Arm warmers for skinny arms

jwh

Oct 27, 2004
Hi all - happy Christmas and all that! Anyone got advice for some arm warmers that don't roll down? I used to have some woolen ones that were great till I totaled them in a crash. I replaced them with some Lycra ones that keep slipping down all the time and it drives me mad.

Well, today, I slipped on a cold greasy patch and totaled those too - so good excuse to get some advise on what to buy next. I'd be interested to hear from any fellow skinny armed chaps or chapeses. Cheers!

jwh said:
Hi all - happy Christmas and all that! Anyone got advice for some arm warmers that don't roll down? ...
I use Pearl Izumi's arm and leg warmers in spring races and they definitely don't slip down. They're pretty snug and feel a bit like compression clothing. PI stuff is kinda pricey, but IMO it works really well, lasts a long time and is worth every penny.

Good luck,
-Dave

very nice but being a bloke they are a bit girly for me thanks :rolleyes:

jwh said:
very nice but being a bloke they are a bit girly for me thanks :rolleyes:
Not everything that TERRY sells is girlie looking ...

The outerwear is generally Unisex ... but, I don't know how much narrower the 'small' arm warmers actually are, or are not ...

1406.gif

Gripper at either end, WINDSTOPPER® throughout. These are lightweight, breathable, and will repel light ran and snow so they're perfect across a wide range of weather conditions.

Item No: 1406
Price: $50.00

http://www.terrybicycles.com/gore/detail.html?item_no=1406

Unisex 'small' is presumably for small people who have proportinally smaller forearm muscles ... you can always e-mail them (or, other retailers) to see if the ones they have will be long enough for you and/or what circumference forearm the 'small' & 'medium' arm warmers are intended for.

alfeng said:
Not everything that TERRY sells is girlie looking ...

The outerwear is generally Unisex ... but, I don't know how much narrower the 'small' arm warmers actually are, or are not ...

1406.gif

Gripper at either end, WINDSTOPPER® throughout. These are lightweight, breathable, and will repel light ran and snow so they're perfect across a wide range of weather conditions.

Item No: 1406
Price: $50.00

http://www.terrybicycles.com/gore/detail.html?item_no=1406

Unisex 'small' is presumably for small people who have proportinally smaller forearm muscles ... you can always e-mail them (or, other retailers) to see if the ones they have will be long enough for you and/or what circumference forearm the 'small' & 'medium' arm warmers are intended for.
I had some Gore arm warmers last year that would always slip down. That said, I'm 6-2ish and have little arm muscle 10 months out of the year, so I had to get larger warmers for the length. Perhaps I just don't fit the "proportional" mold though.
biggrin.gif

jwh said:
Hi all - happy Christmas and all that! Anyone got advice for some arm warmers that don't roll down? I used to have some woolen ones that were great till I totaled them in a crash. I replaced them with some Lycra ones that keep slipping down all the time and it drives me mad.

Well, today, I slipped on a cold greasy patch and totaled those too - so good excuse to get some advise on what to buy next. I'd be interested to hear from any fellow skinny armed chaps or chapeses. Cheers!
Unfortunately most of the cycling wear is designed to fat coach potatos with shopping power. There are few Italian companies you might want to try like Sportful, Castelli, Nalini and Giordana whose sizing and fit is actually made for cyclist.

Edit: you seem to be from UK so unless you have a good local shop you might want to check probikekit.com. They have steal prices for warmers (~£10 for Nalini arms) and even the sizing on the site is very odd they were very helpful in giving additional measurements when I asked in a mail.

hi all - thanks for all your advice! I went for the following pearl izumi's

Bright yellow as my club (The Exeter Wheelers) have bright yellow and black kit.

I sent them my measurements to confirm they'll fit. I have an upper arm diameter of a twee 10.5" - I'll let you know how well they fit or if Parker advice another product.