Armstrong comeback!

So sad..

Hats of to Lance as an athlete, but who the **** needs him anymore. Except milkin' companies. I mean for real?

Old ones out, new ones in. Sadly it tells a lot, when man has almost endless money to spent and to do what ever he likes, to educate himself and his kids. But no. :(

C'mon Lance!?

I am having a hard time getting a straight answer about Jan but the answer I got seemed to indicate he was not taking the possibility of a Ullrich/Armstrong match-up seriously.

jhuskey said:
Obama is going to be the ASO president?
Of course. He will just negotiate with the French and they will see the error in their ways and allow Lance back.

That or money, of course.

I wonder if ASO would let Basso race...

Is he being tested now?? Has he been tested over the last few months??? no no no.

SO he could be talking everything and training like a mad man for the last few months!!
When will they start testing him??? I'd say he has a lot of the hard miles done already before the testers

musette said:
This is wonderful news! :p

The big loser within Astana if LA starts 09Tour is Levi. He, just like AC and Klodie, will have to become LA's domestique. AC is young, and has many Tours ahead of him after 09.

Well the mention of Armstrong brings all sorts of posters back. I hope you have gained an insight into cycling in your absence.

jhuskey said:
I am having a hard time getting a straight answer about Jan but the answer I got seemed to indicate he was not taking the possibility of a Ullrich/Armstrong match-up seriously.

Maybe Ullrich and Armstrong should be encouraged to ride on the same team. Two successful drug regimes combined in a synergistic explosion of cycling speed. And bring in chicken... . Sorry I seem to be getting a little carried away.

nonns said:
I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the Cadel Evans house when the announcement was made.
Cadel's reaction would have been, "Not another doper like Contador that I'll get panned for not attacking in the mountains".

azdroptop said:
God in Heaven willing he wont be the President of the US...
Sure as hell wouldn't do any worse than George W.

But let's keep this thread on Lance's comeback...

biker jk said:
Cadel's reaction would have been, "Not another doper like Contador that I'll get panned for not attacking in the mountains".
Cadel probably thought, "Good, now the press will have somebody else to chase around"

ad9898 said:
I understand that, I didn't say it, HE said it was slow. Just on that point what were the 4 that were faster and was Armstrong involved ?

I didn't suggest that YOU said that the 2008 TDF was slow.

I merely replied to the statement that you attributed to HIM where he claimed that the 2008 was slow.
It is factually incorrect for anyone to suggest that the 2008 TDF was slow.
The 2008 TDF was the fifth fastest TDF of all time.

For the record : the fastest TDF of all time was 2005 TDF which averaged 41.65kms.

mitosis said:
Maybe Ullrich and Armstrong should be encouraged to ride on the same team. Two successful drug regimes combined in a synergistic explosion of cycling speed. And bring in chicken... . Sorry I seem to be getting a little carried away.

No Ullrich comeback, at least none planned at this point. It would have been a glorious sight.