Armstrong accused Spanish riders of doping in 2003

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Trg, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Trg

    Trg Guest

    This ought to get Mayo's attention-
    http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,[email protected],36-367862,0.html

    According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at
    ASO, in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed
    by the performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003
    Dauphine Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to alert
    them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain
    of his rivals."

    The author of the article, like he's done in the past is
    trying to stir up a story As he's often done in other
    stories, this particular writer put Armstrong in the middle
    of a doping story where he's only peripherally involved.
    And Daniel Baal has a bone to pick with ASO since he was
    passed over for the number 1 spot when LeBlanc steps down,
    plus he wants to sell his book that's released 1 month
    before the tour. But still, it should get a reaction from
    Mayo, I'd guess, who is not shy about giving his opinion
    about anything.

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,[email protected],36-
    > 367862,0.html
    >
    > According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at ASO,
    > in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed by the
    > performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003 Dauphine
    > Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to
    alert
    > them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain
    > of his rivals."
    >
    > The author of the article, like he's done in the past is
    > trying to stir up
    > story As he's often done in other stories, this particular
    > writer put Armstrong in the middle of a doping story where
    > he's only peripherally involved. And Daniel Baal has a
    > bone to pick with ASO since he was passed over for the
    > number 1 spot when LeBlanc steps down, plus he wants to
    > sell his book that's released 1 month before the tour. But
    > still, it should get
    > reaction from Mayo, I'd guess, who is not shy about giving
    > his opinion
    about
    > anything.

    Is bovine hemoglobin more effective than Actioveggan?

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  4. Trg

    Trg Guest

  5. leif_ericson

    leif_ericson New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2003
    >Originally posted by Daniel Tamasaus
    >
    >should make for some interesting racing!

    The drugs, or the article?

  6. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,[email protected],36-
    > 367862,0.html

    You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse Spanish
    riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is true then
    your reading comprehension SUCKS.

    So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
    stir up shit?

    > According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at ASO,
    > in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed by the
    > performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003 Dauphine
    > Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to alert them to
    > the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain of his
    > rivals."
    >
    > The author of the article, like he's done in the past is
    > trying to stir up a story As he's often done in other
    > stories, this particular writer put Armstrong in the
    > middle of a doping story where he's only peripherally
    > involved...

    -Ken P.

  7. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    "K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,[email protected],36-
    > > 367862,0.html
    >
    > You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse Spanish
    > riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is true then
    > your reading comprehension SUCKS.
    >
    > So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
    > stir up shit?

    Wow Ken, you haven't changed a bit.

    Good luck.

  8. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >> According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at
    >> ASO, in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed
    >> by the performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003
    >> Dauphine Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to
    >alert
    >> them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain
    >> of his rivals."

    >> reaction from Mayo, I'd guess, who is not shy about
    >> giving his opinion
    >about
    >> anything.
    >
    > Is bovine hemoglobin more effective than Actioveggan?

    Maybe not since it hasn't been banned yet...

  9. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >> You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse
    >> Spanish riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is
    >> true then your reading comprehension SUCKS.
    >>
    >> So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
    >> stir up shit?
    >>
    >Wow Ken, you haven't changed a bit.

    Especially since the original poster is absolutely right,
    Armstrong basically turned in his Spanish friends like
    French "collabos" did during WWII...that guy really has no
    class and it's a bit rich coming from a guy who thinks
    Ferrari is da shit!

  10. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Kyle Legate" wrote...

    > Wow Ken, you haven't changed a bit.

    At last, something we can agree on!

  11. Trg

    Trg Guest

    K. J. Papai wrote:
    > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,[email protected],36-
    >> 367862,0.html
    >
    > You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse Spanish
    > riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is true then
    > your reading comprehension SUCKS.
    >
    > So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
    > stir up shit?
    >
    >> According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at
    >> ASO, in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed
    >> by the performance of certain Spanish riders in the 2003
    >> Dauphine Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO to alert
    >> them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin by certain
    >> of his rivals."
    >>
    >> The author of the article, like he's done in the past is
    >> trying to stir up a story As he's often done in other
    >> stories, this particular writer put Armstrong in the
    >> middle of a doping story where he's only peripherally
    >> involved...
    >
    > -Ken P.

    Did you read the article? Do you read French? There's
    nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. The article
    was false.

    Baal and US Postal issued disclaimers yesterday about the
    content of the article saying that CONTRARY TO WHAT WAS
    STATED IN THE ARTICLE, Lance's denounciation was general in
    nature and not directed at certain Spanish riders.

    I made it the subject because it was a main point of the
    article (in fact the headline).

    I agree with you about the author's bias and record of
    putting Armstrong in the middle of any doping story. But up
    until now, he hasn't outright made up stuff and put it in
    the headline.

    Now go away.

  12. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > K. J. Papai wrote:
    > > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> This ought to get Mayo's attention- http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,[email protected],36-
    > >> 367862,0.html
    > >
    > > You are definitely wrong. Armstrong did not accuse
    > > Spanish riders of doping in 2003. If you think that is
    > > true then your reading comprehension SUCKS.
    > >
    > > So why make it the SUBJECT heading of your post? Just to
    > > stir up shit?
    > >
    > >> According to LeMonde, Daniel Baal, former number 2 at
    > >> ASO, in his new book writes that a year ago, "impressed
    > >> by the performance of certain Spanish riders in the
    > >> 2003 Dauphine Libere sent an email to the UCI and ASO
    > >> to alert them to the possible use of bovine haemoglobin
    > >> by certain of his rivals."
    > >>
    > >> The author of the article, like he's done in the past
    > >> is trying to stir up a story As he's often done in
    > >> other stories, this particular writer put Armstrong in
    > >> the middle of a doping story where he's only
    > >> peripherally involved...
    > >
    > > -Ken P.
    >
    > Did you read the article? Do you read French? There's
    > nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. The article
    > was false.
    >
    > Baal and US Postal issued disclaimers yesterday about the
    > content of the article saying that CONTRARY TO WHAT WAS
    > STATED IN THE ARTICLE, Lance's denounciation was general
    > in nature and not directed at certain Spanish riders.
    >
    > I made it the subject because it was a main point of the
    > article (in fact the headline).
    >
    > I agree with you about the author's bias and record of
    > putting Armstrong in the middle of any doping story. But
    > up until now, he hasn't outright made up stuff and put it
    > in the headline.

    I'll go away when you quit making up shit in Subject
    Headings. What does "trg" stand for?

    -Ken

  13. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    K. J. Papai wrote:

    > I'll go away when you quit making up shit in Subject
    > Headings.

    I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the claim
    made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out that he
    himself suspected the author was trying to stir things up.

  14. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > K. J. Papai wrote:
    > >
    > > I'll go away when you quit making up shit in Subject
    > > Headings.
    >
    > I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the
    > claim made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out
    > that he himself suspected the author was trying to stir
    > things up.

    I think it was implied by the author that the email was
    critical of Spanish riders given that Mayo had just given
    Armstrong a hard time on the road. Or is that an implication
    drawn from the email by the author of the article? Very
    confusing........

  15. On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:47:15 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    >I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the
    >claim made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out
    >that he himself suspected the author was trying to stir
    >things up.

    Yes, the post itself was clear enough. Maybe the subject
    needed quotes.

  16. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the
    >> claim made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out
    >> that he himself suspected the author was trying to stir
    >> things up.
    >
    > I think it was implied by the author that the email was
    > critical of Spanish riders given that Mayo had just given
    > Armstrong a hard time on the road. Or is that an
    > implication drawn from the email by the author of the
    > article? Very confusing........

    Here's my translation of the leading paragraph of the
    article:

    "A year ago Lance Armstrong was impressed by the performance
    of some Spanish riders during the Dauphine Libere. So
    impressed that he sent the UCI and the ASO an e-mail a few
    days before the start of the Tour de France to alert them to
    the possible use by some of his rivals of a synthetic
    hemoglobin derived from bovine blood."

  17. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:47:15 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    >> I think trg's subject heading accurately portrayed the
    >> claim made in the article. Note that trg also pointed out
    >> that he himself suspected the author was trying to stir
    >> things up.
    >
    > Yes, the post itself was clear enough. Maybe the subject
    > needed quotes.

    He (trg) could have used the word "allegedly." I'm sorta
    glad he didn't.