Armstrong Confesses!

classic1 said:
Word has it Armstrong did root Paris Hilton.

Then again, thats hardly a challenge.
Some other recent roots...

1150965019_42852aa19d_m.jpg

1150965177_4162c0c913_m.jpg

1150965425_0ea0a2c0df_m.jpg

limerickman said:
and all four of them never failed a dope test - either, Saluki.
An admission and a heart attack are positives in my book. Lance never admitted, never failed a test, and never died of a heart attack.

No_Positives said:
An admission and a heart attack are positives in my book. Lance never admitted, never failed a test, and never died of a heart attack.
Armstrong tested positive for EPO six times in the 1999 Tour. He also tested positve for cortisone in the same race. He was cleared of the cortisone because he had a back dated TUE even though he previously swore he didn't have any TUEs.

Once and for all, lets stop this nonsense about Armstrong never testing positive. You are simply being deceptive when you say these things.

Frigo's Luggage said:
Armstrong tested positive for EPO six times in the 1999 Tour. He also tested positve for cortisone in the same race. He was cleared of the cortisone because he had a back dated TUE even though he previously swore he didn't have any TUEs.

Once and for all, lets stop this nonsense about Armstrong never testing positive. You are simply being deceptive when you say these things.
I just spoke with Lance. He said you can kiss his ass.

1188197036_635fe4c97b.jpg

Just look at your tag line:

"We won eight Tours, a Vuelta, a Giro and other races and not one positive test."

How can Armstrong say that considering Benoit Joachim's positive? How can he say that with a straight face considering Andreu's admission? Its just Armstrong spin and you believe it.

Why don't I believe Armstong's denials? Well, its ******** statements like this that are either: a) not true; or b) deceptive; or c) both.

If you just spoke to Armstrong, tell him I would gladly kiss his ass if he would just answer some hard and specific questions.

BTW, are you voting for Hillary or Obama in 2008?

whiteboytrash said:
go to any city in the US and try and ride a bike through town.... if you don't get mugged you'll surely get hit by a agrro car driver who thinks they only belong on the road !

Its the mentality thats key here and British people know and understand cycling.
cmon, wbt. I usually concur with many of your posts but when you delve into your anti-American bias, your points get blurred. I happen to live in a city with bike lanes and the drivers don't run me or others over. I also don't fear getting mugged unless I am in an area you probably see frequently broadcast on CNN as a typical American town. If I want a distorted view of America, I will watch that network or other major media networks. With all the violence they show, I'd be scared to leave home.

but back on topic, given the HUGE numbers that turned out in England, novelty can be responsible for merely a fraction of the amount that turned out. the majority were not driven by novelty alone.

wolfix said:
Horner is a tool.....
Wolf is right. I raced against him, interviewed him later on when I was a working journalist. He's not a well like dude by many. He was like the Armstrong of the states -- doping his way to many victories, winning in boring fashion and generally being pig. Many were glad to see him leave the North American circuit because he could not beat, but many just plain hated his ass.

Klodifan said:
cmon, wbt. I usually concur with many of your posts but when you delve into your anti-American bias, your points get blurred. I happen to live in a city with bike lanes and the drivers don't run me or others over. I also don't fear getting mugged unless I am in an area you probably see frequently broadcast on CNN as a typical American town. If I want a distorted view of America, I will watch that network or other major media networks. With all the violence they show, I'd be scared to leave home.

but back on topic, given the HUGE numbers that turned out in England, novelty can be responsible for merely a fraction of the amount that turned out. the majority were not driven by novelty alone.
Well said Klodi !

On another note...What the hell is the topic this thead anyway ?

lw

The topic is about how Nike endorsed Lance Armstrong pulled the wool over the eyes of millions of naive Live Wrong bracelet wearers.

ASO made a bundle, the UCI helped with the TDF cover, Nike sold $300 sneakers, **** Pound offerred up red herrings, Larry King raised his TV ratings, Phil Liggett got a pay raise, and George W. Bush found a MTB partner.

Now that cow blood transfusion act is over and we moved on with Roid Landis, Alex Vinokurov, Iban Mayo, Contadoper and Ras the Chicken Cow.

Your welcome.

lwedge said:
Well said Klodi !

On another note...What the hell is the topic this thead anyway ?

lw

whiteboytrash said:
hmmmmm are you sure ? What Lim was saying was "yes" it was a "one off" event but it was competing against F1 and Wimbledon which are bread and butter British sports. However it wasn't just successful it was amazingly successful and proved how cycling (its it has been getting huge promotion in the London and the UK) is a big sport....... you see cycling in the UK (unlike America which is in the hands of the petrol companies) is becoming bigger and bigger because governments see the importantance of cycling not just for fitness but for a transport strategy.... cycling in London is easy... there is almost a cycling lane where ever you go and cars will always yield for you... the fines for cars moving into cycle lanes and not giving way to a cyclists are huge... why does the government want this to work ? one is the environment and another is obesity (pressure on healthcare systems) and number one is getting cars off the road and people off public transport - its much cheaper than throwing more and more money into transport and more roads.... paris have recently done same with their free bike scheme (and don't even think of riding in paris until now).... go to any city in the US and try and ride a bike through town.... if you don't get mugged you'll surely get hit by a agrro car driver who thinks they only belong on the road !

Its the mentality thats key here and British people know and understand cycling.
Well my friend I live in Tucson AZ and it is a fantastic city for cycling as are many places in the US. Here your facts are just not straight. I know you have a predisposition to be anti-American, and that's fine, but cycling is fantastic here.

azdroptop said:
Well my friend I live in Tucson AZ and it is a fantastic city for cycling as are many places in the US. Here your facts are just not straight. I know you have a predisposition to be anti-American, and that's fine, but cycling is fantastic here.

yeah but you have to live with Americans and thats no fun.......
:p

Klodifan said:

Cycling in Philadelphia is wonderful. No fears of being mugged.

I think novelty may be a big part of the London turnout. Here in Philly, we get a huge turnout for the race. However, I wouldn't call most of the people cycling fans. Its more like a huge and exciting parade. You don't have to be a fan of fire engines and marching bands to watch the parade when it comes to town.

The cool part of it is that some of those people watching the Tour in the UK will be inspired to ride and will become cycling fans because they happened to see the bunch come by in 2007. It happens in Philly and it will happen in the UK. However, I wouldn't assume that all of the people on the side of the roads hard core fans.

Hey No Positves, You didn't answer my questions. Are you JSull14? Did you read the Vrijman report? Bonjour mon amie.