Arizona Spring Fling IV, March 13-16 2003

Status

Paul Beakley

Guest
Hello amb'ers!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've got
a TON of swag to give away.

More information at:

http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html

Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.

If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!

Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona Guidebook
available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
(480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

Peter

Guest
> Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
> eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.

Heheheh. Never tryed eatin' mah bike before. Never seen a sleepin' bike either.

Peter

Cleanbean

Guest
I have to admit I slept with my bike. It was after a major biff and when I woke up it was on
top of me!

Say, this Arizona Spring Fling looks like fun. I could visit my dad while there too. Cleanbean

"Paul Beakley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello amb'ers!
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
> traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've
> got a TON of swag to give away.
>
> More information at:
>
> http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html
>
> Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
> eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.
>
> If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!
>
> Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
> Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
> (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

Jd

Guest
[email protected] (Paul Beakley) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello amb'ers!
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
> traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've
> got a TON of swag to give away.
>
> More information at:
>
> http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html
>
> Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
> eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.
>
> If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!
>
> Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
> Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
> (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.

JD

Cinder Girl

Guest
"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have to admit I slept with my bike. It was after a major biff and when
> woke up it was on top of me!

Being in a small apartment without much storage space ... my mountain bike is the bedroom right next
to my side of the bed. Its the first thing I see when I wake up and the last thing I see before I go
to sleep ;)

Paul Beakley

Guest
On 30 Jan 2003 14:39:52 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
>ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
>
>JD

That's actually untrue, Jerry. The first couple were in fact mtbr events, and it's still promoted on
mtbr, but it's strictly a grassroots thing this year (as it was last year). We've even had some
trouble getting mtbr.com to recognize the event beyond a courtesy link.

I'm not sure what the cheerleader to rider ratio is; can't respond to that. All I know is, the word
of mouth has a life of its own now. We're expecting a couple hundred riders this year, spread each
day across four groups -- but they're as committed to riding as you or me.

I don't actually care one way or the other, but I'm curious: If you look so unfavorably on mtbr.com,
why do you post there? That site, particularly the Passion board, has a VERY high noise-to-signal
ratio, yet there you are, slugging it out with the rest of the idiots. If I felt such derision about
a site or group, I'd probably just avoid it. But that's just me.

Yeah, I'm aiming for FFTF this year. Hope we can catch up.

Peace,

p.

Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores,
and online
(480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

Dave

Guest
so is the FFTF you big ol' e-tard you!

or at least it's been giving it's own area over there.....

see you in hell.....

> [email protected] (Paul Beakley) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hello amb'ers!
> >
> > Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
> > traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've
> > got a TON of swag to give away.
> >
> > More information at:
> >
> > http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html
> >
> > Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
> > eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.
> >
> > If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!
> >
> > Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
> > Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
> > (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com
>
> You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
> ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
>
> JD

Dave

Guest
> [email protected] (Paul Beakley) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hello amb'ers!
> >
> > Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
> > traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've
> > got a TON of swag to give away.
> >
> > More information at:
> >
> > http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html
> >
> > Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
> > eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.
> >
> > If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!
> >
> > Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
> > Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
> > (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com
>
> You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
> ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
>
> JD

aww, you're just mad because the only cheering directed toward you will be cheers of hope....hope
your brakes fail or something....and you'll tumble like a rag doll off one of them mountains....

Schmuck!

Dave

Guest
"Paul Beakley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On 30 Jan 2003 14:39:52 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
>
> >You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
> >ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
> >
> >JD
>
> That's actually untrue, Jerry. The first couple were in fact mtbr events, and it's still promoted
> on mtbr, but it's strictly a grassroots thing this year (as it was last year). We've even had some
> trouble getting mtbr.com to recognize the event beyond a courtesy link.
>
> I'm not sure what the cheerleader to rider ratio is; can't respond to that. All I know is, the
> word of mouth has a life of its own now. We're expecting a couple hundred riders this year, spread
> each day across four groups -- but they're as committed to riding as you or me.
>
> I don't actually care one way or the other, but I'm curious: If you look so unfavorably on
> mtbr.com, why do you post there? That site, particularly the Passion board, has a VERY high
> noise-to-signal ratio, yet there you are, slugging it out with the rest of the idiots. If I felt
> such derision about a site or group, I'd probably just avoid it. But that's just me.
>
> Yeah, I'm aiming for FFTF this year. Hope we can catch up.
>
> Peace,
>
> p.
>

> Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores,
> and online
> (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

you have to ask? because he is a HYPOCRITE! It ain't **** unless he approves of it....bwahaaa ha!
What a fookin loser.....

Jd

Guest
[email protected] (Paul Beakley) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 30 Jan 2003 14:39:52 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
>
> >You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
> >ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
> >
> >JD
>
> That's actually untrue, Jerry. The first couple were in fact mtbr events, and it's still promoted
> on mtbr, but it's strictly a grassroots thing this year (as it was last year). We've even had some
> trouble getting mtbr.com to recognize the event beyond a courtesy link.

Their involvement, however minimal is enough for me to stay away.

> I'm not sure what the cheerleader to rider ratio is; can't respond to that. All I know is, the
> word of mouth has a life of its own now. We're expecting a couple hundred riders this year, spread
> each day across four groups -- but they're as committed to riding as you or me.

Insta-crowd. No thanks. Most of the people who frequent mtbr(etards) are boring/stupid/lame enough
for me to keep my distance from that zoo.

> I don't actually care one way or the other, but I'm curious: If you look so unfavorably on
> mtbr.com, why do you post there? That site, particularly the Passion board, has a VERY high
> noise-to-signal ratio, yet there you are, slugging it out with the rest of the idiots. If I felt
> such derision about a site or group, I'd probably just avoid it. But that's just me.

Curiousity killed the cat. Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer. Want any
more cliches?

> Yeah, I'm aiming for FFTF this year. Hope we can catch up.

Doubtful. Minimal involvement and riding little known routes have become my theme in recent
years at FFTF.

JD

Paul Beakley

Guest
On 31 Jan 2003 06:51:43 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>Insta-crowd. No thanks. Most of the people who frequent mtbr(etards) are boring/stupid/lame enough
>for me to keep my distance from that zoo.

Big crazy crowd scenes -- I hear you loud and clear, believe me. I'm a solo-to-three-riders rider
myself, usually, but there's something to be said for fostering community. So I'm doing this event
-- with or without mtbr -- and a little 30-person thing in the White Mountains, and that's pretty
much it for the crowds.

Sorry to hear you're giving the FFTF a pass, but I sympathize with your reasons. Regardless, I may
still be up there around then -- maybe we can do an off-the-books ride?

Dig the cliches, btw. ;-)

p.

Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores,
and online
(480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

Jd

Guest
frightpig the broken record scribbled:
> you have to ask? because he is a HYPOCRITE! It ain't **** unless he approves of it....bwahaaa ha!
> What a fookin loser.....

spankski authoritatively followed like the lemmingski that he is:
> Because, unlike yourself, who innocently posted this to make others aware of what I'm sure is a
> very exciting event, he is a H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E!!!!

You two need to get a room.

JD

Notaknob

Guest
> I don't actually care one way or the other, but I'm curious: If you look so unfavorably on
> mtbr.com, why do you post there? That site, particularly the Passion board, has a VERY high
> noise-to-signal ratio, yet there you are, slugging it out with the rest of the idiots. If I felt
> such derision about a site or group, I'd probably just avoid it. But that's just me.

I tend to view MTBR passion as a TANSTAAFL site (Heinlein, RIP). Lunch is paid for by the traffic.
Since posting a pic is free I believe that the howdy-dude-y crowd is is the price you pay utilizing
their service.

nk 'nm'

Jd

Guest
notaknob <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > I don't actually care one way or the other, but I'm curious: If you look so unfavorably on
> > mtbr.com, why do you post there? That site, particularly the Passion board, has a VERY high
> > noise-to-signal ratio, yet there you are, slugging it out with the rest of the idiots. If I felt
> > such derision about a site or group, I'd probably just avoid it. But that's just me.
>
> I tend to view MTBR passion as a TANSTAAFL site (Heinlein, RIP). Lunch is paid for by the traffic.
> Since posting a pic is free I believe that the howdy-dude-y crowd is is the price you pay
> utilizing their service.
>
> nk 'nm'

As always, you're a riot Bruce. Thanks for the laugh (with).

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.