Armstrong accused Spanish riders of doping in 2003

Trg

Guest
This ought to get Mayo's attention-
http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-367862,0.html

According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at
ASO, in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed
by the performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003
Dauphine Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to alert
them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain
of his rivals."

The author of the article, like he's done in the past is
trying to stir up a story As he's often done in other
stories, this particular writer put Armstrong in the middle
of a doping story where he's only peripherally involved.
And Daniel Baal has a bone to pick with ASO since he was
passed over for the number 1 spot when LeBlanc steps down,
plus he wants to sell his book that's released 1 month
before the tour. But still, it should get a reaction from
Mayo, I'd guess, who is not shy about giving his opinion
about anything.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-
> 367862,0.html
>
> According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at ASO,
> in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed by the
> performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003 Dauphine
> Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to
alert
> them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain
> of his rivals."
>
> The author of the article, like he's done in the past is
> trying to stir up
> story As he's often done in other stories, this particular
> writer put Armstrong in the middle of a doping story where
> he's only peripherally involved. And Daniel Baal has a
> bone to pick with ASO since he was passed over for the
> number 1 spot when LeBlanc steps down, plus he wants to
> sell his book that's released 1 month before the tour. But
> still, it should get
> reaction from Mayo, I'd guess, who is not shy about giving
> his opinion
about
> anything.

Is bovine hemoglobin more effective than Actioveggan?

>Originally posted by Daniel Tamasaus
>
>should make for some interesting racing!

The drugs, or the article?

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-
> 367862,0.html

You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse Spanish
riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is true then
your reading comprehension SUCKS.

So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
stir up ****?

> According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at ASO,
> in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed by the
> performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003 Dauphine
> Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to alert them to
> the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain of his
> rivals."
>
> The author of the article, like he's done in the past is
> trying to stir up a story As he's often done in other
> stories, this particular writer put Armstrong in the
> middle of a doping story where he's only peripherally
> involved...

-Ken P.

"K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-
> > 367862,0.html
>
> You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse Spanish
> riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is true then
> your reading comprehension SUCKS.
>
> So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
> stir up ****?

Wow Ken, you haven't changed a bit.

Good luck.

>> According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at
>> ASO, in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed
>> by the performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003
>> Dauphine Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to
>alert
>> them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain
>> of his rivals."

>> reaction from Mayo, I'd guess, who is not shy about
>> giving his opinion
>about
>> anything.
>
> Is bovine hemoglobin more effective than Actioveggan?

Maybe not since it hasn't been banned yet...

>> You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse
>> Spanish riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is
>> true then your reading comprehension SUCKS.
>>
>> So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
>> stir up ****?
>>
>Wow Ken, you haven't changed a bit.

Especially since the original poster is absolutely right,
Armstrong basically turned in his Spanish friends like
French "collabos" did during WWII...that guy really has no
class and it's a bit rich coming from a guy who thinks
Ferrari is da ****!

"Kyle Legate" wrote...

> Wow Ken, you haven't changed a bit.

At last, something we can agree on!

K. J. Papai wrote:
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-
>> 367862,0.html
>
> You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse Spanish
> riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is true then
> your reading comprehension SUCKS.
>
> So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
> stir up ****?
>
>> According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at
>> ASO, in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed
>> by the performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003
>> Dauphine Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to alert
>> them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain
>> of his rivals."
>>
>> The author of the article, like he's done in the past is
>> trying to stir up a story As he's often done in other
>> stories, this particular writer put Armstrong in the
>> middle of a doping story where he's only peripherally
>> involved...
>
> -Ken P.

Did you read the article? Do you read French? There's
nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. The article
was false.

Baal and US Postal issued disclaimers yesterday about the
content of the article saying that CONTRARY TO WHAT WAS
STATED IN THE ARTICLE, Lance's denounciation was general in
nature and not directed at certain Spanish riders.

I made it the subject because it was a main point of the
article (in fact the headline).

I agree with you about the author's bias and record of
putting Armstrong in the middle of any doping story. But up
until now, he hasn't outright made up stuff and put it in
the headline.

Now go away.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> K. J. Papai wrote:
> > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >> This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-
> >> 367862,0.html
> >
> > You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse
> > Spanish riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is
> > true then your reading comprehension SUCKS.
> >
> > So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
> > stir up ****?
> >
> >> According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at
> >> ASO, in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed
> >> by the performance of certain Spanish riders in the
> >> 2003 Dauphine Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO
> >> to alert them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin
> >> by certain of his rivals."
> >>
> >> The author of the article, like he's done in the past
> >> is trying to stir up a story As he's often done in
> >> other stories, this particular writer put Armstrong in
> >> the middle of a doping story where he's only
> >> peripherally involved...
> >
> > -Ken P.
>
> Did you read the article? Do you read French? There's
> nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. The article
> was false.
>
> Baal and US Postal issued disclaimers yesterday about the
> content of the article saying that CONTRARY TO WHAT WAS
> STATED IN THE ARTICLE, Lance's denounciation was general
> in nature and not directed at certain Spanish riders.
>
> I made it the subject because it was a main point of the
> article (in fact the headline).
>
> I agree with you about the author's bias and record of
> putting Armstrong in the middle of any doping story. But
> up until now, he hasn't outright made up stuff and put it
> in the headline.

I'll go away when you quit making up **** in Subject
Headings. What does "trg" stand for?

-Ken

K. J. Papai wrote:

> I'll go away when you quit making up **** in Subject
> Headings.

I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the claim
made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out that he
himself suspected the author was trying to stir things up.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> K. J. Papai wrote:
> >
> > I'll go away when you quit making up **** in Subject
> > Headings.
>
> I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the
> claim made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out
> that he himself suspected the author was trying to stir
> things up.

I think it was implied by the author that the email was
critical of Spanish riders given that Mayo had just given
Armstrong a hard time on the road. Or is that an implication
drawn from the email by the author of the article? Very
confusing........

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:47:15 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
>I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the
>claim made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out
>that he himself suspected the author was trying to stir
>things up.

Yes, the post itself was clear enough. Maybe the subject
needed quotes.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the
>> claim made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out
>> that he himself suspected the author was trying to stir
>> things up.
>
> I think it was implied by the author that the email was
> critical of Spanish riders given that Mayo had just given
> Armstrong a hard time on the road. Or is that an
> implication drawn from the email by the author of the
> article? Very confusing........

Here's my translation of the leading paragraph of the
article:

"A year ago Lance Armstrong was impressed by the performance
of some Spanish riders during the Dauphine Libere. So
impressed that he sent the UCI and the ASO an e-mail a few
days before the start of the Tour de France to alert them to
the possible use by some of his rivals of a synthetic
hemoglobin derived from bovine blood."

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:47:15 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
>> I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the
>> claim made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out
>> that he himself suspected the author was trying to stir
>> things up.
>
> Yes, the post itself was clear enough. Maybe the subject
> needed quotes.

He (trg) could have used the word "allegedly." I'm sorta
glad he didn't.