Armstrong Alleged Doping -- LA Times Article

On 9 Jul 2006 07:18:23 -0700, "DC1999" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Here's the link to an LA Times article today about Armstrong's alleged
>"doping" ...

<snip>

>Dave

Todays media when faced with the option of favoring America or other
countries they will typically favor other countries. When faced with
the fact that an American, or America, has done well (or was right in
its actions), the media will spend much time weaving stories about the
technique or intentions are flawed, or illegal.

Fish-Wrappers.

Rich Clark wrote:
> There is nothing new here. Just a compilation of unsubstantiated or
> previously refuted allegations from suspect European sources or former
> Armstrong associates with axes to grind and the taste of sour grapes in
> their mouths.

Interesting that they save the most relevant piece of information for
the last paragraph.

Armstrong won the arbitration hearing and was paid $5 million.

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 15:20:35 -0400, "Rich Clark"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"DC1999" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Here's the link to an LA Times article today about Armstrong's alleged
>> "doping" ...
>>
>> http://www.latimes.com/sports/cycling/la-sp-armstrong9jul09,0,5275381.story?coll=la-home-headlines

>There is nothing new here. Just a compilation of unsubstantiated or
>previously refuted allegations from suspect European sources or former
>Armstrong associates with axes to grind and the taste of sour grapes in
>their mouths.
>
>RichC

This, I think, is instructive:

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10091.0.html

On 9 Jul 2006 13:11:18 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Rich Clark wrote:
>> There is nothing new here. Just a compilation of unsubstantiated or
>> previously refuted allegations from suspect European sources or former
>> Armstrong associates with axes to grind and the taste of sour grapes in
>> their mouths.

>Interesting that they save the most relevant piece of information for
>the last paragraph.
>
>Armstrong won the arbitration hearing and was paid $5 million.

--Plus interest and his attorney fees, total: $7.5 million.

[email protected] wrote in news:1152475878.467165.180490
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Rich Clark wrote:
>> There is nothing new here. Just a compilation of unsubstantiated or
>> previously refuted allegations from suspect European sources or former
>> Armstrong associates with axes to grind and the taste of sour grapes in
>> their mouths.

> Interesting that they save the most relevant piece of information for
> the last paragraph.
>
> Armstrong won the arbitration hearing and was paid $5 million.

Kinda sad that reporters seem to be all the failed Liberal Arties who
couldn't get into Law School...

My personal opinion is that Armstrong is being grossly unfairly
attacked by people with really bad axes to grind (probably the losing
attorneys/parties in the Texas arbitration) and his/America's enemies
in France and elsewhere. The USA has twice bailed France out of deep
doo-doo in the last century (at considerable cost in American lives),
and many left-wingers from there can't forgive us for it. Then when a
superior athlete comes along and defeats the best the Frogs can put up
-- many times running -- the same people find any excuse to try to
destroy the better man.

While technically Armstrong did not "win" the Texas Arbitration -- it
was a settlement -- in my business (litigation) no one pays that kind
of money if they don't expect to lose big-time.

And, yes, at another time I'd refer to the LA Times as a real
commie-pinko-liberal rag. I'm not sure why I still read it. The
article was nothing but a re-hash of prior reports all dressed up as an
"investigative report." And that's just trash.

Dave C

wvantwiller wrote:
> [email protected] wrote in news:1152475878.467165.180490
> @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Rich Clark wrote:
> >> There is nothing new here. Just a compilation of unsubstantiated or
> >> previously refuted allegations from suspect European sources or former
> >> Armstrong associates with axes to grind and the taste of sour grapes in
> >> their mouths.

> > Interesting that they save the most relevant piece of information for
> > the last paragraph.
> >
> > Armstrong won the arbitration hearing and was paid $5 million.
> >

> Kinda sad that reporters seem to be all the failed Liberal Arties who
> couldn't get into Law School...

Eddie Merkx used to "dominate" and yet that was before EPO and blood
doping. So why can't Armstrong "dominate" without EPO and blood doping?

Lance's ordeal with cancer caused him to loose a lot of weight and
rebuild his body. This allowed him to reveal his genitic superiority.
Just my theory.....

Some men are born with penises. Some women with big boobs. It ain't
fair but it is reality.

DC1999 wrote:
> Here's the link to an LA Times article today about Armstrong's alleged
> "doping" ...
>
> http://www.latimes.com/sports/cycling/la-sp-armstrong9jul09,0,5275381.story?coll=la-home-headlines
>
> Dave

news:[email protected]...
> Eddie Merkx used to "dominate" and yet that was before EPO and blood
> doping. So why can't Armstrong "dominate" without EPO and blood doping?
>
> Lance's ordeal with cancer caused him to loose a lot of weight and
> rebuild his body. This allowed him to reveal his genitic superiority.
> Just my theory.....
>
> Some men are born with penises. Some women with big boobs. It ain't
> fair but it is reality.

Curious. What are the other men born with?

Pat in TX wrote:
> news:[email protected]...
> > Eddie Merkx used to "dominate" and yet that was before EPO and blood
> > doping. So why can't Armstrong "dominate" without EPO and blood doping?
> >
> > Lance's ordeal with cancer caused him to loose a lot of weight and
> > rebuild his body. This allowed him to reveal his genitic superiority.
> > Just my theory.....
> >
> > Some men are born with penises. Some women with big boobs. It ain't
> > fair but it is reality.

> Curious. What are the other men born with?

Remember that line: "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford
it..."

>> > Some men are born with penises. Some women with big boobs. It ain't
>> > fair but it is reality.

>> Curious. What are the other men born with?

> Remember that line: "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford
> it..."

What? some men have to buy them? Where?

"Never Enough Money" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
<snip> Ouch!
> Some men are born with penises. Some women with big boobs. It ain't
> fair but it is reality.

Correction: MOST men are born with penises. Some women get big boobs as
they grow up - either "home grown" or "store bought"!

Reality is just a starting point!

Chas.

Rich Clark <[email protected]> wrote:

> "DC1999" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Here's the link to an LA Times article today about Armstrong's alleged
>> "doping" ...
>>
>> http://www.latimes.com/sports/cycling/la-sp-armstrong9jul09,0,5275381.story?coll=la-home-headlines

> There is nothing new here. Just a compilation of unsubstantiated or
> previously refuted allegations from suspect European sources or former
> Armstrong associates with axes to grind and the taste of sour grapes in
> their mouths.

Ah thank you. You saved me from having to post "Too long; didn't read"
and asking for a summary.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception."

>> Some men are born with penises. Some women with big boobs. It ain't
>> fair but it is reality.
>>

> Correction: MOST men are born with penises. Some women get big boobs as
> they grow up - either "home grown" or "store bought"!
>
> Reality is just a starting point!
>
> Chas.

Only "most" have penises? What do the rest have?

"Pat in TX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >> Some men are born with penises. Some women with big boobs. It ain't
> >> fair but it is reality.
> >>

> > Correction: MOST men are born with penises. Some women get big boobs

as
> > they grow up - either "home grown" or "store bought"!
> >
> > Reality is just a starting point!
> >
> > Chas.

> Only "most" have penises? What do the rest have?

A baby's arm holding an apple?

We musn't forget that it isn't one man doing the job of winning the
Tour de France. Sure, one man receives the credit crossing the finish
line, but where would Lance have been if it wasn't for a great team
paving his way to the finish? George Hincapie was his greatest asset.
Really, it just comes down to the fact that both the Postal Service
and Discovery team were what I would call a prodigy team. Basically
Lance only needed to, in the words that McEwan used for himself, "just
ride the train till he had to get off at his stop." I think that these
kinds of reasons are much more realistic than the blood-doping card.

Just my opinion.

Pat in TX wrote:
>>> Some men are born with penises. Some women with big boobs. It ain't
>>> fair but it is reality.
>>>

>> Correction: MOST men are born with penises. Some women get big boobs
>> as they grow up - either "home grown" or "store bought"!
>>
>> Reality is just a starting point!
>>
>> Chas.

> Only "most" have penises? What do the rest have?

Third leg?