Arizona Spring Fling IV, March 13-16 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Beakley

Hello amb'ers!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've got
a TON of swag to give away.

More information at:

http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html

Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.

If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!

Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona Guidebook
available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
(480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

P

Peter

> Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
> eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.

Heheheh. Never tryed eatin' mah bike before. Never seen a sleepin' bike either.

Peter

C

Cleanbean

I have to admit I slept with my bike. It was after a major biff and when I woke up it was on
top of me!

Say, this Arizona Spring Fling looks like fun. I could visit my dad while there too. Cleanbean

"Paul Beakley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello amb'ers!
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
> traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've
> got a TON of swag to give away.
>
> More information at:
>
> http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html
>
> Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
>
> If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!
>
> Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
> Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
> (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

J

Jd

[email protected] (Paul Beakley) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello amb'ers!
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
> traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've
> got a TON of swag to give away.
>
> More information at:
>
> http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html
>
>
> If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!
>
> Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
> Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online

You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.

JD

C

Cinder Girl

"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have to admit I slept with my bike. It was after a major biff and when
I
> woke up it was on top of me!
>
Being in a small apartment without much storage space ... my mountain bike is the bedroom right next
to my side of the bed. Its the first thing I see when I wake up and the last thing I see before I go
to sleep ;)

P

Paul Beakley

On 30 Jan 2003 14:39:52 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
>ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
>
>JD

That's actually untrue, Jerry. The first couple were in fact mtbr events, and it's still promoted on
mtbr, but it's strictly a grassroots thing this year (as it was last year). We've even had some
trouble getting mtbr.com to recognize the event beyond a courtesy link.

I'm not sure what the cheerleader to rider ratio is; can't respond to that. All I know is, the word
of mouth has a life of its own now. We're expecting a couple hundred riders this year, spread each
day across four groups -- but they're as committed to riding as you or me.

I don't actually care one way or the other, but I'm curious: If you look so unfavorably on mtbr.com,
why do you post there? That site, particularly the Passion board, has a VERY high noise-to-signal
ratio, yet there you are, slugging it out with the rest of the idiots. If I felt such derision about
a site or group, I'd probably just avoid it. But that's just me.

Yeah, I'm aiming for FFTF this year. Hope we can catch up.

Peace,

p.

Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores,
and online

D

Dave

so is the FFTF you big ol' e-tard you!

or at least it's been giving it's own area over there.....

see you in hell.....

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Paul Beakley) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hello amb'ers!
> >
> > Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
> > traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've
> > got a TON of swag to give away.
> >
> > More information at:
> >
> > http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html
> >
> > Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
> > eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.
> >
> > If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!
> >
> > Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
> > Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
> > (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com
>
> You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
> ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
>
> JD

D

Dave

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Paul Beakley) wrote in message
> > Hello amb'ers!
> >
> > Just wanted to let everyone know that the fourth annual Arizona Spring Fling, a big informal
> > traveling bike festival, is coming up soon. I expect this to be the biggest year ever, and we've
> > got a TON of swag to give away.
> >
> > More information at:
> >
> > http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/mbaz/azsf03.html
> >
> > Hundreds of cyclists from around the country fly in for four days of riding, partying, and
> > eating/drinking/sleeping bikes.
> >
> > If you have any questions, e me. Otherwise, hope to see some of you here!
> >
> > Paul Beakley AZ Spring Fling coordinator Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
> > Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
> > (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell http://www.mountainbikearizona.com
>
> You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
> ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
>
> JD

aww, you're just mad because the only cheering directed toward you will be cheers of hope....hope
your brakes fail or something....and you'll tumble like a rag doll off one of them mountains....

Schmuck!

D

Dave

"Paul Beakley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On 30 Jan 2003 14:39:52 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
>
> >You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
> >ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
> >
> >JD
>
> That's actually untrue, Jerry. The first couple were in fact mtbr events, and it's still promoted
> on mtbr, but it's strictly a grassroots thing this year (as it was last year). We've even had some
> trouble getting mtbr.com to recognize the event beyond a courtesy link.
>
> I'm not sure what the cheerleader to rider ratio is; can't respond to that. All I know is, the
> word of mouth has a life of its own now. We're expecting a couple hundred riders this year, spread
> each day across four groups -- but they're as committed to riding as you or me.
>
> I don't actually care one way or the other, but I'm curious: If you look so unfavorably on
> mtbr.com, why do you post there? That site, particularly the Passion board, has a VERY high
> noise-to-signal ratio, yet there you are, slugging it out with the rest of the idiots. If I felt
> such derision about a site or group, I'd probably just avoid it. But that's just me.
>
> Yeah, I'm aiming for FFTF this year. Hope we can catch up.
>
> Peace,
>
> p.
>
>
> Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores,
> and online

you have to ask? because he is a HYPOCRITE! It ain't **** unless he approves of it....bwahaaa ha!
What a fookin loser.....

J

Jd

[email protected] (Paul Beakley) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 30 Jan 2003 14:39:52 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
>
> >You failed to mention that it's a mtbr(etards) event. I'd wager to bet the cheerleader to rider
> >ratio is very high. See you in Fruita.
> >
> >JD
>
> That's actually untrue, Jerry. The first couple were in fact mtbr events, and it's still promoted
> on mtbr, but it's strictly a grassroots thing this year (as it was last year). We've even had some
> trouble getting mtbr.com to recognize the event beyond a courtesy link.

Their involvement, however minimal is enough for me to stay away.

> I'm not sure what the cheerleader to rider ratio is; can't respond to that. All I know is, the
> word of mouth has a life of its own now. We're expecting a couple hundred riders this year, spread
> each day across four groups -- but they're as committed to riding as you or me.

Insta-crowd. No thanks. Most of the people who frequent mtbr(etards) are boring/stupid/lame enough
for me to keep my distance from that zoo.

> I don't actually care one way or the other, but I'm curious: If you look so unfavorably on
> mtbr.com, why do you post there? That site, particularly the Passion board, has a VERY high
> noise-to-signal ratio, yet there you are, slugging it out with the rest of the idiots. If I felt
> such derision about a site or group, I'd probably just avoid it. But that's just me.

Curiousity killed the cat. Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer. Want any
more cliches?

> Yeah, I'm aiming for FFTF this year. Hope we can catch up.

Doubtful. Minimal involvement and riding little known routes have become my theme in recent
years at FFTF.

JD

P

Paul Beakley

On 31 Jan 2003 06:51:43 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>Insta-crowd. No thanks. Most of the people who frequent mtbr(etards) are boring/stupid/lame enough
>for me to keep my distance from that zoo.

Big crazy crowd scenes -- I hear you loud and clear, believe me. I'm a solo-to-three-riders rider
myself, usually, but there's something to be said for fostering community. So I'm doing this event
-- with or without mtbr -- and a little 30-person thing in the White Mountains, and that's pretty
much it for the crowds.

Sorry to hear you're giving the FFTF a pass, but I sympathize with your reasons. Regardless, I may
still be up there around then -- maybe we can do an off-the-books ride?

Dig the cliches, btw. ;-)

p.

Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores,
and online

J

Jd

frightpig the broken record scribbled:
> you have to ask? because he is a HYPOCRITE! It ain't **** unless he approves of it....bwahaaa ha!
> What a fookin loser.....

spankski authoritatively followed like the lemmingski that he is:
> Because, unlike yourself, who innocently posted this to make others aware of what I'm sure is a
> very exciting event, he is a H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E!!!!

You two need to get a room.

JD

N

Notaknob

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

I tend to view MTBR passion as a TANSTAAFL site (Heinlein, RIP). Lunch is paid for by the traffic.
Since posting a pic is free I believe that the howdy-dude-y crowd is is the price you pay utilizing
their service.

nk 'nm'

J

Jd

notaknob <[email protected]> wrote in message
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> > I don't actually care one way or the other, but I'm curious: If you look so unfavorably on
> > mtbr.com, why do you post there? That site, particularly the Passion board, has a VERY high
> > noise-to-signal ratio, yet there you are, slugging it out with the rest of the idiots. If I felt
> > such derision about a site or group, I'd probably just avoid it. But that's just me.
>
> I tend to view MTBR passion as a TANSTAAFL site (Heinlein, RIP). Lunch is paid for by the traffic.
> Since posting a pic is free I believe that the howdy-dude-y crowd is is the price you pay
> utilizing their service.
>
> nk 'nm'

As always, you're a riot Bruce. Thanks for the laugh (with).

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.