Armstrong Confesses!

No_Positives said:
He even loves dogs.

1142100825_fb3bf06f90.jpg
"As soon as they turn off the camera, he is gonna' **** that little dog"-Shakes the Clown

Frigo's Luggage said:
You guys have it wrong. Wikipedia says he was 4th in the 1998 Vuelta but won the Tour of Spain. Wikipedia doesn't lie
- thanks for the clarification.

- its hard to get accurate info , sometimes , what with all the nonsense flying about.

pistole said:
- thanks for the clarification.

- its hard to get accurate info , sometimes , what with all the nonsense flying about.

Sorry. It was a joke. Just more internet nonsense. He didn't win the Tour of Spain in 1998. But he took 4th in the mountain bike worlds that year (in both cross-country and downhill).

Chris Horner is a jerk. Americans who have followed American cycling will tell you that. When he was riding in America , the American Euro's paid him little respect. On his first failed trip to break into the Euro peloton he came back and bad mouthed the Euro's. I personally observed hin throwing a tantrum in front of LA when Liggett completely ignored him in the after race interviews after Horner won the race. Aisner, Phinny,and other American Euro's basically ignored him that day. The fans did not even clap when he was on the podium......
Historically in the US he was not respected by fans, riders, and the cycling media.
He was never asked to ride for Discovery. He probably was the only American rider never asked. Sour grapes?

wolfix said:
Chris Horner is a jerk. Americans who have followed American cycling will tell you that. When he was riding in America , the American Euro's paid him little respect. On his first failed trip to break into the Euro peloton he came back and bad mouthed the Euro's. I personally observed hin throwing a tantrum in front of LA when Liggett completely ignored him in the after race interviews after Horner won the race. Aisner, Phinny,and other American Euro's basically ignored him that day. The fans did not even clap when he was on the podium......
Historically in the US he was not respected by fans, riders, and the cycling media.
He was never asked to ride for Discovery. He probably was the only American rider never asked. Sour grapes?
You just answered a question I had on another thread, but what I will give the guy is that he was a freaking BEAST when he raced stateside. I saw him take off from the gun and lap field, towing another rider, at the Athens Twilight Criterium in the mid 90's. It was one of the most impressive rides I ever saw.

wolfix said:

True that. I saw similar as well when he was racing stateside. Sour grapes indeed.

wolfix said:
OK, maybe he's a jerk. Maybe I would be too if as the winner of a race, I was ignored in favor of LA. But sour grapes or not, it's hard to argue with his comments about a certain blue train.

thoughtforfood said:
You just answered a question I had on another thread, but what I will give the guy is that he was a freaking BEAST when he raced stateside. I saw him take off from the gun and lap field, towing another rider, at the Athens Twilight Criterium in the mid 90's. It was one of the most impressive rides I ever saw.

Lapped the field but raced clean no doubt :rolleyes:

Another one of the "they're all dopers but me" wankers.

JoshuaBoy said:
is 83.8 imL/kg/min the highest?! Indurain - 88, Brajkovič - 92, Lemond - 92.5, Bjørn Dæhlie 96 (out of season)
a plus 90 VO2? Never heard of one that high. I was under the impression that Lemond was in the high 80's?

wolfix said:

Wolf here you go again.... any american rider who makes a statnment against Armstrong they become anti-american and a tool.... I was there in London and Horner (regardless of the sort of cyclist he is) is right.... never seen a day of cycling like it in London that day..... incredible...... I'm sorry but Horner is right on this one.... if Armstrong and team are the underdogs as he always described himself then he'd fight this one, get a sponsor and succeed at the Tour..... or is it something else ?
_____

"All these people can say what they want about the sport going downhill right now... are they crazy? Were they not in London? Did Lance forget about it? How do you make those comments when you saw what happened there? To have a start and stage there, plus the stage in Belgium, that alone justifies the money to have a ProTour team. Nothing else even matters! Take those first three days of the Tour de France, and it automatically proves Lance wrong. Undeniable fact! I don't care what anybody wants to come back and say how much they love Lance, it's an undeniable fact that the first three days make it worth it. That's not even counting the people watching it on TV around the world! That is just the people who came out. In London they had Wimbledon, a huge concert event, Formula 1... and we did 125 miles the first day and there weren't 10 miles of a gap where if you stopped you wouldn't have been peeing on someone's foot!"

I was in Paris (not Hilton) for Lance's 5th victory and saw him being congratulated by Chuck Norris. Lance turned to Chuck and said "Texas aint big enough for the both of us" before round house kicking him.

Eldron said:
I was in Paris (not Hilton) for Lance's 5th victory and saw him being congratulated by Chuck Norris. Lance turned to Chuck and said "Texas aint big enough for the both of us" before round house kicking him.
yiiihaaa

Eldron said:
Now I know you are full of ****. No one--not even a doped up Armstrong--could take on Chuck Norris.

whiteboytrash said:
Wolf here you go again.... any american rider who makes a statnment against Armstrong they become anti-american and a tool.... I was there in London and Horner (regardless of the sort of cyclist he is) is right.... never seen a day of cycling like it in London that day..... incredible...... I'm sorry but Horner is right on this one.... if Armstrong and team are the underdogs as he always described himself then he'd fight this one, get a sponsor and succeed at the Tour..... or is it something else ?
_____

"All these people can say what they want about the sport going downhill right now... are they crazy? Were they not in London? Did Lance forget about it? How do you make those comments when you saw what happened there? To have a start and stage there, plus the stage in Belgium, that alone justifies the money to have a ProTour team. Nothing else even matters! Take those first three days of the Tour de France, and it automatically proves Lance wrong. Undeniable fact! I don't care what anybody wants to come back and say how much they love Lance, it's an undeniable fact that the first three days make it worth it. That's not even counting the people watching it on TV around the world! That is just the people who came out. In London they had Wimbledon, a huge concert event, Formula 1... and we did 125 miles the first day and there weren't 10 miles of a gap where if you stopped you wouldn't have been peeing on someone's foot!"

Just on the point of crowd numbers for the 2007 TDF.

The reported turnout for each stage of the 2007 TDF in Brtiain, estimated that between 1,750,000 and 2,000,000 lined the route, each day.
That is huge exposure locally (numbers out watching the event) and internationally (through TV images).
And as stated, coupled with attendance at Wimbledon and other events such as concerts/shows such as LIVE EARTH at Wembley and F1 on that same day/weekend - that number of spectators for the British phase of the 2007 TDF is gargantuan.

A collegue from the media was at the Grand Depart and he said that Prudhomme and Livingstone (Londons Lord Mayor) were "blown away" by the spectator numbers.

Already the TDF have committed to giving future stages to London and the South East of England based on the great organisation and support of the
2007 TDF.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tourdefrance2007/story/0,,2121994,00.html

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,,2121556,00.html

...and as Horner states: If Armstrong with his love of money doesn't want a piece of that pie then so be it ! its a big pie ! or again is it something else Armstrong doesn't want to be a part of ? maybe clean cycling ?

limerickman said:
Just on the point of crowd numbers for the 2007 TDF.

The reported turnout for each stage of the 2007 TDF in Brtiain, estimated that between 1,750,000 and 2,000,000 lined the route, each day.
That is huge exposure locally (numbers out watching the event) and internationally (through TV images).
And as stated, coupled with attendance at Wimbledon and other events such as concerts/shows and F1 on that same weekend - that number of spectators for the British phase of the 2007 TDF is massive.

A collegue from the media was at the Grand Depart and he said that Prudhomme and Livingstone (Londons Lord Mayor) were "blown away" by the spectator numbers.

Already the TDF have committed to giving future stages to London and the South East of England based on the great organisation and support of the
2007 TDF.

whiteboytrash said:
...and as Horner states: If Armstrong with his love of money doesn't want a piece of that pie then so be it ! its a big pie ! or again is it something else Armstrong doesn't want to be a part of ? maybe clean cycling ?

Hobson's choice.

Based on those numbers watching an event like the TDF, is a marketing executives wetdream.

But then if you're caught cheating - that wetdream becomes a nightmare.

Given the history and the individuals concerned ........would you put your company's good name at that level of risk????????????

Horner is 100% correct in one aspect : the numbers at the TDF 2007 were huge.
And he's also correct - it is a marketing fest which any sponsor would kill to be part of (given all things being equal, of course).

Andrija said:
Well, No_Positives has forgotten some important things about Armstrong...

Highest recorded bench press ever, deep squat and dead lift too... What makes him absolut power lifting champion. Also he keeps world records in ****** and clean&jerk... He holds 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, 3000 steeple chase, 5000 and 10000 meters track and field records... Hurdles disciplines are his too. He was also NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL MVP. I don't need to mention he was professional heavy weight boxing champion... You all know that.
He was even offered some roles in *** production films due to his enormous potential, but he refused... It's not good for his political career.
The list of his achievements is endless... It just starts with Vuelta victory and "highest ever recorded VO2 Max".
If I've missed something, forgive me... There's so much he achieved... So much that average brain can't memorise.
Add achievements you remember of.
He was also the first man to visit the moon.

whiteboytrash said:
Wolf here you go again.... any american rider who makes a statnment against Armstrong they become anti-american and a tool....
Horner is a tool......... This has nothing to do with LA. Horner is disliked by almost everyone in the states. The US fans were happy to see him go. This is not my opinion , but the opinion of most who folow the domestic cycling action here. He was always attacking others in cycling in the press.
So now he can attack LA when LA isn't around to defend himself.
At the SF Grand Prix Horner was asked to come over to the interview tent and had to stand 15 minutes while everyone mobbed LA. No one ever did interview him and he finally left. This is repeated at most venues when another rider is available for interviews.

People need to question Horner on his drug use. During his prime in cycling he could not even ride with the Euro's. That was proven. He returned to the US with failure written all over him.
This is not his first attempt to ride with the big boys. And now he finishes 15th [?] in the TDF? ......