Armstrong has been tinkered with!!

Discussion in 'Doping in Cycling' started by TiMan, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Patrick1983

Patrick1983 New Member

haemitocrat levels can be decreased by "diluting" the blood
    low haemetocrats do not mean they are not on epo

2. Dead Star

Dead Star New Member

hear hear.

3. Biscayne

Biscayne New Member

Armstrong's post-Tour comments??

The CBS coverage this afternoon contained a very odd clip. Lance, standing on the podium, microphone in hand, making comments to the crowd today after the trophy presentation.

It was a very odd production cut-in, but he said something like "I'm sorry for those people. You need to believe in these riders, this is a really hard race and they're really great riders who work and train hard" ... or something to that effect.

Did anyone else catch that? Was the full comment carried on OLN or elsewhere? Was he talking about doping? B/c in the absence of full context, it sure sounded as though he was making a comment about those who would rain on the Tour parade with insinutations of doping, and demanding that people believe the peloton is clean, except those who test positive.

Can anyone shed additional light on this?

4. Flyer

Flyer Banned

Spokeking:

Hematocrit is not a critical statistic if you on on HBOCs which can 'lower' your hct whilst boosting your oxygen capacity by 50%.

This helps explain why some riders can turn the final 3 kilometers of a mountain stage into a 'win-and-out' format without breathing hard.

Blood boosting is more complex that HCT or EPO.

Such are the life sciences!

5. Flyer

Flyer Banned

Nothing said on camera is worth hearing.

Off camera remarks can always be denied later--although might be revealing nevertheless.

Off the record discussions are most insightful when massive fraud is involved.

6. Biscayne

Biscayne New Member

Let me see if I can make myself more clear for you Flyer, since you seem to be a bit challenged in the area of reading comprehension.

I didn't ask whether anyone thought Lance's comments were worth hearing. I asked whether anyone had heard the full comments and if they could elaborate on what he said.

There isn't anyone here who is unclear on how you feel about this stuff. You've repeated yourself hundreds of times, over and over, AD NAUSEUM. The more you huff and puff and act like a jerk, the more you turn people off and cause them to assume you've got a screw loose, the more you destroy your credibility, and the more likely they are to write you off as a raving lunatic.

I can tell you, from now on I for one won't believe a word you write unless it's got a link to a reputable, objective, and sane source of information.

So, unless you've got a source of such information to provide, as far as I'm concerned you're wasting your time posting your rantings in reply to my posts.

The irony, in this case, is that I'm trying to figure out what Armstrong has said, not because I'm interested in swallowing it as the truth, but because I'd like to evaluate it in terms of my assessment of his own credibility. And yes, everyone here already knows what your OPINION of his credibility is, but, as you seem wholly unaware, we're going to make up our own minds based on our own analysis, not your rantings. So spare yourself the time, and spare us the hot air.

7. Flyer

Flyer Banned

Maybe your clever link audit and independent analysis will feret out a drug cheat?

Do let us know when you confirm a cheater.

Meanwhile, for those with a knack for the bloody, and I mean bloody obvious, the facts are already in.

In 1991 when the entire PDM become desperately ill, then lied about food poisoning. We knew. In 1997, the former director told us it was EPO overdoses.

That was Miguel Indurain's first TDF victory w/o Eric Breukink, Sean Kelly, Steven Rooks, Maertin Ducrot, Gert Jan Thernisse, Martin Earley, Peter Winnen.

Wim Sanders was the offending doctor. Nobody died!

When the fans wrote EPOstal & Tous Dope, they were onto something.

8. kennf

kennf New Member

In all seriousness, do you have a link for that info. on HBOCs? I'm genuinely interested (not just trying to flame).

9. Tejano

Tejano New Member

Cyclingnews.com,
    The good old days

Lance Armstrong closes out career as top Tour de France rider ever

By Tim Maloney, European Editor in Paris

Armstrong called the podium of himself, Ivan Basso and Jan Ullrich, saying, "To end a career with this podium, it's really a dream podium. (Ullrich) is a guy that's challenged me and our team in the Tour on all levels for a long time. He's a special person. Ivan (Basso)...it's tough to race with Ivan; he's too good of a friend. He's perhaps the future of the Tour de France. So Ivan, maybe this step (of the TDF podium) is yours, or maybe it's Jan's. I'm out of it, so it's up to you guys."
    The Texan then priased his team, saying, "I couldn't have done this without an excellent team, without an excellent sponsor, the Discovery Channel; we have absolutely the best programme in the world...the best trainers, the best soigneurs and mechanics and I owe them everything. A lot of great people and I owe them everything. A lot of great people and a lot of great years have gone into this."

Armstrong then threw down a parting gauntlet, perhaps speaking more as a cancer survivor that a bike racer, saying, "the people who don't believe in cycling, the cynics, the skeptics; I (feel sorry) for you, I'm sorry you can't dream big and I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles."

Lance then switched gears, paying homage in an emotional tribute to the race that has made his life, the Tour de France. Armstrong was choked up when he told the crowd, "This is one helluva a race, this is a great sporting event and you should believe in these athletes and you should believe in these people. I'm a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live and there are no secrets; this is the hardest sporting event and hard work wins it. So Vive Le Tour, forever."

I heard his whole speech and this is basically everything he said!

10. Flyer

Flyer Banned

There are many sources to read about HBOCs (hemaglobin based oxygen carriers) and plasma substitutes. Just google.

There are many firms who mix up the brew too.

While HBOCs have been around a long time--they have never been clinically approved for use.

see a profitless biotech firm near Harvard University.

They bought out a firm that secured a license for clinical tests in humans in South Africa--on a limited basis.

www.biopure.com

The human blood dope is named Hemopure.

Check out the investor relations link--and the 'news releases' bulletins.

Also FibroGen (a private firm) is working on oral EPO. They already have it--but it is not approved.

Roche is developing CERA. A quicker acting, longer lasting, more potent EPO.

Amgen is doing the same with araNESP & EPOGEN.

Always new boosters coming. Access is the key.

11. baker3

baker3 New Member

Interesting info, is this still the case today?