the brochure and the frame comes in at 1325g and fork at 460g for a total package of 1785g which is fairly heavy for these days. I'm considering other options.

8. chch_legend

chch_legend New Member

Well I took the plunge and have bought the Argon18 Krypton, black frame with Campag Chorus groupset and Campag Zonda wheels.

Went for a ride on the weekend and can't speak highly enough of it. It was the first ride in 4 months and I was still able to travel at 3-4 kmph faster than previously at the same heart rates.

Now looking forward to getting into some serious training for RTB, even though I have to get over riding the new bike in the rain.

I would higly recommend SHM in QV, Melbourne for their service and advice also.

9. rdk

rdk New Member

Congrats. Very nice bike.

10. moumou

moumou New Member

[lang=sv]Hej,

Jag fundera på att köpa en Argon 18 Krypton med Ultegra, hur mycket betalade du för din Argon?

Mvh,
    Mei

[Quote = chch_legend, 3325817] Jo jag tog steget ut och har köpt Argon18 krypton, svart ram med Campag Chorus groupset och Campag Zonda hjul.

Tog en tur på helgen och inte kan tala mycket nog av det. Det var den första ritt i 4 månader och jag var fortfarande möjlighet att resa på 3-4 km / h snabbare än tidigare på samma hjärtfrekvens.

Nu ser fram emot att få in några allvarliga utbildning för RTB, även fast jag måste komma över rida den nya cykeln i regnet.

Jag skulle higly rekommendera SHM i QV, Melbourne för deras service och råd också. [/ QUOTE][/lang]