Armstrong lied last year.

"Dan Connelly" <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> gilster wrote:

> Yeah, Cipo was "barely able to eek out victories" against Petacchi.

Dumbass -

Petacchi won 6 stages of the Giro, more than he won in the Tour.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> "Dan Connelly" <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>gilster wrote:
>

>>Yeah, Cipo was "barely able to eek out victories" against Petacchi.
>

> Dumbass -
>

> Petacchi won 6 stages of the Giro, more than he won in the Tour.

Cipollini crashed out of the Giro. By that point, he was 3 to Cipo's 2 -- hardly overwheling. P got
more top 5's, but the issue is wins.

relevent stages: stage 1 : 1. P, 2. C stage 2. 1. Baldato, 4. P, C missed the split stage 3: 1.
Garzelli, 3. P, C missed the split stage 4: 1. McEwen, 2. P, C missed the split stage 5: 1. P, 2.
C stage 6: 1. P, 6. C stage 7: hilly stage 8: 1. C, 3. P stage 9: 1. C, 3. P stage 10: hilly
stage 11: crash

> > I don't know if you've ever ridden a bike with a dragging brake before
but
> > it only has to be touching slightly to be a HUGE energy drain.
>
> I check it habitually, because it always feels like it's touching. Something slowin' the bike
> down, I just haven't found it yet.

Consider a lard ass.

Dennis P. Harris wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:15:33 GMT in rec.bicycles.racing, "Callistus Valerius"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> ance told a lie during last year's tdf that still bothers me. I forget the stage, but does anyone
>> remember a desperate Lance trying to convince the OLN guy that he had brake pad rubbing on the
>> rim the whole stage. Are you going to tell me, that Lance and his whole support team arn't going
>> to notice that?
>
> yes.
>
> you are just a slimy smear troll, out to smear the greatest athlete in the world. your posts are
> nothing but hateful spew that i certainly don't want to waste any more time on.
>
> PLONK.

Yes, but you wasted time replying, which makes you as big a sucker as curt.

curt wrote:
> People go after him all the time. There is jealousy involved I am convinced.

You're delusional then. Let's see...Lance is/was:
1. He was raised in a broken home,
2. He GOT cancer,
3. He married a woman who looks like his mother, in fine Freudian fashion,
4. He has little education, with no apparent skills outside of athletic performance,
5. Although many people consider him attractive, I have to wonder what they're smoking,
6. Now he's shagging a washed-up dishrag of a pop music artist.

Jealousy is an old accusation, and it's wrong. People bust on Lance because he represents much of
what is wrong in cycling today.

Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dennis P. Harris wrote:

> > you are just a slimy smear troll, out to smear the greatest athlete in the world. your posts are
> > nothing but hateful spew that i certainly don't want to waste any more time on.
> >
> > PLONK.
> >
> Yes, but you wasted time replying, which makes you as big a sucker as curt.

The only time Dumbass P. Harris posts to this newsgroup is to PLONK somebody who offends against the
graven image of LANCE. And to ***** about TV schedules. Many former rbr posters have left the sport
after the shame and ignominy of being PLONKed by Mr. Harris, I fear.

Ben actually RACED a BICYCLE today

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> curt wrote:
> > People go after him all the time. There is jealousy involved I am convinced.
> >
> You're delusional then. Let's see...Lance is/was:
> 1. He was raised in a broken home,
> 2. He GOT cancer,
> 3. He married a woman who looks like his mother, in fine Freudian fashion,
> 4. He has little education, with no apparent skills outside of athletic performance,
> 5. Although many people consider him attractive, I have to wonder what they're smoking,
> 6. Now he's shagging a washed-up dishrag of a pop music artist.
>
> Jealousy is an old accusation, and it's wrong. People bust on Lance
because
> he represents much of what is wrong in cycling today.

Man, you really do hate him. I am glad I don't a demeanor like you. No offense, I am just giving
constructive criticism. If you read your post a few times you will see jealousy all through it. You
mention his lack of education, married to a washed up dishrag (who are you to judge) and you call
him ugly by saying people are smoking something if they think he is attractive. Ummm, you are
jealous of him. It is quite clear. People don't attack people like that unless they are jealous. I
have been on this earth too long not to see it.

Do your best and try being honest with yourself. You will feel better about yourself if you work
on it. Curt

"Dan Connelly" <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
news:eek:ZfVb.22510$h%[email protected]...
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> >

> Cipollini crashed out of the Giro. By that point, he was 3 to Cipo's 2 -- hardly overwheling. P
> got more top 5's, but the issue is wins.

Dumbass -

You are correct.

The TdF was the worst ever - because The Lion Queen was MIA.

In article <[email protected]>,
"curt" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Man, you really do hate him. I am glad I don't a demeanor like you. No offense, I am just giving
> constructive criticism. If you read your post a few times you will see jealousy all through it.
> You mention his lack of education, married to a washed up dishrag (who are you to judge) and you
> call him ugly by saying people are smoking something if they think he is attractive. Ummm, you are
> jealous of him. It is quite clear. People don't attack people like that unless they are jealous. I
> have been on this earth too long not to see it.
>
> Do your best and try being honest with yourself. You will feel better about yourself if you work
> on it. Curt

Damn, I sure hope you're trolling. Because if you aren't...

--
tanx, Howard

"We're not laughing -at- you, we're laughing -with- you..) "But... I'm not
laughing???" Happiness

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> You are correct.
>

> The TdF was the worst ever - because The Lion Queen was MIA.

The TdF was the best ever, because Brioches la Boulangere made the cut.

Dan

curt wrote:

> Man, you really do hate him.

I don't waste my energy on an emotion as consuming as hate. I just don't care one way of the other
about the man. I was just listing some of the reasons (not all) _not_ to be jealous of him. It was
done during my morning coffee, so no skin off my back.

> You mention his lack of education, married to a washed up dishrag (who are you to judge)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am certainly not jealous of your reading comprehension skills, since I did not say this. You're
combining two points into one.

> Ummm, you are jealous of him. It is quite clear.

And you are quite deluded. I am quite satisfied with where I am in my life at the moment; I am
jealous of no-one, especially a pro bike racer. The constant pressure to perform, living out of a
suitcase 8 months of the year, the need to ruin your body with drugs to win races, the uncertain year-to-
year employment--who needs that?

."Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> curt wrote:
> > People go after him all the time. There is jealousy involved I am convinced.
> >
> You're delusional then. Let's see...Lance is/was:
> 1. He was raised in a broken home,

So was Shakespeare.

> 2. He GOT cancer

So has a large proportion of the population.

> 3. He married a woman who looks like his mother, in fine Freudian fashion,

She was blond and thin. In person they didn't look even nearly alike.

> 4. He has little education, with no apparent skills outside of athletic performance,

What else does he need. I'll bet you he ends up in some sort of admin position after he
stops riding.

> 5. Although many people consider him attractive, I have to wonder what they're smoking,

In person he doesn't look bad. Remember that he's skinny as a rail as befits a Tour rider. After he
puts some weight on he'll look a hell of a lot better than LeMond.

> 6. Now he's shagging a washed-up dishrag of a pop music artist.

True.

> Jealousy is an old accusation, and it's wrong. People bust on Lance
because
> he represents much of what is wrong in cycling today.

And do you think that winning by dogged application is wrong?

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> curt wrote:
> > People go after him all the time. There is jealousy involved I am convinced.
> >
> You're delusional then. Let's see...Lance is/was:
> 1. He was raised in a broken home,
> 2. He GOT cancer,
> 3. He married a woman who looks like his mother, in fine Freudian fashion,
> 4. He has little education, with no apparent skills outside of athletic performance,
> 5. Although many people consider him attractive, I have to wonder what they're smoking,
> 6. Now he's shagging a washed-up dishrag of a pop music artist.

<snip>

Wow.

You just proved it.

Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote:

> What do you mean the Tour didn't need him? He showed in the Giro he was competitive with Petacchi.
> At the Tour, it would have been a Cipo-Pitacchi showdown. Instead, Pitacchi won sprints at will
> until the first mountain stage, when it was Ciao. The first week, which is supposed to be a
> sprinter's battle, became almost pro-forma. If dominance is because you're the best, it's fine.
> But when the competition isn't present, it's another matter.

> The Tour would have been a lot better w/ Cipo there.

Sprinter's battles are a sideshow. They are here today and gone tomorrow. They get attention because
there is nothing else going on.

Some no-hope French guy like Simon taking the jersey as the result of a long breakaway on an early
stage and then fighting valiantly to stay ahead of the lawnmowers once the race gets to the real
stages, *that's* how you generate interest in the first week. The race is more interesting if you
get rid of the teams that will blow themselves out to keep it all together for the sprints. That
puts more pressure on the teams of the contenders and opens up more tactical possibilities that are
meaningful for a race as a whole.

If there is one thing that Leblanc knows with absolute certainty it is that Cipo will not pass on an
opportunity to show some sort of disrespect. So he takes Cipo's team into the water closet and
flushes. No one should be surprised by this.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

Spring is coming, but until then........... I can't resist

> ."Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > curt wrote:
> > > People go after him all the time. There is jealousy involved I am convinced.
> > >
> > You're delusional then. Let's see...Lance is/was:
> > 1. He was raised in a broken home,
>
> So was Shakespeare.

Maybe Lance is writing sonnets to Cheryl. Great art comes from suffering and tragedy. Can Lance
carry a tune?

> > 2. He GOT cancer
>
> So has a large proportion of the population.
>
> > 3. He married a woman who looks like his mother, in fine Freudian
fashion,

> She was blond and thin. In person they didn't look even nearly alike.

Tom, take a look at some of the photos of Lance's mother and Kristin taken after he won his
first Tour. He married a mother look-a-like.

> > 4. He has little education, with no apparent skills outside of athletic performance,
>
> What else does he need. I'll bet you he ends up in some sort of admin position after he
> stops riding.

Ignorance has it's advantages, especially in Texas/Republican politics. Look for Lance to be serving
the Junta in a few years.

> > 5. Although many people consider him attractive, I have to wonder what they're smoking,
>
> In person he doesn't look bad. Remember that he's skinny as a rail as
befits
> a Tour rider. After he puts some weight on he'll look a hell of a lot
better
> than LeMond.

A Shiner gut may be problematic. Cheryl won't like it.

> > 6. Now he's shagging a washed-up dishrag of a pop music artist.
>
> True.

Just because she recently released a greatest hits cd, doesn't mean that her career is over. The
relationship with Lance could be a relaunching pad, particularly after she visits a good Dallas
plastic surgeon. What size breasts do Kristin and his mom have?

> > Jealousy is an old accusation, and it's wrong. People bust on Lance
> because
> > he represents much of what is wrong in cycling today.
>
> And do you think that winning by dogged application is wrong?

I would be nice to see him try to win LBL again as he did in 2003. That was histerical to watch
with all of Lance's tactical nous. It's my favorite dvd for now.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote:
>

>>What do you mean the Tour didn't need him? He showed in the Giro he was competitive with Petacchi.
>>At the Tour, it would have been a Cipo-Pitacchi showdown. Instead, Pitacchi won sprints at will
>>until the first mountain stage, when it was Ciao. The first week, which is supposed to be a
>>sprinter's battle, became almost pro-forma. If dominance is because you're the best, it's fine.
>>But when the competition isn't present, it's another matter.
>

>>The Tour would have been a lot better w/ Cipo there.
>

> Sprinter's battles are a sideshow. They are here today and gone tomorrow. They get attention
> because there is nothing else going on.
>
> Some no-hope French guy like Simon taking the jersey as the result of a long breakaway on an early
> stage and then fighting valiantly to stay ahead of the lawnmowers once the race gets to the real
> stages, *that's* how you generate interest in the first week. The race is more interesting if you
> get rid of the teams that will blow themselves out to keep it all together for the sprints. That
> puts more pressure on the teams of the contenders and opens up more tactical possibilities that
> are meaningful for a race as a whole.
>
> If there is one thing that Leblanc knows with absolute certainty it is that Cipo will not pass on
> an opportunity to show some sort of disrespect. So he takes Cipo's team into the water closet and
> flushes. No one should be surprised by this.

So I can conclude from this the Tour would have been better without Petacchi? He was never a long-
breakaway threat, and showed himself to be a world-class acrophobe.

Dan

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote:
>
> > What do you mean the Tour didn't need him? He showed in the Giro he was competitive with
> > Petacchi. At the Tour, it would have been a
Cipo-Pitacchi
> > showdown. Instead, Pitacchi won sprints at will until the first
mountain
> > stage, when it was Ciao. The first week, which is supposed to be a
sprinter's
> > battle, became almost pro-forma. If dominance is because you're the best, it's fine. But when
> > the competition isn't present, it's another
matter.

> > The Tour would have been a lot better w/ Cipo there.
>
> Sprinter's battles are a sideshow. They are here today and gone tomorrow. They get attention
> because there is nothing else going on.

Don't tell that to the guys interested in the Points Jersey. I wonder how different the racing
is now, with intermediate points on offer, as compared to the dreaded old days when points were
given at the end of the stage.

> Some no-hope French guy like Simon taking the jersey as the result of a long breakaway on an early
> stage and then fighting valiantly to stay ahead of the lawnmowers once the race gets to the real
> stages, *that's* how you generate interest in the first week. The race is more interesting if you
> get rid of the teams that will blow themselves out to keep it all together for the sprints. That
> puts more pressure on the teams of the contenders and opens up more tactical possibilities that
> are meaningful for a race as a whole.

While I agree that this is potentially great drama, how often does it happen. Simon yes. Off the
top of my head I recall Pensec, Chiapucci and Walko. Who else? There no doubt are other
instances.

> If there is one thing that Leblanc knows with absolute certainty it is that Cipo will not pass on
> an opportunity to show some sort of disrespect. So he takes Cipo's team into the water closet and
> flushes. No one should be surprised by this.

If Cipo had just once finished the Tour, he'd have an argument for inclusion.

> While I agree that this is potentially great drama, how often does it happen. Simon yes. Off
> the top of my head I recall Pensec, Chiapucci and Walko. Who else? There no doubt are other
> instances.

Dumbass -

Kivilev.

He had 15 minutes and could climb. Even made it to the last group of 4 on the first climbing day
before cracking. If only he could have found more inspiration from yellow, perhaps he could have
held off your hero LANCE.

Sorry for replying so late 'cause I had a hockey tourney this weekend, but yes. I raced in Europe
for six seasons, four of which were as an Elite in Switzerland. At the time, a large number of the
races were open and we raced and trained with all those guys all the time. My training partner was a
former TdF stage winner and gave me the whole inside track. Plus, about a two dozen other guys told
me the same thing. I talked to a guy with a Stanley Cup ring from around here and he told me the
same thing about the Stanley Cup finals; it's way tougher than any other game or series.

James

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> James P. Spooner wrote:
> > If you talk to any pro that has ridden the TdF he would tell you that it's unlike any other race
> > in difficulty.
>
> You've talked to pros and they've said this to you?
>
> Anyway, here's one of the few studies that's looked at physiological load:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_ui
ds=12750600&dopt=Abstract

Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote:
> So I can conclude from this the Tour would have been better without Petacchi? He was never a long-
> breakaway threat, and showed himself to be a world-class acrophobe.

Ask yourself how the first week of the Tour would rate if it were a stand alone event. The
sprinter's battles are a sideshow.

If Petacchi ever shows himself to be the pain in the ass that Cipo is he will find out just how
central he is to the Tour's success. Cipo did not get flushed because he meant nothing to the Tour.
He got flushed because what he brought to the Tour did not outweigh being a pain in the ass.

I say it again. Cipo was causing problems for the Giro not long before the wildcard announcement.
His timing was awful. Nobody screws with the sponsors. Nobody.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]