Armstrong lied last year.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valer, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Lance told a lie during last year's tdf that still bothers me. I forget the stage, but does anyone
    remember a desperate Lance trying to convince the OLN guy that he had brake pad rubbing on the rim
    the whole stage. Are you going to tell me, that Lance and his whole support team arn't going to
    notice that? Why would lie to all of us like that? Was it Halliburton?

    Tags:

  2. Hardwarelust

    Hardwarelust Guest

    > Lance told a lie during last year's tdf that still bothers me. I
    forget
    > the stage, but does anyone remember a desperate Lance trying to convince
    the
    > OLN guy that he had brake pad rubbing on the rim the whole stage. Are you going to tell me, that
    > Lance and his whole support team arn't going to notice that? Why would lie to all of us like that?
    > Was it Halliburton?

    Even if he was lying (which of course you don't *really* know if he was lying, you're just
    speculating), what difference does it possibly make? He still won his 5th tour in a row, rubbing
    brake pad or not.

    If your or I can't think of a good reason (or any reason) for him to lie like that, then it's likely
    that it's actually the truth!

    And, yes, I do remember. I still have it on tape.

    I seriously doubt Dick Cheney has his hands on this one, although it is entirely possible. ;-)

  3. pedalchick

    pedalchick New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2003
    I heard it was an insider job - apparently Roberto Heras intentionally fell over on Lance to stop him, and then when he got up he reached over and adjusted Lance's brake pads to rub just ever so slightly so he wouldn't notice. This is because Roberto didn't want to have to ride so hard on the final climb so he could save his legs for the Vuelta, thus ensuring his signing to a new team that would allow him to ride for victory in the 2004 TdF.

    Seriously though, if I hear one more rehash of the 2003 TdF I am going to puke. Don't you people have anything better to spend your lives worrying about than the furcking TOUR? Jesus tap dancing Christ.

    The Tour de France is the worst thing to happen to bike racing - no, strike that, UCI rankings are the worst thing to happen to bike racing, but the TdF isn't far behind. Every other race dwarfs in comparison, so they invariably get shafted in one way or another. Every Div.1 team has to worry and focus all their efforts on the tour to survive. It's easy for the society of Le Tour to effectively ruin any team or rider they choose to take a disliking to just by excluding them from their event. Sure, Mario Cipollini can survive, but his exclusion from the tour has hurt his career - his team isn't even Div1 this year because he pissed off LeBlanc.

    All spring, every cycling magazine and website is either rehashing last year's tour or predicting what will happen in this year's tour. After the tour, they spend months talking about the events in the tour and re-capping every detail. It's a never ending cycle from TdF to TdF. It's really quite annoying and gets really really old. I enjoy the hell out of the Tour while it's on and get into making my little fantasy team before the tour., but once it's over, it's history and it's best to just move on and enjoy the other races that grace the world of cycling, n'est pas?

    Now, can we please get back to talking about Lance's lovelife and postulating how Sheryl Crow is in the sack? Maybe post a list of pro riders and their favorite flavor of doughnuts? Puhllleeeeeeeze?

  4. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    Sheryl is just OK in the sack. She's a lot more "conventional" than you might infer from her stage act, not adventerous at all and more than a little hung up on her saggy boobs. Only in the bedroom and only on the bed, no food can be involved, she insists that the lights be out and she likes the nastiest incense and cheesey pseudo classical music.

    I give her a B, extra credit for being noisy. I'm sure Lance will back me on this one.

  5. Beetlebum

    Beetlebum New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2003
    All spring, every cycling magazine and website is either rehashing last year's tour or predicting what will happen in this year's tour. After the tour, they spend months talking about the events in the tour and re-capping every detail. It's a never ending cycle from TdF to TdF. It's really quite annoying and gets really really old. I enjoy the hell out of the Tour while it's on and get into making my little fantasy team before the tour., but once it's over, it's history and it's best to just move on and enjoy the other races that grace the world of cycling, n'est pas?

    Well said!!! Agree with you 100%

  6. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    besides that she doesnt even know how to hold it with both hands. maybe some of what I taught her
    helped him out. I could only hope...

  7. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]news.com...
    > besides that she doesnt even know how to hold it with both hands. maybe
    some
    > of what I taught her helped him out. I could only hope...

    Why would she need two hands for him given his altered anatomy? Unless he had VDB's vet install
    a Neutical.

  8. On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:28:48 GMT, B. Lafferty wrote:
    > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> besides that she doesnt even know how to hold it with both hands.
    >
    > Why would she need two hands

    Some men have more than 4 inches. Yes, really.

  9. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Lance told a lie during last year's tdf that still bothers me.

    It should not bother you.

    If Jesus Christ came back to Earth and promptly got really sick, like throwing up and peeing out his
    butt, would you want The Almighty to say "sorry guys i guess omnipotence doesn't cover the flu" or
    would you want him to concoct some sort of story about how the Devil(tm) was giving him a really
    really hard time?

  10. Xzzy

    Xzzy Guest

    pedalchick:

    The Tour de France is the worst thing to happen to bike racing - no, strike that, UCI rankings are
    the worst thing to happen to bike racing, but the TdF isn't far behind. Every other race dwarfs in
    comparison, so they invariably get shafted in one way or another. Every Div.1 team has to worry and
    focus all their efforts on the tour to survive. It's easy for the society of Le Tour to effectively
    ruin any team or rider they choose to take a disliking to just by excluding them from their event.

    = the best words ever written in this newsgroup.

    John Bickmore

    "pedalchick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Callistus Valer wrote:
    > > Lance told a lie during last year's tdf that still bothers me. I
    forget
    > > the stage, but does anyone remember a desperate Lance trying to
    convince
    > > the OLN guy that he had brake pad rubbing on the rim the whole stage. Are you going to tell
    > > me, that Lance and his whole support team arn't going to notice that? Why would lie to all of
    > > us like that? Was it Halliburton?
    >

    > I heard it was an insider job - apparently Roberto Heras intentionally fell over on Lance to stop
    > him, and then when he got up he reached over and adjusted Lance's brake pads to rub just ever so
    > slightly so he wouldn't notice. This is because Roberto didn't want to have to ride so hard on the
    > final climb so he could save his legs for the Vuelta, thus ensuring his signing to a new team that
    > would allow him to ride for victory in the 2004 TdF.
    >
    > Seriously though, if I hear one more rehash of the 2003 TdF I am going to puke. Don't you people
    > have anything better to spend your lives worrying about than the furcking TOUR? Jesus tap
    > dancing Christ.
    >
    > The Tour de France is the worst thing to happen to bike racing - no, strike that, UCI rankings are
    > the worst thing to happen to bike racing, but the TdF isn't far behind. Every other race dwarfs in
    > comparison, so they invariably get shafted in one way or another. Every Div.1 team has to worry
    > and focus all their efforts on the tour to survive. It's easy for the society of Le Tour to
    > effectively ruin any team or rider they choose to take a disliking to just by excluding them from
    > their event. Sure, Mario Cipollini can survive, but his exclusion from the tour has hurt his
    > career - his team isn't even Div1 this year because he pissed off LeBlanc.
    >
    > All spring, every cycling magazine and website is either rehashing last year's tour or predicting
    > what will happen in this year's tour. After the tour, they spend months talking about the events
    > in the tour and re-capping every detail. It's a never ending cycle from TdF to TdF. It's really
    > quite annoying and gets really really old. I enjoy the hell out of the Tour while it's on and get
    > into making my little fantasy team before the tour., but once it's over, it's history and it's
    > best to just move on and enjoy the other races that grace the world of cycling, n'est pas?
    >
    > Now, can we please get back to talking about Lance's lovelife and postulating how Sheryl Crow is
    > in the sack? Maybe post a list of pro riders and their favorite flavor of doughnuts?
    > Puhllleeeeeeeze?
    >

    > --

  11. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > Some men have more than 4 inches. Yes, really.

    And if not then, if the junk folder of my inbox is to be believed, there are plenty of enlarging
    options available with or without a money back option.

  12. pedalchick

    pedalchick New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2003
    Ooh! good one - Laughatme, you really left yourself wide open for that one.

    So, I'm confused. Is Lance hung or not? And what about the doughnuts?

  13. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    hell ya he hung, hung like a chiwawwa....

    "pedalchick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Ooh! good one - Laughatme, you really left yourself wide open for that one.
    >
    > So, I'm confused. Is Lance hung or not? And what about the doughnuts?

  14. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    xzzy wrote:
    > pedalchick:
    >
    > The Tour de France is the worst thing to happen to bike racing - no, strike that, UCI rankings are
    > the worst thing to happen to bike racing, but the TdF isn't far behind. Every other race dwarfs in
    > comparison, so they invariably get shafted in one way or another. Every Div.1 team has to worry
    > and focus all their efforts on the tour to survive. It's easy for the society of Le Tour to
    > effectively ruin any team or rider they choose to take a disliking to just by excluding them from
    > their event.
    >
    > = the best words ever written in this newsgroup.
    >
    > John Bickmore

    I agree! Cycling would be far better off without top-class events. Then it would be purer and
    better. Like ping pong and professional cheerleading.

    Dan

  15. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    pedalchick <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Sure, Mario Cipollini can survive, but his exclusion from the tour has hurt his career - his team
    > isn't even Div1 this year because he pissed off LeBlanc.

    Cipo was excluded from the Tour because he is an enormous pain in the ass and because the Tour
    doesn't need even him. Think about it. Cipo wins the Intergiro jersey in the Giro. This is something
    someone has paid money to sponsor. But Cipo doesn't want to wear it, he'd rather wear his rainbow
    stripes. They have to threaten to kick him out to get him to wear it.

    This happens not long before the last wildcards are announced. Ask yourself what is going through
    Leblanc's head at this time.

    Cipo is a pain in the ass. His team is TT2 because he didn't want to be bothered to race when he
    didn't feel like it and because his team sucks. You would have to be very optimistic to picture them
    capturing enough points in the first week of the Tour to stay TT1.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  16. Curt

    Curt Guest

    Why are there so many people that attack Lance? All I can figure is jealousy. Lets face it, there is
    only one Lance A and he is the greatest. This time next year, he will be in a league of his own. The
    greatest rider ever!

    Enjoy, Curt

    > Lance told a lie during last year's tdf that still bothers me. I
    forget
    > the stage, but does anyone remember a desperate Lance trying to convince
    the
    > OLN guy that he had brake pad rubbing on the rim the whole stage. Are you going to tell me, that
    > Lance and his whole support team arn't going to notice that? Why would lie to all of us like that?
    > Was it Halliburton?

  17. T A

    T A Guest

  18. xzzy wrote:
    > pedalchick:
    >
    > The Tour de France is the worst thing to happen to bike racing - no,

    > = the best words ever written in this newsgroup.
    > John Bickmore

    Delusional.

  19. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    curt wrote:
    > Why are there so many people that attack Lance? All I can figure is jealousy.

    That's an old excuse and it's wrong.