Armstrong and Lemond

"Stupid Newbie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> David Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>> If you want a "nice guy" go over to the losers lounge and
>> hang out with Jan.

> LOL, I guess then to each his own. In 25 years:
>
> a) Lance will have the showcase of stuff to remind him of
> his 7 great TdF wins;
>
> b) Jan will still have friends.
>
> :)

Who was the rider who recently said that Armstrong's only friend in the
peloton is Basso?

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:13:08 +0000 (UTC), Stupid Newbie
<[email protected]> wrote:

>David Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>

>> If you want a "nice guy" go over to the losers lounge and
>> hang out with Jan.

>LOL, I guess then to each his own. In 25 years:
>
>a) Lance will have the showcase of stuff to remind him of
>his 7 great TdF wins;
>
>b) Jan will still have friends.
>
>:)

You've not been around elite atheletes much, have you?

On 2005-07-19, B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:

> (Oops, I deleted the refernce this was in response to, sorry.)

>> Results 1 - 10 of about 281 for +lemond +*****.
>>
>> Results 1 - 10 of about 1,300 for +lemond +"nice guy". (46 to 1: nice)
>>

>> Results 1 - 10 of about 27,400 for +armstrong +*****.
>>
>> Results 1 - 10 of about 48,100 for +armstrong +"nice guy". (~2 to 1: nice)

> Google results are meaningless in this regard. I was referring to people
> who know him well personally.
>
> FWIW, googling Armstrong Asshole comes up with 96,600; Lemond Asshole 886.
> FWIW :)

I think it's all those other Armstrongs that bring the average down,
at least for the ***** comparison.

Results 1 - 10 of about 116 for "greg lemond" "*****"
Results 1 - 10 of about 312 for "greg lemond" "nice guy"

(2.7 nice guy ratio)

Results 1 - 10 of about 937 for "lance armstrong" "*****"
Results 1 - 10 of about 7,170 for "lance armstrong" "nice guy".

(7.7 nice guy ratio)

Lance definitely wins the asshole competition, though:

Results 1 - 10 of about 446 for "greg lemond" "asshole"
Results 1 - 10 of about 13,100 for "lance armstrong" "asshole"

Although a lot of the quotes are of this format:

"AND WHAT DID YOU ADD TO THE DISCUSSION, ASSHOLE?"

These kind of games are fun, though. A guy in our research group
wrote a program to play Who Wants to Be a Millionaire by using
counts of Google search results, plus some other tricks. It
was pretty good, once you got past the common sense questions
from the $0-$1000 range.

-- Dan

--
Dan Cosley ([email protected] * http://www.cs.umn.edu/~cosley/)
GroupLens Research Lab, Univ of MN (http://movielens.umn.edu/ * 612.624.8372)

Results 1 - 10 of about 752 for b. lafferty dumbass

Results 1 - 10 of about 254 for b. lafferty *****

Results 1 - 10 of about 428 for b. lafferty "nice guy".

You decide.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:15:05 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Jack Hollis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:27:14 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Jack, go play lawyer someplace where there aren't any lawyers.

>> If you're a lawyer perhaps you should review PF evidence.

>I am and I have. As I said earlier, we'll just have to disagree on this
>one.

OK

On 19 Jul 2005 15:39:39 -0700, "Ron Ruff" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> He's worried about being
>forgotten, and the only way he can stay "in there" is by trying to get
>people to suspect Armstrong's legitimacy. It's pathetic.

These days, the media is only interested in sensationalism. You want
a book published, it better have something sensational in it. You
want the print and TV media to pay attention to you, you better say
something sensational.

GL got a lot more publicity by making accusations than he would have
gotten by not making them.

On 07/19/2005 09:13 AM, in article
[email protected], "B. Lafferty"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Then, as always, he could throw his stack of passed drug screenings
>> at them, and say, so there. I mean, how many tests does he have to
>> pass to consider him "clean"? Yeah, I know there are possibly ways
>> you can cheat the test, but in absence of evidence what do you have?
>> Nothing really, nothing at all.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Not exactly nothing. Ask the lawyer for the Texas insurance company that is
> refusing to pay Armstrong his bonus.

Now let's see ... The longer the lawyer helps keep the insurance company
from paying the bonus, the more money the lawyer makes ...

Yeah ... That's an objective source.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

"David Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Results 1 - 10 of about 752 for b. lafferty dumbass
>
> Results 1 - 10 of about 254 for b. lafferty *****
>
> Results 1 - 10 of about 428 for b. lafferty "nice guy".
>
> You decide.

Ferguson ***** 15,200
Ferguson Asshole 23,500
Ferguson Nice Guy 223,000 (includes Maynard Ferguson--a really nice guy)

On 07/19/2005 01:46 PM, in article
[email protected], "k.papai"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Pure genus Jim,

ge·nus P Pronunciation Key (jns)
n. pl. gen·er·a (jnr-)

Biology. A taxonomic category ranking below a family and above a species and
generally consisting of a group of species exhibiting similar
characteristics. In taxonomic nomenclature the genus name is used, either
alone or followed by a Latin adjective or epithet, to form the name of a
species. See table at taxonomy.

Logic. A class of objects divided into subordinate species having certain
common attributes.

A class, group, or kind with common attributes.

Obviously, Kenny isn't a member of genus genius. He might be a member of
genus kunichidiotus, though ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BF02F72C.23C0E%[email protected]...
> On 07/19/2005 09:13 AM, in article
> [email protected], "B. Lafferty"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Then, as always, he could throw his stack of passed drug screenings
>>> at them, and say, so there. I mean, how many tests does he have to
>>> pass to consider him "clean"? Yeah, I know there are possibly ways
>>> you can cheat the test, but in absence of evidence what do you have?
>>> Nothing really, nothing at all.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>

>> Not exactly nothing. Ask the lawyer for the Texas insurance company that
>> is
>> refusing to pay Armstrong his bonus.

> Now let's see ... The longer the lawyer helps keep the insurance company
> from paying the bonus, the more money the lawyer makes ...
>
> Yeah ... That's an objective source.

IIRC, this attorney is in house which means he's on salary.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:35:07 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"David Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>

>> Results 1 - 10 of about 752 for b. lafferty dumbass
>>
>> Results 1 - 10 of about 254 for b. lafferty *****
>>
>> Results 1 - 10 of about 428 for b. lafferty "nice guy".
>>
>> You decide.

>Ferguson ***** 15,200
>Ferguson Asshole 23,500
>Ferguson Nice Guy 223,000 (includes Maynard Ferguson--a really nice guy)

Yeah, but...

Results 1 - 10 of about 58 for "david ferguson" "nice guy".

I just have nice relatives.

They won't talk to me. The dumbasses.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Come on now - even when Greg was winning we ALL knew he was a whiny
> little baby. That didn't stop him from winning but let's face it - he
> never had to grow up and he plainly didn't.

What year did he claim his fitness suffered because he "caught a virus"
from his son Geoffrey?

Steve

--
Cut the nonsense to reply

You don't get it. It's not about Lemond. It's not about the
relationship between Lemond and Armstrong, either. And it's not about
me. It's about a guy [Armstrong] who is trying to build/repair his
legacy http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8618638/ but shows he is vindictive and
lacks grace and maturity when his guard is down. The Simeoni situation
last year is another example.

Unless the Playboy article took the conversation out of context, the
first reference to Lemond came out of Armstrong's mouth, so he
specifically chose to make the remarks about Lemond. If he naturally
had the class he pretends to have, he could have addressed Lemond's
claims in a much more dignified, credible manner. If Armstrong thinks
Lemond is a dirtbag for accusing him of doping, he brings himself down
to Lemond's level with his personal attacks on Lemond's BMI.

Armstrong certainly is an amazing talent as a bike racer, but a
gentleman he is not.

B. Lafferty wrote:

> It's going to be very interesting to see how Armstrong progresses in
> retirement. He'll no longer be on the bike generating the amount of
> publicity he does now which means people will be less likely to keep their
> mouths shut and grovel to make the dollar. Over the long haul, it's going to
> be Armstrong sticking his foot down his throat more and more. I got a call
> yesterday from a non-cycling friend who had seen the Playboy interview and
> his comment was that he never realized what a jerk Armstrong is. Priceless.

Dumbass -

You never did get out of the lame part of adolescence did you? Being
concerned about who's popular and who isn't.

Why care about that ****? They're just bike racers.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

In article <[email protected]>,
Stupid Newbie <[email protected]> wrote:

> David Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

> > If you want a "nice guy" go over to the losers lounge and
> > hang out with Jan.

> LOL, I guess then to each his own. In 25 years:
>
> a) Lance will have the showcase of stuff to remind him of
> his 7 great TdF wins;
>
> b) Jan will still have friends.
>
> :)

Armstrong has friends and he knows who they are.
They are not the people who left him for dead.

--
Michael Press

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> Obviously, Kenny isn't a member of genus genius. He might be a member of
> genus kunichidiotus, though ...

You can catch lots of infectious diseases on rbr.

"Robert Crim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:00:42 -0400, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> ARMSTRONG:: I'll be a fitness junkie forever, not out of shape like
> >> some guys. But I'm not naming names... achoo-lemond!

> >How old is Lance anyway... 12? What a *****. Great bike racer, great

cancer
> >survivor, but a *****.
> >

> Did you actually believe that was real?

That's what the article in Playboy says. So, yes, I believed it.

k.papai wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > You know quite well that not testing positive means nothing today. David
> > Miller never tested positive for the EPO he was using.

> "was he on Salvodelli's team?"
>
> (quotes for Steven)
>
> Pure genus Jim,
> Ken

Thanks, it takes penache.

Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote in news:jack-
[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Stupid Newbie <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> David Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>

>> > If you want a "nice guy" go over to the losers lounge and
>> > hang out with Jan.

>> LOL, I guess then to each his own. In 25 years:
>>
>> a) Lance will have the showcase of stuff to remind him of
>> his 7 great TdF wins;
>>
>> b) Jan will still have friends.
>>
>> :)

> Armstrong has friends and he knows who they are.
> They are not the people who left him for dead.

Yes, some of Armstrong's grudges are understandable--against
his former Cofidis team management, or Lemond. But some of
them seem just cases where he takes a remark or gesture out
of context to invented a 'slight' or insult, just for self-
motivation; a form of lying to oneself, or it seems to me.

David Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote in
news:eek:[email protected]:

> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:13:08 +0000 (UTC), Stupid Newbie
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>David Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:
>>

>>> If you want a "nice guy" go over to the losers lounge and
>>> hang out with Jan.

>>LOL, I guess then to each his own. In 25 years:
>>
>>a) Lance will have the showcase of stuff to remind him of
>>his 7 great TdF wins;
>>
>>b) Jan will still have friends.
>>
>>:)
>>

> You've not been around elite atheletes much, have you?

Elite athletes are all jerks? Where on earth did you get
that idea?

(Though actually, on the jerkiness scale, Armstrong's not
the worst offender, by by a long shot).