Armstrong, Just 13 minuets Back

f1943r

Dec 27, 2006
When Lance is riding the long climbs and he is lost in his thoughts he must be thinking back to the tour when he was over 30 minuets out of the Yellow Jersey going into the mountains and three days latter he was in the Yellow Jersey. The Armstrong of just a few years ago could make up 13 minuets in one mountain stage. A 38 year old Lance is a better cyclist than 90 % of the peloton

But he's also psychologically defeated, he's already admitted he's finished, once his mind gets to that point of verbally admitting it then he's truly defeated, the will is gone.

Froze said:
But he's also psychologically defeated, he's already admitted he's finished, once his mind gets to that point of verbally admitting it then he's truly defeated, the will is gone.

Personally I blame Chickelob Ultra. How is someone supposed to compete in a man's sport while drinking a pansy drink like that swill?

Re: Armstrong, Just 13 minuets Back

What??? You mean all he needs to do to win is play 13 minuets???
What instrument does he play?

You are kidding yourself. You cannot compare being 30 minutes behind O'Grady with being 13 minutes behind Evans.

As much as I was hoping to see one last strong performance by Armstrong, there is no way he can make that kind of time up on these top contenders. Seems that thus far Radioshack is under achieving as well, which makes a comeback scenario even less likely.

He has endured a tough lead up to the tour, followed by (as they say) eating enough asphalt to lay a car pool lane to china. Hopefully he can win a stage :)

I think more accurate to say the GC hopefuls will not lose that much time to Armstrong.

f1943r said:
When Lance is riding the long climbs and he is lost in his thoughts he must be thinking back to the tour when he was over 30 minuets out of the Yellow Jersey going into the mountains and three days latter he was in the Yellow Jersey. The Armstrong of just a few years ago could make up 13 minuets in one mountain stage. A 38 year old Lance is a better cyclist than 90 % of the peloton

I think the Floyd Landis of a few years ago could make up 13 minutes on one mountain stage and then make up an incredible story to explain how he did it. Lance today? No way. Stick a fork in him.......he's done!

f1943r said:

good points and i was wondering the same thing, if maybe, just maybe he could make that time up. the other guys would have to have some very, very bad days as the likes of Evans had today. and i'd say that a 38 year old Lance is a better cyclist than 95% of the peleton.

roadhouse said:
good points and i was wondering the same thing, if maybe, just maybe he could make that time up. the other guys would have to have some very, very bad days as the likes of Evans had today. and i'd say that a 38 year old Lance is a better cyclist than 95% of the peleton.

I will have to agree with you that he is a better GC rider than domestiques and even some contenders, however do you remember the guy that finished 6th in 2005?
Probably not without looking it up, but he is racing this year also!

Bro Deal said:
Personally I blame Chickelob Ultra. How is someone supposed to compete in a man's sport while drinking a pansy drink like that swill?

You may have a point, he should have been the ad man for a small brewery like Hurlimann and drink their Samichlaus Bier; or maybe a stronger beer so he wouldn't care if he lost like Brew Dog(S) Tactical Nuclear Penguin with it's 32% alcohol content; or a major beer brewery that at least has the money to sponsor him in the style that he's accustomed to such as Guinness...BUT MY GOD ANYTHING THEN LIGHT BEER!!! barf barf barf

Okay so Evans was a bad example....

But now there's nearly 16 minutes to get back from Schleck.

Is this still going? Armstrong, himself, said he's no longer a GC contender.

You are kidding yourself. You cannot compare being 30 minutes behind O'Grady with being 13 minutes behind Evans.

with my Syntace C2 aero clipped on , no room on the bars - there is a plastic mounting post on the C2 and my old computer was on it - but from what I understand the diameter is smaller than the bars and so you have to build it up to accomodate the mounting bracket for the watch computer.

has anyone done this or does anyone have some thoughts on what material, i.e. tape , foam, etc. would work the best for the build up ?

This is easy to do, you can build it up with black electrical tape.  I always save the little rubber strips that a lot of computers and lights give you to use for such an event as this. Foam will be too soft.