Armstrong is no Superman

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Lance Armstrong is not superman.

The six-time Tour-de-France champion is not a genetic freak and if he didn't train the way he does, a high school cyclist could compete against him, according to the author of a new study published in the June issue of the Journal of Applied Physiology.

The American cycling phenom will compete in his final Tour de France this July. Not a moment too soon, because the study claims to have discovered the secret to Mr. Armstrong's success.

"There are many stories and myths about Armstrong," Edward Coyle, a professor at the University of Texas at Austin, said. "Some people have the opinion that Lance is superhuman - that he does not fatigue. I can assure you he's just as human as anybody else."

http://topix.net/r/0a0H2TVFa7i=2FqwY3EVp2ljywWKTrKVuWqj4jlMfGc612rXPW7nkGrRszcECu=2B4F3L3DknC14LBEl5nRToExfkIAiDTZUPR4PKRpfewEmVSgIH95n8cokzNQDNAMIy83QOaaQOeZoJFlkSTCjK3aKM=2Bw=3D=3D

articlebot said:
Lance Armstrong is not superman.

The six-time Tour-de-France champion is not a genetic freak and if he didn't train the way he does, a high school cyclist could compete against him, according to the author of a new study published in the June issue of the Journal of Applied Physiology.

The American cycling phenom will compete in his final Tour de France this July. Not a moment too soon, because the study claims to have discovered the secret to Mr. Armstrong's success.

"There are many stories and myths about Armstrong," Edward Coyle, a professor at the University of Texas at Austin, said. "Some people have the opinion that Lance is superhuman - that he does not fatigue. I can assure you he's just as human as anybody else."

http://topix.net/r/0a0H2TVFa7i=2FqwY3EVp2ljywWKTrKVuWqj4jlMfGc612rXPW7nkGrRszcECu=2B4F3L3DknC14LBEl5nRToExfkIAiDTZUPR4PKRpfewEmVSgIH95n8cokzNQDNAMIy83QOaaQOeZoJFlkSTCjK3aKM=2Bw=3D=3D
He might've just not written that article, bunch of conjecture and this is what he does anecdotally. When you make statements like that, people tend to like proof or evidence to backup your claims.

Useless article.

Three minutes of my life I can't get back... lol What the heck was this?