Armstrong goes pedaling, peddling along

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lindsay

The link to this article on fark.com states:

"Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
the Tour de France"

Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/182/nation/Armstrong_goes_pedaling_peddling_along+.shtml

Lindsay
----------------------------
"One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

P.J. O'Rourke

In article <[email protected]>, Lindsay
<[email protected]> wrote:
>The link to this article on fark.com states:
>
>"Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
>the Tour de France"
>
>Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.

Same here in Costa Mesa, CA. OLN is also listed on the Comcast Digital cable lineup (which I don't
have) for our area.

--
Mike Iglesias Email: [email protected] University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services FAX: 949-824-2069

Lindsay wrote:
> The link to this article on fark.com states:
>
> "Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
> the Tour de France"
>
> Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.
>
> http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/182/nation/Armstrong_goes_pedaling_peddling_along+.shtml
>
> Lindsay

When they moved OLN to their basic channel range, I dumped digital. It cost Comcast money in my
case. (Don't tell them.)

--
--
Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

<< "Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel
televising the Tour de France"

Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN. >>

OLN has been included in my Comcast expanded basic service here in NJ for 2-3 years.

Comcast is the local cable company in SLC, UT ... And we sure as **** have OLN.

On 7/1/03 12:59 PM, in article [email protected], "Lindsay"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
> "Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel televising
> the Tour de France"
>
> Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.
>
> http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/182/nation/Armstrong_goes_pedaling_peddling_ along+.shtml
>
> Lindsay
> ----------------------------
> "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
> difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
> remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."
>
> P.J. O'Rourke

Lindsay <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
>
> the Tour de France"
>

Comcast carries it here in Tallahassee. In fact, Comcast just sponsored a family bicycle day this
past Saturday.

Comcast is on basic cable in the Eastside area of Seattle Metro. "Lindsay"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> the Tour de France"
>
>
>
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/182/nation/Armstrong_goes_pedaling_peddlin g_along+.shtml
>
> Lindsay
> ----------------------------
> "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
> difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
> remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."
>
> P.J. O'Rourke

Comcast dumped OLN, even from their premium digital service, here in DC - which is why I
got DirecTV.

"Mike Iglesias" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Lindsay
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >The link to this article on fark.com states:
> >
> >"Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel
> >televising the Tour de France"
> >
> >Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.
>
> Same here in Costa Mesa, CA. OLN is also listed on the Comcast Digital cable lineup (which I don't
> have) for our area.

Just for the record....Comcast is a majority owner of OLN.

Comcast sponsors my local club, and carries OLN on analog and digital cable. Greg

comcast over here in connecticut recently bought out at&t and we have OLN in our digital cable
system "Mike Iglesias" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Lindsay
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >The link to this article on fark.com states:
> >
> >"Lance Armstrong sponsored by Comcast, a cable company which does not carry the channel
> >televising the Tour de France"
> >
> >Is this true around the US? Comcast bought AT&T cable here in Atlanta so I can get OLN.
>
> Same here in Costa Mesa, CA. OLN is also listed on the Comcast Digital cable lineup (which I don't
> have) for our area.
>
>
> --
> Mike Iglesias Email:
[email protected]
> University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926 Network & Academic Computing Services FAX:
> 949-824-2069

Status
Not open for further replies.