Armstrong laywer condemns "un-American" investigation

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Armstrong laywer condemns "un-American" investigation
Lance Armstrong’s lawyer Brian D. Daly has condemned the federal investigation of his client and his former US Postal Service team as “un-American and a waste of taxpayers’ money". Further allegations of doping in the US Postal Service squad were published in the New York Times yesterday, citing an unnamed former team rider as a source.
Link: Armstrong Laywer Condemns "un-American" Investigation | Cyclingnews.com

This is an interesting approach;

“The power of the federal government is being abused to pursue dated and discredited allegations, and that’s flat-out wrong, unethical, un-American, and a waste of taxpayer dollars.”

To me it a typical response when you have no credible response.I am not saying anyone is guilty or not but I have seen similar tactics before.
Attack your attacker rather than answering the complaint.

oops, I just noticed that this was posted, I posted the exact same thing up above.

Typical American lawyer, assackward first response when the clues haven't been presented to them. I think they're fretting.

Meanwhile, Lance Armstrong’s defence attorney Bryan D. Daly has sought to dismiss the allegations of doping at the US Postal Service team as an attempt to persecute his client.
“They just want to incriminate Lance Armstrong and that’s my concern,” Daly said. “If Lance Armstrong came in second in those Tour de France races, there’s no way that Lance Armstrong would be involved in these cases. I think that the concern is that they are caught up in the pursuit of a celebrity to catch him in a lie.”

(excerpted from this article US Postal Investigation Gathers Pace | Cyclingnews.com)

I just love that last little nugget! LOL!
Yep, they want to catch your client in his extremely long and tangled web of lies - to the American public, to Federal Investigators, to your teammates, to your employers, while giving testimony under sworn oath, to your kids, to your spouse, etc, etc, ...
And countless other big name athletes have been put under these similar investigations, but LA is supposed to be different. It's "un-American" to investigate the Godfather of American cycling. LOL! The sooner his house of cards falls the better - so this mess can shelved away and forgotten...

funny , i was stuck on that as well because almost everyone, second and third against Lance, has come up positive and the UCI has caught them but they didn't 'donate' $125,000 to the UCI.

so much for that argument.

Well, he is more then entitled to defend his client and their case by publicly mouthing off those subliminal messages but in truth and by fact and by US law, the statute of limitations was not over so nothing is out dated, unethical and certainly nothing is un-American and this "waist of taxpayer's dollars" is what is under investigation, the real unethical question at hand.

Heck, if not for Lance Armstrong, this douche of an ass bag hat would be unemployed and in this time of high recession, I'm certain that deep down he's thankful he's making millions, the American way.

Lawyers more and more do nothing more than resemble pouting preshcool thespians...and bad ones at that.

McQuaid Suggests US Postal Investigation Sparked By Personal Vendetta | Cyclingnews.com

My first thought at this headline was, "So what?". Personal vendetta or not, if the house of cards needs a personal shove to come down - let the sucker crash and burn. Landis knew what he had to do in order to take on the Godfather...

Interestingly, LA just hired a spin-doctor Armstrong Adds Communications Strategist To Defence Team | Cyclingnews.com It'll be interested to hear in the upcoming months what's coming from the LA camp - he'll probably be showing up at a ton of children's hospitals mugging for the cameras...