Armstrong goes pedaling, peddling along

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Lindsay, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    The link to this article on fark.com states:

    "Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
    the Tour de France"

    Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.

    http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/182/nation/Armstrong_goes_pedaling_peddling_along+.shtml

    Lindsay
    ----------------------------
    "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

    P.J. O'Rourke

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Lindsay
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >The link to this article on fark.com states:
    >
    >"Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
    >the Tour de France"
    >
    >Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.

    Same here in Costa Mesa, CA. OLN is also listed on the Comcast Digital cable lineup (which I don't
    have) for our area.

    --
    Mike Iglesias Email: [email protected] University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
    Network & Academic Computing Services FAX: 949-824-2069

  3. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    Lindsay wrote:
    > The link to this article on fark.com states:
    >
    > "Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
    > the Tour de France"
    >
    > Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.
    >
    > http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/182/nation/Armstrong_goes_pedaling_peddling_along+.shtml
    >
    > Lindsay

    When they moved OLN to their basic channel range, I dumped digital. It cost Comcast money in my
    case. (Don't tell them.)

  4. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << "Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel
    televising the Tour de France"

    Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN. >>

    OLN has been included in my Comcast expanded basic service here in NJ for 2-3 years.

  5. Comcast is the local cable company in SLC, UT ... And we sure as shit have OLN.

    On 7/1/03 12:59 PM, in article [email protected], "Lindsay"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The link to this article on fark.com states:
    >
    > "Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
    > the Tour de France"
    >
    > Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.
    >
    > http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/182/nation/Armstrong_goes_pedaling_peddling_ along+.shtml
    >
    > Lindsay
    > ----------------------------
    > "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    > difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    > remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."
    >
    > P.J. O'Rourke

  6. Dick Durbin

    Dick Durbin Guest

    Lindsay <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The link to this article on fark.com states:
    >
    > "Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
    > the Tour de France"
    >
    > Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.

    Comcast carries it here in Tallahassee. In fact, Comcast just sponsored a family bicycle day this
    past Saturday.

  7. Bob McBreen

    Bob McBreen Guest

    Comcast is on basic cable in the Eastside area of Seattle Metro. "Lindsay"
    > The link to this article on fark.com states:
    >
    > "Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
    > the Tour de France"
    >
    > Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.

    http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/182/nation/Armstrong_goes_pedaling_peddlin g_along+.shtml

    > Lindsay
    > ----------------------------
    > "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    > difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    > remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."
    >
    > P.J. O'Rourke

  8. Mapei81

    Mapei81 Guest

    Comcast dumped OLN, even from their premium digital service, here in DC - which is why I
    got DirecTV.

  9. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Mike Iglesias" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Lindsay
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >The link to this article on fark.com states:
    > >
    > >"Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel
    > >televising the Tour de France"
    > >
    > >Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.
    >
    > Same here in Costa Mesa, CA. OLN is also listed on the Comcast Digital cable lineup (which I don't
    > have) for our area.

    Just for the record....Comcast is a majority owner of OLN.

  10. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Comcast sponsors my local club, and carries OLN on analog and digital cable. Greg

  11. Dwjones

    Dwjones Guest

    comcast over here in connecticut recently bought out at&t and we have OLN in our digital cable
    news:[email protected]...