Armstrong gets rid of Catlin



whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
Bro Deal said:
I thought he had a college degree. I don't see why he could not completely switch professions (and then name names. :))

One may remember the stomach cramps and viruses TommyD got in the last 2 years on Disco. Those symptoms are a sure sign of blood doping. One also may remember his former girlfriend "Christine" writing some choice words about Bruyneel on her website in regards to his attitude on doping and Tommy's sicknesses. Tommy lost his job, dumped Christine then found love with Jonny V & Steph. One of the reasons he joined Garmin was to get away from the scary side of drug use. Some don't like injecting their own blood which has been spun with the plasma of a cow.
 

oh!-man

New Member
Oct 7, 2007
28
0
0
biker jk said:
No sir. Stupid is believing that Lance didn't dope because the UCI never caught him.
Good, because I thought for a short moment that you were talking about me. Who said that I didn't believe that Lance doped? Lotsa conjecture going on around here. I've got an idea. Why don't you and your buddies STFU about something that is totally O V E R. What is it with you guys? Is this the ADD forum, because there sure is plenty of it on this thread. You are like people that are still fighting the Civil War, and it has been over for over 140 years.

I have repeated over and over that I do not care about the issue. But now, I'm going to add a little info so that maybe you will understand my position. I am tired of you fatass fux that sit on the couch and spectate cycling and then get all worked up about something that has already been decided and is over. Years later you ADD-afflicted dumbasses just keep going on about nothing.

The OP posted an interesting article about Dr. Catlin and all you guys do is boo hoo hoo about "my cycling star got busted, but Lance didn't. There's no justice. WAAAAA." Dry up you bunch of snivelling wimps. Would you like for me to call a waaaaammmmbuuuullance.?

One more time for the reading impaired. Why are you all so insistent that I care about an issue that I don't care about? Is it because if I care about it, it validates your caring about it. Go back to the couch, your cheetos are waiting.
 

biker jk

New Member
Oct 24, 2005
123
0
0
oh!-man said:
Good, because I thought for a short moment that you were talking about me. Who said that I didn't believe that Lance doped? Lotsa conjecture going on around here. I've got an idea. Why don't you and your buddies STFU about something that is totally O V E R. What is it with you guys? Is this the ADD forum, because there sure is plenty of it on this thread. You are like people that are still fighting the Civil War, and it has been over for over 140 years.

I have repeated over and over that I do not care about the issue. But now, I'm going to add a little info so that maybe you will understand my position. I am tired of you fatass fux that sit on the couch and spectate cycling and then get all worked up about something that has already been decided and is over. Years later you ADD-afflicted dumbasses just keep going on about nothing.

The OP posted an interesting article about Dr. Catlin and all you guys do is boo hoo hoo about "my cycling star got busted, but Lance didn't. There's no justice. WAAAAA." Dry up you bunch of snivelling wimps. Would you like for me to call a waaaaammmmbuuuullance.?

One more time for the reading impaired. Why are you all so insistent that I care about an issue that I don't care about? Is it because if I care about it, it validates your caring about it. Go back to the couch, your cheetos are waiting.
The Civil War brought about the abolition of slavery but the War on Doping is still being fought and hostilities will need to escalate now that doping's chief exponent has launched a counterattack.
 

oh!-man

New Member
Oct 7, 2007
28
0
0
biker jk said:
and hostilities will need to escalate now that doping's chief exponent has launched a counterattack.
I do not understand your post. Please explain:

A. Why hostilities need to escalate?
B. Who are the hostile parties?
C. Dopings chief exponent is a person, an institution?
D. Counterattack?

Thanks in advance.
 

jimmypop

New Member
Feb 20, 2008
439
0
0
oh!-man said:
Jimmy, it must be painful to be so stupid, but I suppose that you get asked that quite a bit. All of us here on CF pity you and hope that you find the help that you need.

[This here is a life lesson. When you're down, there is always someone worse off, e.g., an autistic person, a quadriplegic, Jimmypop. It picks my spirits up just knowing that that moron is around.]
I'll happily wear the dunce cap, as long as I don't have to believe in miracles.

On a related note, DPF has a reformed cripple as a prolific poster. That must count for something.
 

jimmypop

New Member
Feb 20, 2008
439
0
0
Bro Deal said:
I thought he had a college degree. I don't see why he could not completely switch professions (and then name names. :))
I suppose you're right. But, he could also ask Armstrong for a little financial assistance, which would keep him mum for a few more years at least.
 

helmutRoole2

New Member
Jul 7, 2006
1,948
0
0
58
oh!-man said:
Good, because I thought for a short moment...

One more time for the reading impaired. Why are you all so insistent that I care about an issue that I don't care about?
Because you've posted more than 20 times on the topic?

Just a hunch.
 

oh!-man

New Member
Oct 7, 2007
28
0
0
helmutRoole2 said:
Because you've posted more than 20 times on the topic?

If you and your blow buddies on this thread weren't so ADD I wouldn't have had to make such an effort. Among cognizant human beings I rarely have to repeat myself.

Consider how many times you whiny bitches have tried to proselytize me, trying to coerce me into joining your Secret Society of Lance haters. Consider how many times you numb nuts have accused me of knowing or believing that Lance didn't use performance enhancing drugs. You guys are brain dead and your venomous attacks at Lance have ruined many threads in this forum. Why do you do this? What's your motivation?

I look at my involvement here as community service. Kind of like spreading pearls before swine, and regrettably ending up with the same results as the first person who made that observation.
 

helmutRoole2

New Member
Jul 7, 2006
1,948
0
0
58
oh!-man said:
If you and your blow buddies on this thread...
To boil your argument down, you're saying, "Lance is the 7-time Tour champion, move on. Quit crying about it since it serves no purpose. Stop your whining."

Now, let's take your line of reasoning and apply it to a different topic, say, the Holocaust. Would you tell Holocaust survivors, their relatives -- well, actually the entire global community since it was a crime against humanity -- would you tell them to "Move on. Quit crying about it since it serves no purpose. Stop your whining." I can't imagine you would.

Okay, clearly the Tour is not the Holocaust, but it illustrates a point.

First, it does serve a pourpose to talk about it. I think this point is self explainatory.

Secondly, when you come on this forum, this section, you're dealing with people who have been involved with the sport of cycling well before Lance appeared on the scene. Why, I myself was in a break with Lance when I was 25 and he was 17. One of the last races I did more than 20 years later I was in a break with Tyler Farrar when he was 17. Bookends to a career of a marginal cyclist who loved the sport. Other posters have equally exciting, non-notable experiences from times well before mine.

Point is, the guy you defend likely cheated -- you admit that yourself -- and in so doing, he's stolen seven Tours. Cheated, lied, made them boring, and generally ushered in a new era of doping in cycling.

The Tour, in this forum, is held dear. Don't be surprised when people lambaste you for defending the guy who ruined it for them seven years going on eight.

I personally don't have strong feelings for against the man. I regard him as a great cyclist who cheated. There's plenty of them out there. Marginal ones too.

One last thing: Sir, take the Lance Armstrong yellow ***** out of your ass and see if you can't find your head up there. If you do, that would explain the drivel that is your prose on this thread.
 

kennf

New Member
Jan 29, 2004
609
0
0
oh!-man said:
If you and your blow buddies on this thread weren't so ADD I wouldn't have had to make such an effort. Among cognizant human beings I rarely have to repeat myself.

Consider how many times you whiny bitches have tried to proselytize me, trying to coerce me into joining your Secret Society of Lance haters. Consider how many times you numb nuts have accused me of knowing or believing that Lance didn't use performance enhancing drugs. You guys are brain dead and your venomous attacks at Lance have ruined many threads in this forum. Why do you do this? What's your motivation?

I look at my involvement here as community service. Kind of like spreading pearls before swine, and regrettably ending up with the same results as the first person who made that observation.


Seems like only yesterday (or last Thursday) when you said:

"This time, regrettably I was interested in Dr. Catlin and the NYT article. I wish now that I had stayed out of it and stopped reading after the NYT article. I had not posted before in any thread because I didn't think that I had anything to add. I was right then and I should have kept my own counsel now."
 

oh!-man

New Member
Oct 7, 2007
28
0
0
helmutRoole2 said:
To boil your argument down, you're saying, "Lance is the 7-time Tour champion, move on. Quit crying about it since it serves no purpose. Stop your whining."
Exactly, thank you.

helmutRoole2 said:
Now, let's take your line of reasoning and apply it to a different topic, say, the Holocaust.
Your using the Holocaust as an analogy of this discussion is tragic. You guys take this bicycle racing thing too seriously. It is just a sport, that's all.
Put on a scale with pollution, population and poverty, world economic meltdown, nuclear threats, disease and ice cap melting, our sport is of itself nothing.

helmutRoole2 said:
Point is, the guy you defend likely cheated -- you admit that yourself --
No, I did not. Get your facts straight.

helmutRoole2 said:
The Tour, in this forum, is held dear. Don't be surprised when people lambaste you for defending the guy who ruined it for them seven years going on eight.
Helmut, my appreciation for Lance is in his crusade against cancer and I have stated it more than once. And as far as ruining a tour, for millions of Americans Lance made the Tour. Don't you remember the tee shirts and banners stating "Tour de Lance"?

Obviously your man lost. Sorry, perhaps this year he will win. And if he does, I hope that he uses his celebrity to address real world concerns.

helmutRoole2 said:
One last thing: Sir, take the Lance Armstrong yellow ***** out of your ass and see if you can't find your head up there. If you do, that would explain the drivel that is your prose on this thread.
Why did you finish this post so obscenely? Apparently my appreciating Lance's support of cancer research and awareness threatens you in some way. Oscar Wilde stated that "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". Is this how your bike races ended?, with you falling apart at the end? Incompetence is a terrible cross to bear.
 

adamastor

New Member
Jun 3, 2007
272
0
0
oh!-man said:
Exactly, thank you.


Your using the Holocaust as an analogy of this discussion is tragic. You guys take this bicycle racing thing too seriously. It is just a sport, that's all.
Put on a scale with pollution, population and poverty, world economic meltdown, nuclear threats, disease and ice cap melting, our sport is of itself nothing.


No, I did not. Get your facts straight.


Helmut, my appreciation for Lance is in his crusade against cancer and I have stated it more than once. And as far as ruining a tour, for millions of Americans Lance made the Tour. Don't you remember the tee shirts and banners stating "Tour de Lance"?

Obviously your man lost. Sorry, perhaps this year he will win. And if he does, I hope that he uses his celebrity to address real world concerns.


Why did you finish this post so obscenely? Apparently my appreciating Lance's support of cancer research and awareness threatens you in some way. Oscar Wilde stated that "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". Is this how your bike races ended?, with you falling apart at the end? Incompetence is a terrible cross to bear.
Oh-Man, what'syour point on this thread,and what are you trying to tell us? I've been reading your bloody posts now, and still don't get what you want...

You say "Lance is/was clean", fine, I'll respect your opinion.You're saying he wasn't, fine, I'll agree with you. But sitting with your ass between 2 chairs is going on my bloody tits...particularly because you are offending the gang, whoever they are !

Adamastor (who hadn't posted for months, and would like some constructive discussions again, for heaven's sake)

Good night
 

Runitout

New Member
Oct 11, 2005
197
0
0
oh!-man said:
Exactly, thank you.


Your using the Holocaust as an analogy of this discussion is tragic. You guys take this bicycle racing thing too seriously. It is just a sport, that's all.
Put on a scale with pollution, population and poverty, world economic meltdown, nuclear threats, disease and ice cap melting, our sport is of itself nothing.


No, I did not. Get your facts straight.


Helmut, my appreciation for Lance is in his crusade against cancer and I have stated it more than once. And as far as ruining a tour, for millions of Americans Lance made the Tour. Don't you remember the tee shirts and banners stating "Tour de Lance"?

Obviously your man lost. Sorry, perhaps this year he will win. And if he does, I hope that he uses his celebrity to address real world concerns.


Why did you finish this post so obscenely? Apparently my appreciating Lance's support of cancer research and awareness threatens you in some way. Oscar Wilde stated that "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". Is this how your bike races ended?, with you falling apart at the end? Incompetence is a terrible cross to bear.

It's funny how you quote Wilde and then immediately abuse Helmut. You called him out for saying you were an acolyte, and then you termed him incompetent. At least be consistent.

You're posting for an argument - nothing more, nothing less. You've pitched it about right - the 'just tell me something' angle, and the concern about cancer being your motivation (nice touch), but the frenetic volume of posting
and the resort to personal abuse give it away. Next time, limit it to one post a day - its harder to spot.

Anyways - how about that Catlin bloke?
 

oh!-man

New Member
Oct 7, 2007
28
0
0
adamastor said:
Oh-Man, what's your point on this thread,and what are you trying to tell us? I've been reading your bloody posts now, and still don't get what you want...
Hello Adamastor, you have finally brought sense to this senseless debate. Thank you for the post.

I entered this thread totally sick of reading venomous diatribes against Lance Armstrong. It was my first post to CF and it began the shitstorm that ensued. In retrospect I wish that I had stayed out of it.

I like Lance because of what he has done, and continues to do with his celebrity. I don't remember any other sports icon that has done as much for mankind. But that does not seem to weigh much on this thread. I had no idea.

adamastor said:
You say "Lance is/was clean", fine, I'll respect your opinion.You're saying he wasn't, fine, I'll agree with you. But sitting with your ass between 2 chairs is going on my bloody tits...particularly because you are offending the gang, whoever they are !

Adamastor (who hadn't posted for months, and would like some constructive discussions again, for heaven's sake)

Good night

If you will respect or agree with my decision, then please find the posts where I stated that I believed Lance doped or did not dope. [There aren't any.] I did acknowledge the UCI's unique position in arbitrating these issues. Truthfully, I don't care one way or the other, but rule of law is Rule of Law, and that the UCI has decided is good enough for me.

For me this issue is over. This was all well described by Helmut in the beginning of his last post. And why the detractors continue venting years later is beyond me.

Adamastor, do you think that if Lance wins this year that this nonsense and conjecture will end? Me neither.

I'm sorry to have confused you. I side with you on the constructive discussion that I was hoping would accompany the OPs citing of the NYT article.

Good night to you.
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
4
0
oh!-man said:
I like Lance because of what he has done, and continues to do with his celebrity. I don't remember any other sports icon that has done as much for mankind.
If he wants to do something for mankind then why does he not tell the truth? Instead he lies and defrauds cancer sufferers to gain money and fame for himself. You would be hard pressed to find any sports icon as despicible as Armstrong.

oh!-man said:
And why the detractors continue venting years later is beyond me.
Maybe when Armstrong stops defrauding people then there will be less venting. Why should we give him a free pass while he is completely unrepentent about what he has done and continues to do?
 

fscyclist

New Member
Jul 30, 2006
753
0
0
oh!-man said:
Hello Adamastor, you have finally brought sense to this senseless debate. Thank you for the post.

I entered this thread totally sick of reading venomous diatribes against Lance Armstrong. It was my first post to CF and it began the shitstorm that ensued. In retrospect I wish that I had stayed out of it.

I like Lance because of what he has done, and continues to do with his celebrity. I don't remember any other sports icon that has done as much for mankind. But that does not seem to weigh much on this thread. I had no idea.



If you will respect or agree with my decision, then please find the posts where I stated that I believed Lance doped or did not dope. [There aren't any.] I did acknowledge the UCI's unique position in arbitrating these issues. Truthfully, I don't care one way or the other, but rule of law is Rule of Law, and that the UCI has decided is good enough for me.

For me this issue is over. This was all well described by Helmut in the beginning of his last post. And why the detractors continue venting years later is beyond me.

Adamastor, do you think that if Lance wins this year that this nonsense and conjecture will end? Me neither.

I'm sorry to have confused you. I side with you on the constructive discussion that I was hoping would accompany the OPs citing of the NYT article.

Good night to you.
The bolded part is the entire problem with your argument, or lack thereof. If you presented reasons as to why YOU think LA is not a cheater, people may not think you are a moron. Instead you try to absolve yourself of any decision by hiding behind the UCI, which, by the way, has DECIDED NOTHING. They have NEVER stated LA is clean. They can only say he hasn't failed a UCI sanctioned drug test (which technically isn't true given his TUE for corticosteroids after the fact). Even the Vrijman report didn't say he was clean - only that the EPO found in his urine couldn't be used to sanction him. So you can go on thinking that some official agency has stated that LA is clean and sober, but this couldn't be farther from the truth. If you can present a logical, coherent, medically/physiologically based argument as to why you think LA is clean, I think we'd be all ears.
 

biker jk

New Member
Oct 24, 2005
123
0
0
fscyclist said:
If you can present a logical, coherent, medically/physiologically based argument as to why you think LA is clean, I think we'd be all ears.
He won't because he can't.
 

wolfix

New Member
Mar 11, 2005
2,756
0
0
Just for kicks, let's pick on Eddy M....... Probably the greatest fraud in cycling. His 3 convictions for doping were probably just the few times he was caught; The man basically cheated his co-riders and the fans who were thinking they were seeing a great cyclist. But, just another doper.

When Floyd Landis was making his great break away during that particular TDF, I was thinking how much he resembled Eddy M during Eddy's years. Of course, when the test results were revealed.......... What can a person say?

Sometimes the greatest rides might be too unrealistic.......

Of course, since Eddy stated LA was the greatest TDF rider of all time, it leads me to believe that Eddy wallows in the same sewer you want to put Lance in.......
This forum has sunk to new lows......
 

Flyer

Banned
Sep 20, 2004
2,961
0
0
wolfix said:
Just for kicks, let's pick on Eddy M....... Probably the greatest fraud in cycling. His 3 convictions for doping were probably just the few times he was caught; The man basically cheated his co-riders and the fans who were thinking they were seeing a great cyclist. But, just another doper.

When Floyd Landis was making his great break away during that particular TDF, I was thinking how much he resembled Eddy M during Eddy's years. Of course, when the test results were revealed.......... What can a person say?

Sometimes the greatest rides might be too unrealistic.......

Of course, since Eddy stated LA was the greatest TDF rider of all time, it leads me to believe that Eddy wallows in the same sewer you want to put Lance in.......
This forum has sunk to new lows......
rree
 

Similar threads

J
Replies
22
Views
498
Road Cycling
Bob Schwartz
B