Armstrong INSULTS Bernard Hinault!!

[email protected] (Ilan Vardi) wrote:
> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > So how does Armstrong account for Rasmussen and other Dutch climbers?

> If you're going there, you might as well ask how does Armstrong account
> for Armstrong, given Texas topography.

Well, they've got enough hills to drop Jason Waddell.

LANCE's prickliness leads people to underrate his occasional
flashes of a sense of humor.

"Darrell Criswell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Actuallly not too far from Austin there are many killer hills, very
> difficult cycling.

But they are *hills*, not *climbs*. I doubt there is an official definition
of a climb, but it should take at least 10 minutes at race pace to get from
the bottom to the top.

"Bob in CT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> No, Armstrong just said that he didn't know why Hinault was a great
> climber when he was from a city near the flats. He said that Hinault must
> of gone on training camps (into the mountains). I didn't think it was
> arrogant or an insult.

Unlike the Modern Era (TM), Hinault probably didn't spend more than two
weeks per year in training camps.

He actually raced his bike all season long.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:21:37 -0500, Carl Sundquist
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Bob in CT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
>> No, Armstrong just said that he didn't know why Hinault was a great
>> climber when he was from a city near the flats. He said that Hinault
>> must
>> of gone on training camps (into the mountains). I didn't think it was
>> arrogant or an insult.
>>

> Unlike the Modern Era (TM), Hinault probably didn't spend more than two
> weeks per year in training camps.
>
> He actually raced his bike all season long.

Which I also think is better -- I'd like to see more entry of good racers
into more races.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

Ilan Vardi <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Doug Kwbzxqltha" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> Armstrong is an arrogant *******, everyone in Austin knows this.

> Arrogant, maybe. *******, true, at least in the formal sense.

Ralph Bellamy:

Lee Marvin (cooly blowing smoke):
"That, my friend, is an accident of birth. You, on the other hand, are a
selfmade man."

[Final line of The Professionals]