Armstrong face to face

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
What would you like to say to him, if you ever got the chance?

serious question

I don't know the exact words, but something that I felt would get him talking. I think you can learn more by listening to what someone says (or don't say) than you can by a series of questions. I don't necessarily mean that negatively either. I'm sure he (was well as others) have many interesting stories/thoughts about bicycle racing, training, etc.

On the other hand, there's so much controversy surrounding him about doping that it's hard to imagine that not being part of the conversation at some point. If the conversation got around to doping in cycling and the words "I've never had positives" came out of his mouth I'm pretty sure my next question would be "Yes, I know you haven't had positives, but have you doped?".

The same thing I did say to him when I was face to face with him ............"Nice jersey", !!!!!!!!! {he was wearing the World's jersey for the first time in a race, }

Then I said the words that got me a high five..........."TEXAS RULES!!!"......
I found LA and Phil Liggett both decent towards fans.

My question would be, How do you explain to someone who doesn't believe in miracles how a clean rider beats a doping Ullrich, Basso, Vino, Heras, Landis, Hamilton, etc etc by minutes for 7 straight years?

I'd ask him why he's so 'negative' despite his many 'positive' accomplishments

jimmypop said:
"What's it like to have sex with Matthew McConaughey?"

Jiffypoop, I thought you might ask him for some tips on riding a mountain bike. And really Jiffy, I would have never thought you would have any interest in...well you know.

leerobbs said:
Jiffypoop, I thought you might ask him for some tips on riding a mountain bike. And really Jiffy, I would have never thought you would have any interest in...well you know.

No thanks, I gave up riding in any serious form many, many years ago.

Sort of like the sane among us gave up on professional cycling many, many years ago.

i'd say:

"great bike store, man." (Mellow Johnny's, Austin, TX.....just was there this weekend; great selection of bikes, gear, books, training room, etc.)

"thanks for the memories". (loved the great victories in the mountains)

"nice job at the Tour....you make us old Texas dudes proud." (no explanation required)

tmctguer said:
i'd say:

"nice job at the Tour....you make us old Texas dudes proud." (no explanation required)

I understand, a Harris County child myself. I run the Dallas,Lubbock,Amarillo run several times a month.

How old are you?

(Because after the shenanigans with Contador I'm left with the impression he's about 5)