Armed & Bent

S&W did make a batch of Mod12s for the French police that had a safety on the right side. It looks
like a cylinder release. I've never seen a Mod 19 with this feature, although they do have an
adjustable trigger stop that if adjusted too far out will prevent it from being fired. BTW the new
S&Ws have a key lock system, it is a small hole above the cylinder release. "Mike O'Brien"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:UBSaa.25457$eG2.3444@sccrnsc03...
> "YourBuddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Exactly what .357 revolver did you have which was equipped with a
safety?
> > You're making this up. I assume the imaginary firearm in question was a revolver, because it's
> > impossible to play Russian Roulette with a
> semi-auto.
> > Your story is a lie. Try again.
>
> I had a S&W Model 19 .357 and it had a safety.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike O'Brien
>
> Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
> IDs...
>

> ---

"YourBuddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I destroyed the .357 after I walked in on my daughter and one of her girlfriends playing Russian
> > Roullete with it. When I took it away I poitned out that if the Safety had not been
on...one
> > of them would have been dead.
>
> Exactly what .357 revolver did you have which was equipped with a safety? You're making this up. I
> assume the imaginary firearm in question was a revolver, because it's impossible to play Russian
> Roulette with a
semi-auto.
> Your story is a lie. Try again.

I don't think you'd say that to Joshua's face. And there ARE some revolvers made nowadays with a a
key-locking device on the hammer mechanism that could be called a "safety" by laymen even though
that is a technically incorrect term. If memory serves (unlikely at my advanced age) this option is
offered by Taurus and perhaps by Smith and Wesson. You are correct about Russian Roulette with a
semi-auto, but you're both half-wrong about the presence of a "safety" on a revolver.

I would add my two shillings' worth: the only true "safety" exists between the ears of the adult
responsible for the firearm.

Making this up? Gee maybe I was, my .357 was a L-Frame, 6 inch barrel with a "Safety" Lever on the
Left side. It also had a Barrel Pin (bought that for added safety). It was not made in the U.S.A., I
found this out when I called the distributor in the U.S., but I was not aware of that when I bought
it (I just assumed it was). Sorry I don't have it any longer, otherwise I'd send you the serial #
and you can see if I'm lying or NOT.
----------------
"YourBuddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I destroyed the .357 after I walked in on my daughter and one of her girlfriends playing Russian
> > Roullete with it. When I took it away I poitned out that if the Safety had not been
on...one
> > of them would have been dead.
>
> Exactly what .357 revolver did you have which was equipped with a safety? You're making this up. I
> assume the imaginary firearm in question was a revolver, because it's impossible to play Russian
> Roulette with a
semi-auto.

[email protected] (GeoB) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [...]
> think maybe it would help to be respected. They wouldn't do that to a Dump Truck. Maybe if I had
> explosive charges on the end of sticks pointing out everywhere on my bike, painted red or
> sumthin, if they slammed into me or cut me off too close the shaped charge would... oh, you get
> the idea. This is when I am shaking with adrinaline after being almost killed, and the perp
> calmly drives off.
>
> > I have thought the best weapon against cars is something that fries the cars electrical system.
>
> I think this would be great if it existed. These and similar subsequent posts suggesting this are
> much more balanced than my tongue-in-cheek incendary or explosive device ideas.
>
> I am not an expert in this area, though I have a BS in micro electronics. I feel that the
> suggestion to use a 'lightning' device would not work. The 'powerful RFI pulse' device might, I
> don't know, but be aware that car electronics are shielded and ruggedized.
>
> I have always dreamed of a ray gun that would simply weld all metal parts together. They quit
> rolling (suddenly), the doors won't open, the engine is a boat anchor.. the only problem (besides
> technical) is that I want them to KNOW they messed with me and I got em back. Childish, yeah. Like
> the time I was driving at the speed limit up a hill, with some impatient drivers behind me. One
> pulled around me, cursing and flipping me off, breaking the speed limit and passing across a
> double yellow. A cop saw it all and pulled him over farther up the hill. When I cruised past I
> honked, they looked, and I gave a cheery wave.
>
> But another idea I like: Every driver has a small plastic laser gun. You point it at an offender
> and press the stud, and the Giant Traffic Computer (GTC) notes that car xyz has been accused of
> such-and-such. If the offense is bad enough, and/or enough people 'tag' them in a short while, the
> GTC remotely wrestles control from the driver, disables the engine and parks the car at the
> roadside. The Police Cruiser picks up the offender. It is also possible to indicate the you choose
> to prefer charges against the perp, in more serious cases. Somebody who is habitually discourteous
> and gets tagged a lot can expect to be invited to an 'attitude adjustment' class. When tagged, the
> car's computer stores the current info, speed, throttle setting, acceleration vectors (weaving?
> braking?) and is queried by the GTC. A reckless speeder would be caught.
>
> > Another idea I had is to somehow get a hold of the offending motorists insurance company to let
> > them know what kind of drivers they insure.
>
> I like this idea a lot. Maybe an innovative insurance company would require its drivers to have a
> "How's my driving?" bumper sticker, with a car ID prominently displayed. Sure, maybe there would
> be false alarms but they should be fairly evenly distributed among covered drivers I'd think, and

How about a handfull of tire spikeswith dispenser :-* DP BIKE-e CT