Armstrong and Basso

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sierraman, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    I think it's possible that Armstrong could of done that yesterday. According
    to Phil and Paul, they said that Armstrong gave Basso the stage yesterday.
    All it took was a short acceleration from Armstrong to take the win from
    Basso today. Jan's face really told the story today. It's not over till it's
    over, but I think it's over.

    Tags:

  2. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I think it's possible that Armstrong could of done that yesterday.

    According
    > to Phil and Paul, they said that Armstrong gave Basso the stage yesterday.

    Bullshit. They never said that.

    > All it took was a short acceleration from Armstrong to take the win from
    > Basso today. Jan's face really told the story today. It's not over till

    it's
    > over, but I think it's over.

  3. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Sierraman" wrote...
    > I think it's possible that Armstrong could of done that yesterday.

    According
    > to Phil and Paul, they said that Armstrong gave Basso the stage yesterday.

    I think you got it backwards, S-man. Phil and Paul said they were not party
    to the idea that Lance gave Basso the stage.

    > All it took was a short acceleration from Armstrong to take the win from
    > Basso today.

    As lance didn't contest for the sprint yesterday, Basso didn't counter
    today.

  4. "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s03...

    > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I think it's possible that Armstrong could of done that yesterday.

    > According
    > > to Phil and Paul, they said that Armstrong gave Basso the stage

    yesterday.

    > Bullshit. They never said that.

    But Phil did today, then quickly corrected himself.

  5. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Sierraman" wrote...
    > > I think it's possible that Armstrong could of done that yesterday.

    > According
    > > to Phil and Paul, they said that Armstrong gave Basso the stage

    yesterday.

    > I think you got it backwards, S-man. Phil and Paul said they were not

    party
    > to the idea that Lance gave Basso the stage.

    Sometimes Phil and Paul say one thing and then another. I don't remember at
    what point they said that, but towards the middle or thereafter I think I
    remember that Phil said that Armstrong gave Basso that stage yesterday as
    Carl confirmed. If Phil quickly corrected that, then I missed that little
    part, maybe I was headed for the coffee pot.

    > > All it took was a short acceleration from Armstrong to take the win from
    > > Basso today.

    > As lance didn't contest for the sprint yesterday, Basso didn't counter
    > today.

  6. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s03...

    > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I think it's possible that Armstrong could of done that yesterday.

    > According
    > > to Phil and Paul, they said that Armstrong gave Basso the stage

    yesterday.

    > Bullshit. They never said that.

    Easy Ken, don't have a cow.

  7. Carl Sundquist wrote:

    > "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_s03...
    >
    >>"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>I think it's possible that Armstrong could of done that yesterday.

    >>According
    >>
    >>>to Phil and Paul, they said that Armstrong gave Basso the stage

    > yesterday.
    >
    >>Bullshit. They never said that.
    >>

    > But Phil did today, then quickly corrected himself.

    It's a conspiracy--was Phil on the grassy knoll?

    Steve

  8. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > All it took was a short acceleration from Armstrong to take the win from
    > Basso today.

    I think you've missed your calling. YOU should be over there coaching
    Lance! He'd win for sure!

    Rick
    Sorry, I don't know the emoticon for sarcasm.

  9. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I think it's possible that Armstrong could of done that yesterday.

    According
    > to Phil and Paul, they said that Armstrong gave Basso the stage yesterday.
    > All it took was a short acceleration from Armstrong to take the win from
    > Basso today. Jan's face really told the story today. It's not over till

    it's
    > over, but I think it's over.

    They *specifically stated* that they do not believe Lance gave it to Basso
    yesterday.

  10. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "Sierraman" wrote...
    > > > I think it's possible that Armstrong could of done that yesterday.

    > > According
    > > > to Phil and Paul, they said that Armstrong gave Basso the stage

    > yesterday.
    > >
    > > I think you got it backwards, S-man. Phil and Paul said they were not

    > party
    > > to the idea that Lance gave Basso the stage.

    > Sometimes Phil and Paul say one thing and then another. I don't remember

    at
    > what point they said that, but towards the middle or thereafter I think I
    > remember that Phil said that Armstrong gave Basso that stage yesterday as
    > Carl confirmed. If Phil quickly corrected that, then I missed that little
    > part, maybe I was headed for the coffee pot.
    > >
    > > > All it took was a short acceleration from Armstrong to take the win

    from
    > > > Basso today.

    > > As lance didn't contest for the sprint yesterday, Basso didn't counter
    > > today.

    Sometimes they are a bit ambiguous and then they clear up what they meant.
    Today they said specifically that they do not view the stage win of
    yesterday as a "gift". Basso was riding so much more smoothly than
    Armstrong.

  11. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Chris" wrote...

    > They *specifically stated* that they do not believe Lance gave it to Basso
    > yesterday.

    Maybe if enough of us say it someone will believe us.