Argon18

Phill P

Jul 9, 2006
Any one know much of this brand or riden/own one?

I know they are Canananandian, and the Krypton is in my price range, and sizes seem ok. They also use size specific tubing shapes as the frames get larger so they should be good and stiff in the larger sizes.

Any input people?

Phill P said:

I know they are Canananandian, and the Krypton is in my price range, and sizes seem ok. They also use size specific tubing shapes as the frames get larger so they should be good and stiff in the larger sizes.

Any input people?
Chris Boardman reviewed a Gallium S3 in the December 2005 issue of ProCycling.

One point he expressly mentioned was that he was disappointed with the amount of flex in the top tube area and forks, he says the fork flex at low speed really made the front end grab.

I seen these frames in the shop, they look good up close, well made, but I have never ridden one. Visually they have a lot of stickers though.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=3389

Phill P said:
Thanks for that link, PEZ do really good reviews, actually rate the aspects of the frame rather than talk about everything other than the ride its self (but they do also talk about the other aspects as well).

cyclingnews also did a review a few years back. Looks like Argon18 do make good bikes, just not got the big name yet.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2006/reviews/argon18_gallium

Sure they do. Try to actually find something that PEZ didn't love. In the world of magazine reviews, PEZ rates somewhere around Bicycling Magazine, which is to say, about as bad and uncritical as you can get. They seem to prefer giving the manufacturer a reach-around rather than critically evaluating a product.

alienator said:
Sure they do. Try to actually find something that PEZ didn't love. In the world of magazine reviews, PEZ rates somewhere around Bicycling Magazine, which is to say, about as bad and uncritical as you can get. They seem to prefer giving the manufacturer a reach-around rather than critically evaluating a product.

I do have to agree, REviews are a swag gathering exercise, it seems...

Valid point, you just about never hear a review say something is sub standard.

Forums however get comments from people not getting paid or worring about advertising income!
So far no feed back on these bikes....where are all the Cananandians hiding?

fabiosav said:
UP in Canananadia?

Actually, to digress on Pez, the toolbox advice is "best on the web" in my book.

Yes, they are made in Canananadia, R.O.C.

Phill P said:
Valid point, you just about never hear a review say something is sub standard.

Forums however get comments from people not getting paid or worring about advertising income!
So far no feed back on these bikes....where are all the Cananandians hiding?

Maybe they all ride Cannannondales? :confused:

They are a good bike. They do flex a bit when sprinting. Just don't crash on one. Crash Replacement is not an option. :rolleyes:

Phill P said:

Any input people?