Armstrong: Flandis Innocent

Bill C wrote:

>> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>>> I corrected the entry. (Everyone can, after creating an account.)

>> And Armstrong may 'correct' it back. Come to think of it I'd love to see
>> Lemond working on the Lemond page or Lafferty doing the Armstrong one.

> Why does the term "Meltdown" come to mind? How about Lemond working on
> the Lance page, and vice versa.
> We'll just leave the "riders" page to Pound and Brian. Figure they
> could keep it to one paragraph:
> "They're all lieing, cheating, doping, scumbags. Some who've already
> been caught and those we will catch."

Now Bill. They aren't all dopers. Even Hein Verbruggen realized this
when he said there were at most 5% bad apples. :)

On Jul 7, 6:40 pm, Brian Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
> >> And Armstrong may 'correct' it back. Come to think of it I'd love to see
> >> Lemond working on the Lemond page or Lafferty doing the Armstrong one.

> > Why does the term "Meltdown" come to mind? How about Lemond working on
> > the Lance page, and vice versa.
> > We'll just leave the "riders" page to Pound and Brian. Figure they
> > could keep it to one paragraph:
> > "They're all lieing, cheating, doping, scumbags. Some who've already
> > been caught and those we will catch."

> Now Bill. They aren't all dopers. Even Hein Verbruggen realized this
> when he said there were at most 5% bad apples. :)- Hide quoted text -

There's a reason why "Heinie" is a colloquialism for "ass". ;-)
Bill C

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:07:07 +0200, Davey Crockett
<[email protected]> wrote:

>ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - Austinite Lance Armstrong says he believes last
>year's Tour de France winner Floyd Landis didn't dope but will
>probably lose his arbitration case against the US Anti-Doping Agency.
>
>http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6748112&nav=Bsmj

such a shame LA never got caught, they should have turned down his
"after the fact" prescription in 1999 and that would have been the end
of it, I guess they didn't want another scandal like in 1998.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dans le message de news:[email protected],
> benjo maso <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >> The truth must be told!
> >>
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Kaers

> > "In fact he [Armstrong] became the second-youngest world road
> > champion when he took the rainbow jersey in Oslo in 1993".
> >
> > The truth is that Armstrong is the third-youngest world road
> > champion. The second is Jean-Pierre Monseré.
> >
> > Benjo

> You are trying to win an argument here based on historical facts?
> I would never have used the word naïve until now ......

Probably because there isn't a word for it en Français.

--
Michael Press

In article
<[email protected]>,
Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:07:07 +0200, Davey Crockett
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - Austinite Lance Armstrong says he believes last
> >year's Tour de France winner Floyd Landis didn't dope but will
> >probably lose his arbitration case against the US Anti-Doping Agency.
> >
> >http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6748112&nav=Bsmj

> such a shame LA never got caught, they should have turned down his
> "after the fact" prescription in 1999 and that would have been the end
> of it, I guess they didn't want another scandal like in 1998.

I enjoy watching you agonize over all the injustice.
All the filthy dopers getting away with it is
exactly the misery due to you.

--
Michael Press

> On Jul 7, 11:27 pm, Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > benjo maso wrote:
> > > The truth is that Armstrong is the third-youngest world road champion. The
> > > second is Jean-Pierre Monser?.

> > I corrected the entry. (Everyone can, after creating an account.)
> >
> > --
> > E. Dronkert

> My Wikipedia experience is that someone always erases contributions
> within 5 minutes, no matter how much more you know on the subject.
>
> -ilan

Well, someone should fix this entry so it is internally consistent,
Dronkert! Right now it has Kaers winning the Worlds at 21 in the first
para, and at 20 in the second para.

I assume 20 is the right age.

Can I get a ruling?

Also, that "frequently by Armstrong himself" should be pulled unless
there's a cite.

Best edit war ever:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jobstbrandt#Regarding_edits_made_t
o_Brake_fade

"Jobst, are you edit-warring with a bot? That is a useless occupation, I
think, but who knows."

"benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Dans le message de news:[email protected],
> > benjo maso <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> "In fact he [Armstrong] became the second-youngest world road
> >> champion when he took the rainbow jersey in Oslo in 1993".
> >>
> >> The truth is that Armstrong is the third-youngest world road
> >> champion. The second is Jean-Pierre Monseré.
> >>
> >> Benjo

> > You are trying to win an argument here based on historical facts?
> > I would never have used the word naïve until now ......

> I'm not trying to an argument. I was only hoping that Armstrong will put me
> on his black list
>
> Benjo

No, you want to be on his Blackberry list. Didn't you read your Danny
Coyle?

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Dans le message de news:[email protected],
>> > benjo maso <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

>> > You are trying to win an argument here based on historical facts?
>> > I would never have used the word naïve until now ......

>> I'm not trying to an argument. I was only hoping that Armstrong will put
>> me
>> on his black list
>>
>> Benjo

> No, you want to be on his Blackberry list. Didn't you read your Danny
> Coyle?

Yes I did, probably better than anyone else in Holland ... But I'm already
satisfied with a place on the blacklist of Armstrong & Bruyneel

Benjo

Bill C wrote:

>> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>>> I corrected the entry. (Everyone can, after creating an account.)

>> And Armstrong may 'correct' it back. Come to think of it I'd love to see
>> Lemond working on the Lemond page or Lafferty doing the Armstrong one.

> Why does the term "Meltdown" come to mind? How about Lemond working on
> the Lance page, and vice versa.
> We'll just leave the "riders" page to Pound and Brian. Figure they
> could keep it to one paragraph:
> "They're all lieing, cheating, doping, scumbags. Some who've already
> been caught and those we will catch."

That's not fair.

Last July, Brian was absolutely clear and repetitively persistent about
his belief that the TdF was clean and all the doping "robots" were gone.

Michael Press wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:07:07 +0200, Davey Crockett
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - Austinite Lance Armstrong says he believes last
>>> year's Tour de France winner Floyd Landis didn't dope but will
>>> probably lose his arbitration case against the US Anti-Doping Agency.
>>>
>>> http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6748112&nav=Bsmj

>> such a shame LA never got caught, they should have turned down his
>> "after the fact" prescription in 1999 and that would have been the end
>> of it, I guess they didn't want another scandal like in 1998.

> I enjoy watching you agonize over all the injustice.
> All the filthy dopers getting away with it is
> exactly the misery due to you.

This is one of those "You do it to yourself, you do / And that's what
really hurts" kind of things.

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> This is one of those "You do it to yourself, you do / And that's what
> really hurts" kind of things.

He's hoping the Karma Police will get them.

benjo maso wrote:
> "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I'm not trying to an argument. I was only hoping that Armstrong will put
>>> me
>>> on his black list
>>>
>>> Benjo

>> No, you want to be on his Blackberry list. Didn't you read your Danny
>> Coyle?

> Yes I did, probably better than anyone else in Holland ... But I'm already
> satisfied with a place on the blacklist of Armstrong & Bruyneel
>
> Benjo

A badge of honor.

Ryan Cousineau schreef:
> Well, someone should fix this entry so it is internally consistent,
> Dronkert! Right now it has Kaers winning the Worlds at 21 in the first
> para, and at 20 in the second para.

Ah yes. didn't touch any of that text. Please do as you feel inclined
(That'll probably turn out to be: pouring yourself another glass of
great 15yr-old single malt. I'm doing it now.)

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> benjo maso wrote:
>> The truth is that Armstrong is the third-youngest world road champion. The
>> second is Jean-Pierre Monseré.

> I corrected the entry. (Everyone can, after creating an account.)

It still needs some work. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Kaers:

"Karel Kaers (Vosselaar, 3 June 1914 - Antwerp, 20 December 1972) was a
professional cyclist, with thirty wins to his name. In 1934 he became
the youngest world road champion in history, winning in Leipzig at age
21. He also won the Tour of Flanders in 1939, and the Belgian national
championship in 1937.

"Lance Armstrong is frequently and incorrectly described (often by
Armstrong himself) as the youngest-ever world champion. In fact, he
became only the third-youngest world road champion when he took the
rainbow jersey in Oslo in 1993. Armstrong was two weeks short of 22 when
he won in Oslo; Kaers had just turned 20. Jean-Pierre Monseré was still
21 in 1970 when became world champion in Leicester on August 16th."

It's self contradictory (saying Kaers won at 21 and 20) and also unclear
(saying Armstrong was 21 and likewise Monseré). On top of that, the
entry for Monseré says that he is the youngest!

I have no idea what the facts are here.

--
Tony Rall