Arguing with Cagers

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:16:08 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Personal Water Craft?
>Correct.

Ah. I was thinking of all those words describing the people who ride jetskis which start with
W, C and P.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

In news:[email protected], Sandy Morton <[email protected]> typed:

> I have been offered a harpoon gun. Do you wish to borrow it when we have eradicated the pests?

I hope you are *not* going to just leave the bodies to float on the sea for a bit; that would only
add to pollution. Please dispose of them in an appropriate manner, taking appropriate biosecurity
precautions. Remember the damage foot and mouth caused, and that humans carry *far* more pathogens
than pigs.

Alex

good sound advice

Just what forums should be used for.

disposing of any evidence is always my NO. 1 priority.

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:41:06 -0000, "Colin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>What do you think makes the rivers flow? ;)

High pressure at the top. Everyone knows that :-/

James

--
A credit limit is NOT a target.

"Adrian Boliston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Have any of you cyclists ever got into an argument with a cager and then thought "What really is
> the point???"

Hmm yes, the other day I was cycling along an urban road in the bus lane in light traffic when this
moron overtakes me really close at motorway speeds weaving in and out of the cars. I caught up with
him at the lights (he'd stopped on the ASL of course) and tried to explain the error of his ways to
which his response was an incessant chorus of "Did I touch you?" It was just like being back in the
playground.

This got me to thinking, was he just using this as an excuse to allay any thoughts that he's not the
world's best driver or are there people out there who honestly believe that any journey where they
reach their destination without killing anyone is proof positive of their superior driving skills.
Which logically then follows on that any accident involving them can't possibly be their fault cos
they've proved on countless journeys how good they are at driving.

Ho hum.

LN

lardy ninja wrote:

> This got me to thinking, was he just using this as an excuse to allay any thoughts that he's not
> the world's best driver or are there people out there who honestly believe that any journey
> where they reach their destination without killing anyone is proof positive of their superior
> driving skills.

There are many of them, most, but not all are male and between the ages of 17 and 30.

> Which logically then follows on that any accident involving them can't possibly be their fault cos
> they've proved on countless journeys how good they are at driving.

Of course.

They have to believe all this because driving too fast is an essential part of their masculine
self image.

Me, I drive slowly but am hung like a horse. ;-)

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Alex Graham <[email protected]> writes:
> Sandy Morton wrote:
>
> > We have a similar problem with the boat - 5 knots downhill with a following wind. The PWC (jet
> > skiers) go ever so slightly faster:-(
>
> Hehe - out of interest how can you go downhill in a boat?

Apart from rapids on rivers, surfing is going downhill on a hill that keeps up with you.