Armstong Photos?

B. Lafferty

Guest
Does anyone have links to photos of Armstrong from training camp in which he is not bundled in
layers on the bike or sitting behind a table?

Robert Chung wrote:

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> Does anyone have links to photos of Armstrong from training camp in which he is not bundled in
>> layers on the bike or sitting behind a table?
>
> Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?

http://www.whoa.org/charities/BooksfortheBarrios/prints/LanceArmstrong1mr.jpg

Whoa! Where did that picture come from? If it's a fake, it's a pretty darn good one. Did Armstrong
really decide to pose like Cipo? I'm sure I would have heard of it before. Hats off to whoever
created it!

--Noel

Noel Llopis wrote:

> Robert Chung wrote:
>

>>B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone have links to photos of Armstrong from training camp in which he is not bundled in
>>>layers on the bike or sitting behind a table?
>>
>>Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?
>>

> http://www.whoa.org/charities/BooksfortheBarrios/prints/LanceArmstrong1mr.jpg
>
> Whoa! Where did that picture come from? If it's a fake, it's a pretty darn good one. Did Armstrong
> really decide to pose like Cipo? I'm sure I would have heard of it before. Hats off to whoever
> created it!
>

> --Noel

It's been a poster, actually, but without the rain drops. Saw one on eBay last year.

Must have been laundry day...

"Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:bv25h0> >

http://www.whoa.org/charities/BooksfortheBarrios/prints/LanceArmstrong1mr.jpg

> > Whoa! Where did that picture come from? If it's a fake, it's a pretty
darn
> > good one. Did Armstrong really decide to pose like Cipo? I'm sure I
would
> > have heard of it before. Hats off to whoever created it!
> >

> > --Noel
>
> It's been a poster, actually, but without the rain drops. Saw one on eBay last year.
>
> Must have been laundry day...

A print of this shot was given to the winner of a women's 1/2/3 field at a state championship crit
last season.

Sadly, I can't sprint...

B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone have links to photos of Armstrong from training camp in which he is not bundled in
> layers on the bike or sitting behind a table?

Brian, Your therapist called and said it's ok for you to leave that one 3x5" blank space on your
bedroom wall empty. She said to think of your Armstrong shrine as like a great beauty - not complete
without one minor flaw. I told her you were too obsessed to allow that, but she pointed out that
this is what the therapy is for, after all.

Noel Llopis <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<f
> Whoa! Where did that picture come from? If it's a fake, it's a pretty darn good one. Did Armstrong
> really decide to pose like Cipo? I'm sure I would have heard of it before. Hats off to whoever
> created it!
>

> --Noel

It's an Annie Leibowtz (sp?) pic, taken after the 99 tour for vanity fair, i think.

"Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Does anyone have links to photos of Armstrong from training camp in
which he
> > is not bundled in layers on the bike or sitting behind a table?
>
> Brian, Your therapist called and said it's ok for you to leave that one 3x5" blank space on your
> bedroom wall empty. She said to think of your Armstrong shrine as like a great beauty - not
> complete without one minor flaw. I told her you were too obsessed to allow that, but she pointed
> out that this is what the therapy is for, after all.

Just got back from meeting with her. We agreed that it would be appropriate to hang a poster of
Pantani there instead.

Benjamin Weiner <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<4014c112$1@darkstar>...
> B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Does anyone have links to photos of Armstrong from training camp in which he is not bundled in
> > layers on the bike or sitting behind a table?
>
> Brian, Your therapist called and said it's ok for you to leave that one 3x5" blank space on your
> bedroom wall empty. She said to think of your Armstrong shrine as like a great beauty - not
> complete without one minor flaw. I told her you were too obsessed to allow that, but she pointed
> out that this is what the therapy is for, after all.

Is it possible someone is looking fodder for a troll. For example, "Looks like Lance is .5
pounds heavier than last year at this time, so therefore, he's going to lose the Tour."
Something like that.

Tom

Is it the picture of Pantani with his ears "sticking out"?

Did she let you know what the ears "sticking out" meant in relation to your diagnosis?

Good luck.

> "Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:4014c112$1@darkstar...
> > B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Does anyone have links to photos of Armstrong from training camp in
> which he
> > > is not bundled in layers on the bike or sitting behind a table?
> >
> > Brian, Your therapist called and said it's ok for you to leave that one 3x5" blank space on your
> > bedroom wall empty. She said to think of your Armstrong shrine as like a great beauty - not
> > complete without one minor flaw. I told her you were too obsessed to allow that, but she pointed
> > out that this is what the therapy is for, after all.
> >

> Just got back from meeting with her. We agreed that it would be
appropriate
> to hang a poster of Pantani there instead.

Hardly fodder for a troll. Looking at the effects of Winter on the TdF contenders is cycling
newsworthy. Ullrich looks very good at this point. The photos of Armstrong are not clear. It could
be some pounds or just lots of clothing layers. I'd be curious to know his weight/fat % compared to
previous years.

news:[email protected]...

Tom Arsenault wrote:
> Is it possible someone is looking fodder for a troll. For example, "Looks like Lance is .5
> pounds heavier than last year at this time, so therefore, he's going to lose the Tour."
> Something like that.

Assume Lance can climb at 1700 m/hr, on avg. There are 21 cat 2 or better climbs. Assume these
average 600 meters climbing -- 12600 total meters. Assume bike+body+stuff weighs approx 170lb.
Assume climbing speed ~ 1/weight.

Time lost = 12600*0.5/170/1700 = 1min 18 seconds.

Further assume he stops to call Cheryl at the top of every climb. Assume he talks for 1 minute. 3
climbs end at the finish, so don't count.

Total time lose = 21 min 18 seconds.

It's over.

Anyone know the number of Krispy Kreme franchises on the route? This also needs to be factored in.

Dan

Dan Connelly wrote:
> Total time lose = 21 min 18 seconds.

Errr... that would be 19 min 18 seconds.

Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Dan Connelly wrote:
> > Total time lose = 21 min 18 seconds.
> >
> Errr... that would be 19 min 18 seconds.

Just wondering...

There are lots of you out there that claim to "hate" Lance, but yet you can't stop talking, or in
this case, writing about him. Why is that? Just wondering.

Tom