Arizona Trip Report (December 2005)

Hi All,

Last December i had a great 2 week MTB vacation in Arizona , Flying
into Phoenix, riding around the Phoenix area, Sedona, Flagstaff and
Prescott

I've just finished a website which has all the details of my trip on
it, if your interested in taking a look you can find my web site at

mtb-hol.com

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Last December i had a great 2 week MTB vacation in Arizona , Flying
> into Phoenix, riding around the Phoenix area, Sedona, Flagstaff and
> Prescott
>
> I've just finished a website which has all the details of my trip on
> it, if your interested in taking a look you can find my web site at
>
> mtb-hol.com

Great report! Looks like you had a terrific time and us Yanks were nice
hosts. Don't believe everything you here about Americans, some of us
are good folk.

Next time your back in the States, check out Idaho.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Last December i had a great 2 week MTB vacation in Arizona , Flying
> into Phoenix, riding around the Phoenix area, Sedona, Flagstaff and
> Prescott

Wow, Flagstaff in December, you're a brave man. Very nice stuff.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

> [email protected] wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Last December i had a great 2 week MTB vacation in Arizona , Flying
>> into Phoenix, riding around the Phoenix area, Sedona, Flagstaff and
>> Prescott
>>

> Wow, Flagstaff in December, you're a brave man. Very nice stuff.
>
> Greg

It was actually warm (comparatively) in Flagstaff in December. Flag didn't
see snow until last weekend other than once in October.

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Last December i had a great 2 week MTB vacation in Arizona , Flying
>>> into Phoenix, riding around the Phoenix area, Sedona, Flagstaff and
>>> Prescott
>>>

>> Wow, Flagstaff in December, you're a brave man. Very nice stuff.
>>
>> Greg

> It was actually warm (comparatively) in Flagstaff in December. Flag
> didn't see snow until last weekend other than once in October.
>
> Gary

Big change from last year.

GeeDubb wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Last December i had a great 2 week MTB vacation in Arizona , Flying
>>> into Phoenix, riding around the Phoenix area, Sedona, Flagstaff and
>>> Prescott
>>>

>> Wow, Flagstaff in December, you're a brave man. Very nice stuff.
>>
>> Greg

> It was actually warm (comparatively) in Flagstaff in December. Flag
> didn't see snow until last weekend other than once in October.
>
> Gary

LOL, the weekend I picked to visit my kid at NAU it snowed 24" in 18 hours.
Good thing we had hotel reservations or we would have been s-o-l. We
couldn't really tour the campus because it was blowing sideways.

so much for my planned bike rides down there.

ps

Thanks for the informative website. I moved to the Phoenix area for a
new job last August and had no idea that the mountain biking here was
so good. Sorry about all the pollution -- I walk to work or ride my
bike and only have to convince another 3.6million people to do the
same!

The National Trail down towards Telegraph Pass was a real wake-up call
for me. Since going over the bars about a month ago on the National
Trail, I've adjusted my body position on the bike, lowered the saddle,
and begun riding much more agressively in the hope that keeping the
wheels rolling will keep the bike upright. But I'll be wearing body
armor for sure the next time I take that section!

One thing I've noticed is the intrepid spirit of many visitors to the
U.S.A. Keep up the travels.

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Wow, Flagstaff in December, you're a brave man. Very nice stuff.
>>>
>>> Greg

>> It was actually warm (comparatively) in Flagstaff in December. Flag
>> didn't see snow until last weekend other than once in October.
>>
>> Gary

> Big change from last year.

Yea, it was so good snow wise last year I went and bought new
skis/boots/clothes for skiing and this year it was dry. Now if I went and
bought a new bike it'd probably rain all spring/summer/fall..........

Gary

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Wow, Flagstaff in December, you're a brave man. Very nice stuff.
>>>
>>> Greg

>> It was actually warm (comparatively) in Flagstaff in December. Flag
>> didn't see snow until last weekend other than once in October.
>>
>> Gary

> LOL, the weekend I picked to visit my kid at NAU it snowed 24" in 18
> hours. Good thing we had hotel reservations or we would have been s-o-l.
> We couldn't really tour the campus because it was blowing sideways.
>
> so much for my planned bike rides down there.
>
> ps

The intention was good! Too bad we didn't at least get to have a cup of
joe.

I drove through Flag on Monday and got my Jeep all dirty.......

Gary (designated all weather driver)

GeeDubb wrote:>> so much for my planned bike rides down there.

>> ps

> The intention was good! Too bad we didn't at least get to have a cup
> of joe.

That was one crazy "vacation". Tuscon-Bowie-Flagstaff-back to Tuscon to get
sister #3, flat tire sunday night in Tuscon which meant spending the night
in Tuscon, back to Bowie, then back to Tuscon to fly home.

small change wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:>> so much for my planned bike rides down there.
>>>
>>> ps

>> The intention was good! Too bad we didn't at least get to have a cup
>> of joe.
>>

> That was one crazy "vacation". Tuscon-Bowie-Flagstaff-back to Tuscon
> to get sister #3, flat tire sunday night in Tuscon which meant
> spending the night in Tuscon, back to Bowie, then back to Tuscon to
> fly home.

Sounds restful :)