Armstrong a de la memoire

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Didier A. Depir, Apr 25, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  3. Bart

    Bart Guest

  4. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't trust a thing the French do!
    Especially the press "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Didier A. Depireux" a ecrit:
    > > > http://www.dhnet.be/dhsports/article.phtml?id=69026
    > >
    > > ENGLISH, PLEASE.
    > >

    > and moreover the Lance thanscript only says what I suggested with a BRAVO!!!!!! somewhere.... the
    > 90% rest of the article are what the journalist has bricolagé.

  5. Bosaci

    Bosaci Guest

    "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't trust a
    thing
    > the French do! Especially the press

    Who cares who or what you trust! If you don't speak or read three or more languages you aren't shit!

    That goes for Chung-san also.

  6. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    "bosaci" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...

    > "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't trust a
    > thing
    > > the French do! Especially the press
    >
    > Who cares who or what you trust! If you don't speak or read three or more languages you
    > aren't shit!
    >

    > That goes for Chung-san also.

    Thank you for that.... but I just spent a year in Canada and they speak a lot of French.. Still
    don't trust the French. I don't have to speak three languages! Why would that make me any better
    that you. With your comments I don't trust you either...but I'm sure that doesn't bother you...you
    don't bother me. No big deal, I'm still going to have fun and have nice day. Don't have chip on my
    shoulder... Have a nice day...

  7. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

  8. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    I only read and speak English. You're absolutely correct, I'm not shit. You are shit and so are
    the French.

    "bosaci" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...

    > "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't trust a
    > thing
    > > the French do! Especially the press
    >
    > Who cares who or what you trust! If you don't speak or read three or more languages you
    > aren't shit!
    >

    > That goes for Chung-san also.

  9. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:28:18 +0200, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Didier A. Depireux" a ecrit:
    >> http://www.dhnet.be/dhsports/article.phtml?id=69026
    >
    >ENGLISH, PLEASE.

    Hey Robert, since you ride in Vincennes, you must speak "some" French, no? By the way I'm back in
    France and will soon be located newr Vincennes, so maybe a little ride is in order!

    Guillaume

  10. MattC wrote:

    > I only read and speak English. You're absolutely correct, I'm not shit. You are shit and so are
    > the French.

    Merde.

  11. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:11:57 +0000 (UTC), "Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.dhnet.be/dhsports/article.phtml?id=69026 Armstrong on why he was marking Boogerd etc.
    >
    > Didier

    For thos who don't speak any French, this article explains why Armstrong didn't help Boogerd catch
    up with Vino in the AGR. Last year, Armstrong "allowed" Boogerd to win at La Plagne but then asked
    his team to help during the Bourg-en-Bress stage when the USP team was apparently feeling
    weak...(not that I remember that, but anyway). However, Dekker was on the attack and Boogerd didn't
    do anything to calm him down, hence Lance's "bitterness"

  12. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:24:20 -0700, "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't trust a thing the French do!
    >Especially the press

    When a site has a .be extension, it means its from BELGIUM, don't give Americans a bad name with
    youtr ignorance!

  13. On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:24:20 -0700, "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't trust a thing the French do!
    >Especially the press

    a bit OT but: Do you have more trust in the US press like Fox news or do you prefer that the press
    tells you what you want' to hear?

    Anders

  14. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:11:57 +0000 (UTC), "Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.dhnet.be/dhsports/article.phtml?id=69026 Armstrong on why he was marking Boogerd etc.
    > >
    > > Didier
    >
    > For thos who don't speak any French, this article explains why Armstrong didn't help Boogerd catch
    > up with Vino in the AGR. Last year, Armstrong "allowed" Boogerd to win at La Plagne but then asked
    > his team to help during the Bourg-en-Bress stage when the USP team was apparently feeling
    > weak...(not that I remember that, but anyway). However, Dekker was on the attack and Boogerd
    > didn't do anything to calm him down, hence Lance's "bitterness"

    The only quote in the article (Armstrong on Boogerd) should be pretty easy to work out, even for
    non-French speakers

    «Normal, c'est un favori, non? Et, en plus, il courait sur ses terres. C'était à Boogerd ou a un
    des deux coureurs Saeco (NdlR: Di Luca ou Astarloa) d'organiser la chasse derrière Vinokourov.»

    LA: "Usually he's a favourite, isn't he? And, in addition, he's riding on his home turf. It was up
    to Boogerd or one of the two Saeco riders [Di Luca or Astarloa] to organise the chase behind
    Vinokourov."

    The rest of the article has been covered by Bart in another thread.

    Jeff

  15. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Keith," ou peut-etre Guillame a écrit:

    > Robert Chung wrote:
    > >
    > >"Didier A. Depireux" a ecrit:
    > >> http://www.dhnet.be/dhsports/article.phtml?id=69026
    > >
    > >ENGLISH, PLEASE.
    >
    > Hey Robert, since you ride in Vincennes, you must speak "some" French, no? By the way I'm back in
    > France and will soon be located newr Vincennes, so maybe a little ride is in order!

    Oui, je parle un peu mais pas bien et avec un accent effroyable et effrayant tout le deux. Je peux
    comprendre mieux en particulier si l'on parle doucement. Hélas, à Paris personne ne parle doucement.
    Je habite à Paris dans le 12ème, pas loin du bois. Quand tu arrives envoies-moi un courrier à
    rechung (at) aol.com.

    Chung-san

  16. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > The only quote in the article (Armstrong on Boogerd) should be pretty easy to work out, even for
    > non-French speakers
    >
    > «Normal, c'est un favori, non? Et, en plus, il courait sur ses terres. C'était à Boogerd ou a un
    > des deux coureurs Saeco (NdlR: Di Luca ou Astarloa) d'organiser la chasse derrière Vinokourov.»
    >
    > LA: "Usually he's a favourite, isn't he? And, in addition, he's riding on his home turf. It was up
    > to Boogerd or one of the two Saeco riders [Di
    Luca
    > or Astarloa] to organise the chase behind Vinokourov."

    Or if you go to the actual source of the quote (LA on LA.com) you get it in the proper vernacular:

    Q: Knowing that Boogerd was a big pre-race fave, you marked him pretty handily at the race's end -
    any memories of 1999 there, or just the way things worked out?

    QA: Of course he is a favorite - home field advantage baby! He's a great rider that needed to be
    marked because the pressure on him is so big. Either he or one of the Saeco boys (since they had
    2 in the break) needed to chase down Vino...

    Jeff

  17. Me

    Me Guest

  18. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:11:57 +0000 (UTC), "Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.dhnet.be/dhsports/article.phtml?id=69026 Armstrong on why he was marking Boogerd etc.
    > >
    > > Didier
    >
    > For thos who don't speak any French, this article explains why Armstrong didn't help Boogerd catch
    > up with Vino in the AGR. Last year, Armstrong "allowed" Boogerd to win at La Plagne but then asked
    > his team to help during the Bourg-en-Bress stage when the USP team was apparently feeling
    > weak...(not that I remember that, but anyway). However, Dekker was on the attack and Boogerd
    > didn't do anything to calm him down, hence Lance's "bitterness"

    With your above statement, we are supposed to give you creditability??? Not

  19. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >> > Didier
    >>
    >> For thos who don't speak any French, this article explains why Armstrong didn't help Boogerd
    >> catch up with Vino in the AGR. Last year, Armstrong "allowed" Boogerd to win at La Plagne but
    >> then asked his team to help during the Bourg-en-Bress stage when the USP team was apparently
    >> feeling weak...(not that I remember that, but anyway). However, Dekker was on the attack and
    >> Boogerd didn't do anything to calm him down, hence Lance's "bitterness"
    >

    >With your above statement, we are supposed to give you creditability??? Not

    It's not a statement, it's a translation...

    Keith www.gpspassion.com All things GPS and PocketPC

  20. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Gotcha! Unfortunately I speak very fast in French too ;-) I'll be happy to get back on the Vincennes
    track after a 6 year gap ;-)

    Keith www.gpspassion.com All things GPS and PocketPC