Armstrong lied last year.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 04:07:22 GMT, Dan Connelly wrote:
>> Paul Kochlie (sp?)
>
> Paul Koechli

Or indeed Köchli, with o-umlaut.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 04:07:22 GMT, Dan Connelly wrote:
>
>>>Paul Kochlie (sp?)
>>
>>Paul Koechli
>

> Or indeed Köchli, with o-umlaut.

Right. For his email address (no ö allowed), however, he uses the e. My keyboard doesn't have an
explicit ö) :

/Mitgliederinfos/Mitgl_Adressen/MitgliederDetail/mitgliederdetail_13.html+Paul+Koechli&hl=en&ie=UTF-
8

It appears the "oe" spelling is an accepted alternate:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Paul+Koechli&btnG=Google+Search

Dan

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:47:58 GMT, Dan Connelly wrote:
> My keyboard doesn't have an explicit ö

Mine neither, but the 'US International' keyboard setting makes the sequence "o into ö. Downside, to
get a quote (single or double) one has to type an extra space (or a character that cannot be
accented).

> It appears the "oe" spelling is an accepted alternate:

Even official, in general -e for all umlauted characters, likewise ss for ß, although some words
seem to have a preferred spelling.