Armstrong a de la memoire

"Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> It's not a statement, it's a translation...

?

The Lance quote and the translation have nothing to do with the given 'explanation.' When one thinks
the comment 'explains' Lance's behavior... that is a statement. yes.

"Anders H. Andersen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Do you have more trust in the US press like Fox news
Surely Fox is one of the Australian Murdoch's empire? Along with most of the **** press tabloids and
TV that pollute the english speaking world... Agur! Dan

In article <[email protected]>, "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "bosaci" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...
> >
> > "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't trust a
> > thing
> > > the French do! Especially the press
> >
> > Who cares who or what you trust! If you don't speak or read three or more languages you
> > aren't ****!
> >

> > That goes for Chung-san also.
> >
> Thank you for that.... but I just spent a year in Canada and they speak a lot of French.. Still
> don't trust the French. I don't have to speak three languages! Why would that make me any better
> that you. With your comments I don't trust you either...but I'm sure that doesn't bother you...you
> don't bother me. No big deal, I'm still going to have fun and have nice day. Don't have chip on my
> shoulder... Have a nice day...

I hope you realize that the french speakers in canada SPEAK french, but they aren't FRENCH, as in
from france. They are no more french from france than are french speakers from New Caledonia or
Morocco. As for not trusting the french, that's another oddity I haven't yet figured out.

A couple of furriners riding bikes in Paris?

BTW, I really like Vencennes area. Get over to see the Lion fountain in the Place de la Guerre(?) -
I stumbled across that and although it wasn't mentioned in any of the tourist guides I had to be
chased out of the middle of the street standing there open mouthed looking at it. Magnificient.

"Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:28:18 +0200, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Didier A. Depireux" a ecrit:
> >> http://www.dhnet.be/dhsports/article.phtml?id=69026
> >
> >ENGLISH, PLEASE.
>
> Hey Robert, since you ride in Vincennes, you must speak "some"
French,
> no? By the way I'm back in France and will soon be located newr Vincennes, so maybe a little ride
> is in order!
>
> Guillaume

Are you suggesting the the French speak more than one language as a rule?

"bosaci" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...

> "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't
trust a
> thing
> > the French do! Especially the press
>
> Who cares who or what you trust! If you don't speak or read three or
more
> languages you aren't ****!
>

> That goes for Chung-san also.

"Dan Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Anders H. Andersen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Do you have more trust in the US press like Fox news
> Surely Fox is one of the Australian Murdoch's empire? Along with
most of the
> **** press tabloids and TV that pollute the english speaking
world...

Nevertheless, news coverage by Fox has been a lot more even-handed than CNN or the rest of the big
three who have admitted to reporting only the propaganda that Saddam allowed them to.

I am getting a good laugh about this. Anyone that believes that the French public has anything to do
with what their snooty aristocratic politicians are doing and saying please raise your hands.

In the French countryside I only met charming, interesting and intelligent Frenchmen and women. In
Paris the street sweepers were as nice as anyone you could find in the USA. Shopkeepers were more
patient with people than they are in San Francisco.

Let the political situation do whatever it wants. A man on a bicycle is the same guy if he French or
American. Except a Frenchman stands a hell of a lot less chance of winning the Tour. :)

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> MattC wrote:
>
> > I only read and speak English. You're absolutely correct, I'm not ****. You are **** and so are
> > the French.
>
> Merde.

I assume you understand French since you've got a .be extension, but again, I was just translating
the quote AND the comment that explains that the quoted answer was maybe NOT the whole story...

___________________
Keith www.gpspassion.com All things GPS and PocketPC

>A couple of furriners riding bikes in Paris?
>
>BTW, I really like Vencennes area

Nice place but that woule de "Vincennes" where there's a nice cycling circuit where the local
amateur champs fight it out.

>. Get over to see the Lion fountain in the Place de la Guerre(?)

Place Daumesnil (or rather Felix Eboué) is nearby and does indeed have a lion!

> - I stumbled across that and although it wasn't mentioned in any of the tourist guides I had to be
> chased out of the middle of the street standing there open mouthed looking at it. Magnificient.

That's Paris my friend! After spending 5 years in San Francisco these little "thngs" make me glad
to be back!
___________________

CuCycln wrote:
> I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't trust a thing the French do!
> Especially the press

Mrs Premise: It's a funny thing freedom. I mean how can any of us be really free when we still have
personal possessions.

Mrs Conclusion: You can't. You can't ' I mean, how can I go off and join Frelimo when I've got nine
more instalments to pay on the fridge.

Mrs Premise: No, you can't. You can't. Well this is the whole crux of Jean-Paul Sartre's 'Roads
to Freedom'.

Mrs Conclusion: No, it bloody isn't. The nub of that is, his characters stand for all of us in their
desire to avoid action. Mind you, the man at the off-licence says it's an everyday story of French
country folk.

Mrs Premise: What does he know?

Mrs Conclusion: Nothing.

Mrs Premise: Sixty new pence for a bottle of Maltese Claret. Well I personally think Jean-Paul's
masterwork is an allegory of man's search for commitment.

Mrs Conclusion: No it isn't.

Mrs Premise: Yes it is.

Mrs Conclusion: Isn't.

Mrs Premise: 'Tis.

Mrs Conclusion: No it isn't.

Mrs Premise: All right. We can soon settle this. We'll ask him.

Mrs Conclusion: Do you know him?

Mrs Premise: Yes, we met on holiday last year.

CuCycln <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'd like in English, I know he gave it in English and I don't trust a thing the French do!
> Especially the press

Thankfully for you, La Derniere Heure is a belgian newspaper (as hinted at by the .be in the
address), so you can trust it.

Didier

--
Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)

Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

> I assume you understand French since you've got a .be extension, but again

.be doesn't say anything about the language he can speak or read... Since .be stands for Belgium and
there are three official languages Dutch, French and German in that country.

--
Dolfy -Webstek : http://dolfy.50megs.com -"That's OK, it's just a burden always being right." -(John
Crichton - Farscape)

bosaci <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > I assume you understand French since you've got a .be extension, but again
> >
> > .be doesn't say anything about the language he can speak or read... Since .be stands for Belgium
> > and there are three official languages Dutch, French and German in that country.
>
> The official USA language is Ebonics?

Is no language, but a Dialect. http://www.cal.org/ebonics/ebcal.html

In Belgium they speak a dialect called Vlaams or Flemmish, It's a dialect of Dutch. Still Dutch is
the official language and not Flemmish because that is not a Language.