Armadillo Hill Country Classic: Texas Hill Country riding

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Rb, May 5, 2003.

  1. Rb

    Rb Guest

    This is the last posting I'll make on this subject... Members of Austin Cycling Association are in
    the last days of planning for this ride and it's shaping up nicely.
    Liberty Hill, about 30 miles northwest of Austin. Ride through broad valleys, sweeping vistas, and
    gently rolling hills! The ride takes you through the beautiful Hill Country of central Texas during
    the spring flowering season. I've ridden in this area many times and it is indeed pretty. This
    year's tour offers rides of 14, 28, 42, 51, 62, 80, and 100 miles, with sag support and rest stops.
    For overachievers, there's a 120-mile option.

    New for 2003, the Armadillo Hill Country Tour will include a special Kids & Family Ride Option of
    6.5 miles starting in the bike-friendly town of Bertram, TX a few miles down the road from offical
    starting point for the Classic edition of this popular ride.

    For more information, visit http://www.austincycling.org/2003_ahcc/index.html

    Tags:

  2. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    RB: FYI- The folks in Temple, Belton, Ft. Hood have been informed. The ride was discussed at our
    club meeting last night.

    Thanks, John