Armstrong is hated

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Norm T

I think I know why there is so much excitement in this tour, its because age has caught up to LA and
his brash cocky Texas attitude is on his way out as Ullrich & co. are breathing down his neck.

I don't remember a Tour champ whose made so many enemies as Lance, who picks fights with a new rider
each year, whines about media coverage, is testy as all get out, and is full of excuses when he
doesn't perform. Stomach flu, dehydration, pedals not right, blah blah blah.

Ullrich looks like he has Lance's number, today's stage up Luz Ardiden will determine the champion,
Lance needs to gain at least a minute on Ullrich if he wants to win ahead of the ITT on Saturday. I
doubt he will.

Otherwise, Ullrich will overtake him in the ITT with his superior horsepower.

Ullrich is not really much better this year than in '01, its mainly Lance who has just gotten OLD.

Does that mean you are not a fan of Mr. Armstrong?

"Norm T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think I know why there is so much excitement in this tour, its because age has caught up to LA
> and his brash cocky Texas attitude is on his way out as Ullrich & co. are breathing down his neck.
>
> I don't remember a Tour champ whose made so many enemies as Lance, who picks fights with a new
> rider each year, whines about media coverage, is testy as all get out, and is full of excuses when
> he doesn't perform. Stomach flu, dehydration, pedals not right, blah blah blah.
>
> Ullrich looks like he has Lance's number, today's stage up Luz Ardiden will determine the
> champion, Lance needs to gain at least a minute on Ullrich if he wants to win ahead of the ITT on
> Saturday. I doubt he will.
>
> Otherwise, Ullrich will overtake him in the ITT with his superior horsepower.
>
> Ullrich is not really much better this year than in '01, its mainly Lance who has just gotten OLD.

Norm T wrote:
>
> I think I know why there is so much excitement in this tour, its because age has caught up to LA
> and his brash cocky Texas attitude is on his way out as Ullrich & co. are breathing down his neck.
>
> I don't remember a Tour champ whose made so many enemies as Lance, who

T is for Troll.

"pcguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p9SSa.100568$OZ2.20569@rwcrnsc54...
> Does that mean you are not a fan of Mr. Armstrong?
>
>
> "Norm T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I think I know why there is so much excitement in this tour, its because age has caught up to
> > LA and his brash cocky Texas attitude is on his way out as Ullrich & co. are breathing down
> > his neck.
> >
> > I don't remember a Tour champ whose made so many enemies as Lance, who picks fights with a new
> > rider each year, whines about media coverage, is testy as all get out, and is full of excuses
> > when he doesn't perform. Stomach flu, dehydration, pedals not right, blah blah blah.
> >
> > Ullrich looks like he has Lance's number, today's stage up Luz Ardiden will determine the
> > champion, Lance needs to gain at least a minute on Ullrich if he wants to win ahead of the ITT
> > on Saturday. I doubt he will.
> >
> > Otherwise, Ullrich will overtake him in the ITT with his superior horsepower.
> >
> > Ullrich is not really much better this year than in '01, its mainly Lance who has just
> > gotten OLD.

Who's whinning here??????????? someone upset that the little german boy isn't wearing YELLOW?

>I think I know why there is so much excitement in this tour, its because age has caught up to LA
>and his brash cocky Texas attitude is on his way out as Ullrich & co. are breathing down his neck.
>
>I don't remember a Tour champ whose made so many enemies as Lance, who picks fights with a new
>rider each year, whines about media coverage, is testy as all get out, and is full of excuses when
>he doesn't perform. Stomach flu, dehydration, pedals not right, blah blah blah.
>
>Ullrich looks like he has Lance's number, today's stage up Luz Ardiden will determine the champion,
>Lance needs to gain at least a minute on Ullrich if he wants to win ahead of the ITT on Saturday. I
>doubt he will.
>
>Otherwise, Ullrich will overtake him in the ITT with his superior horsepower.
>
>Ullrich is not really much better this year than in '01, its mainly Lance who has just gotten OLD.
>
>
>
>
>
>

Ho hum

> I don't remember a Tour champ whose made so many enemies as Lance, who picks fights with a new
> rider each year, whines about media coverage, is testy as all get out, and is full of excuses when
> he doesn't perform. Stomach flu, dehydration, pedals not right, blah blah blah.

Enemies??? Why do we have to stirr up & exaggerate? No offense, but I'd rather use the word "rivals"
than "enemies". This is just a sport, not a warzone. By the way, Armstrong and Ullrich both respect
each other like friends, which should set a good example to their fans...

Wow ! you devil you !

How did you figure it out that Lance would take a minute from Ulrich ?

Let me suggest something here : think who will be the winner this next sunday and bet on the
opposite. You'll be a millionnaire.

;)

[email protected] (Norm T) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
>
>
> Ullrich looks like he has Lance's number, today's stage up Luz Ardiden will determine the
> champion, Lance needs to gain at least a minute on Ullrich if he wants to win ahead of the ITT on
>
>
> Ullrich is not really much better this year than in '01, its mainly Lance who has just gotten OLD.

>

You are a mean, bitter and dispirited person aren't you?

>
>

You are a mean, bitter and dispirited person aren't you?

-Ken

Norm T = Moron

>
>
>
>

>
>
>
>

It is funny because the french media has been very positive to Lance and his professionalism in the
bike race and with the media. My friends in Paris claim he has more local support then ever in
France.He might be old, but he still rode away from everyone today - you might have to wait a
another year to start the Lance bashing

>From: [email protected] (K. J. Papai)

>You are a mean, bitter and dispirited person aren't you?
>
>-Ken
>

You forgot clueless too, Ken. There is very little comparison IMHO between Jan This year and the
past. He came in is shape and healthy, he's matured incredibly, and is riding a smart tactical
race. Lance seems to be slightly off but not a whole lot. The current GC is a combination of Jan
being on, Lance a little off, and Vino having the year of his life. Bill C

"TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >From: [email protected] (K. J. Papai)
>
> >You are a mean, bitter and dispirited person aren't you?
> >
> >-Ken
> >
>
> You forgot clueless too, Ken. There is very little comparison IMHO
between Jan
> This year and the past. He came in is shape and healthy, he's matured incredibly, and is riding a
> smart tactical race. Lance seems to be slightly off but not a whole lot.

I disagree. I think Ullrich is similar to other years, but Lance is off. Family troubles, crash at
the Dauphine, and THE HEAT have taken him down a notch or two.

He rode 2 minutes slower at Alpe'd'Huez. If he had that sort of form this year, his lead now would
be 6+ minutes as in previous years.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>>From: [email protected] (K. J. Papai)
>>
>>>You are a mean, bitter and dispirited person aren't you?
>>>
>>>-Ken
>>>
>>
>> You forgot clueless too, Ken. There is very little comparison IMHO
>
> between Jan
>
>>This year and the past. He came in is shape and healthy, he's matured incredibly, and is riding a
>>smart tactical race. Lance seems to be slightly off but not a whole lot.
>
>
>
>
> I disagree. I think Ullrich is similar to other years, but Lance is off. Family troubles, crash at
> the Dauphine, and THE HEAT have taken him down a notch or two.
>

The spread in the time trial results suggests otherwise:

http://www-tcad.stanford.edu/~djconnel/cycling/ITT1.pdf

> He rode 2 minutes slower at Alpe'd'Huez. If he had that sort of form this year, his lead now would
> be 6+ minutes as in previous years.

Under much different conditions.

"Daniel Connelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> >
> >
> > I disagree. I think Ullrich is similar to other years, but Lance is off. Family troubles, crash
> > at the Dauphine, and THE HEAT have taken him down
a
> > notch or two.
> >
>
> The spread in the time trial results suggests otherwise:
>
> http://www-tcad.stanford.edu/~djconnel/cycling/ITT1.pdf
>
> > He rode 2 minutes slower at Alpe'd'Huez. If he had that sort of form
this
> > year, his lead now would be 6+ minutes as in previous years.
>
>
> Under much different conditions.

In previous years he just rode everyone off his wheel and gained 2 minutes on Alpe'd'Huez. This year
Mayo goes off the front and Lance limits his losses. The difference is blatant. He's not the same
this year.

What is with the lack of love for a great performer. Of coarse age has caught up with Lance. It does with every great rider. That is why his team is stronger then ever. Can not blame him on how the Tour over the years has changed. Also Ulrich should be in better shape, what with missing the Tour last year, drug problems, drinking 'n driving, no stress to 5-peat on the Tours 100th. Lance prove a point today and rode away from Ulrich and shall do the same on the final TT.
Ulrich respects Lance, so should we......

Memph

Originally posted by Kurgan Gringion
> >
> >
> >
> > I disagree. I think Ullrich is similar to other years, but Lance is off. Family troubles, crash
> > at the Dauphine, and THE HEAT have taken him down
a
> > notch or two.
> >
>
> The spread in the time trial results suggests otherwise:
>
> http://www-tcad.stanford.edu/~djconnel/cycling/ITT1.pdf
>
> > He rode 2 minutes slower at Alpe'd'Huez. If he had that sort of form
this
> > year, his lead now would be 6+ minutes as in previous years.
>
>
> Under much different conditions.

In previous years he just rode everyone off his wheel and gained 2 minutes on Alpe'd'Huez. This year
Mayo goes off the front and Lance limits his losses. The difference is blatant. He's not the same
this year.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>
> In previous years he just rode everyone off his wheel and gained 2 minutes on Alpe'd'Huez. This
> year Mayo goes off the front and Lance limits his losses. The difference is blatant. He's not the
> same this year.
>
>
>

The tactical context of the climb was different than in 2001.

Dan

news:D[email protected]...
>
>
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> >
> > In previous years he just rode everyone off his wheel and gained 2
minutes
> > on Alpe'd'Huez. This year Mayo goes off the front and Lance limits his losses. The difference is
> > blatant. He's not the same this year.
> >
> >
> >
>
> The tactical context of the climb was different than in 2001.

Connelly -

You're a smart guy, but at the moment you are acting the role of RBR Dumbass. You're too in love
with your goddamm TT analysis. Interesting stuff, but what's more important is what's going on in
the rider's minds and bodies. You can't figure that out by analyzing the results of a single time
trial. You're starting to remind me of Norm T a few years ago, when he had the Tour all figured out
from the results of the prologue.

From the Horse's Mouth:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=results/stage14 Armstrong was 11th on the stage,
while Vinokourov closed to within 18" of the American but is still in 3rd on GC, 3" behind Ullrich.
Lance didn't show his usual smooth, fast-pedaling form on the climbs on Stage 14. "I was standing up
more than normal because... I don't know why! I said to myself, 'shoot, I'm standing up a lot'. I'm
still not 100%, and when you're lacking or when you're missing form, you just gotta rough it."

<snip>

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=results/stage13 With four Tour de France wins under
his belt, the American remained optimistic despite losing some time to Ullrich. Plus Armstrong has
the best team in the race to back him up. "The team was good today... tactics were good... the team
has been flawless the whole time. It's just me that's been having a bit of a problem."

<snip>

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=results/stage12 Maillot Jaune Lance Armstrong had
his second bad day at this years Tour de France today. A visibly depleted Armstrong, who ran out of
liquid in the final phases of today's time test, explained that "it was much more difficult for me
today than I expected. It was not a good day for me. No, it was really a bad day...

<snip>

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=results/stage8 Armstrong explained that today was
not a great day for him. "I could tell on the Galibier that I wasn't on a great day today. At that
point, I had to ride a conservative race. If you are realistic and have the experience to know it's
not a great day, you don't need to make a show. I decided to let Mayo go and cover Beloki and limit
my losses because he's close to me on GC. That worked out OK."

<snip

Dieter Buerssner wrote:
> Daniel Connelly wrote:
>
>
>>The spread in the time trial results suggests otherwise:
>>
>>http://www-tcad.stanford.edu/~djconnel/cycling/ITT1.pdf
>
>
> To emphasize your point, you could normalize the diagram to Armstrong (put him at the origin, and
> put Ullrich/Botero at place -1 with a negative time).
>
> Dieter

Good idea... I did that for time, but with a log x axis, have problem with nonpositive places, so
kept that axis unchanged.

As before: http://www-tcad.stanford.edu/~djconnel/cycling/ITT1.pdf

Dan

>
> rider each year,

Who?

whines about media coverage,

When?

> is testy as all get out, and is full of excuses when he doesn't perform. Stomach flu, dehydration,
> pedals not right, blah blah blah.
>
>

Maybe.

>

No, you are wrong. Ullrich is significantly stronger. Armstrong is older than last year, but aren't
you too? Who do you know that is not a year older than last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.