Armstrong makes Gerdemann the new Simeoni

Rolfrae

Sep 15, 2006
This below from cyclingnews.com. I can't wait to see Armstrong get his **** kicked by some young punk, preferably Linus.

Recently, German rider Linus Gerdemann said that Armstrong's return may not be in the best interest for the sport's credibility. "He's right, I am older. I raced with Sean Kelly, Stephen Roche, Miguel Indurain and Greg Lemond of all people. I have been around a long time and I don't know who the hell Linus Gerdemann is, but I know that when I rolled up in 1992, I started winning races. And when I roll up in 2009, I am gonna be winning races. He better hope he doesn't get in a breakaway with me because I can still ride hard," said the Texan.

Rolfrae said:
This below from cyclingnews.com. I can't wait to see Armstrong get his **** kicked by some young punk, preferably Linus.

Recently, German rider Linus Gerdemann said that Armstrong's return may not be in the best interest for the sport's credibility. "He's right, I am older. I raced with Sean Kelly, Stephen Roche, Miguel Indurain and Greg Lemond of all people. I have been around a long time and I don't know who the hell Linus Gerdemann is, but I know that when I rolled up in 1992, I started winning races. And when I roll up in 2009, I am gonna be winning races. He better hope he doesn't get in a breakaway with me because I can still ride hard," said the Texan.
"Hey! What do you think you're doing?"
- Just riding at the back of this escape group...
"But you have the maillot jaune!"
- Well I'll drop back if Gerdemann comes with me..."
etc. etc. you know the rest

Rolfrae said:

I think you will be waiting a looooong time.

It was Linus who made himself the Simeoni, by spitting in the soup.
He also has a past affiliation with Cecchini...and his former team is up to its ears in new ongoing doping allegations.

Cute move Linus.
We'll see how the racing goes this year for Miss Gerdeman.

Rolfrae said:

Finishing last in San Sebastian, more like.

I was at D'Huez and Guize Neige in 1995 - I stood on the roadside as Indurain, Zulle etc pedalled furiously to try to catch a flying Pantani.
Behind them the bunch was smashed to smithereens.
Riders all over the road.
Naturally.

As I always do, I stayed to watch all of the remaining cyclists pedal up both climbs.
Fair play to him, Armstrong held on at the back of both groups, on both stages to finish both stages.

limerickman said:
Finishing last in San Sebastian, more like.

I was at D'Huez and Guize Neige in 1995 - I stood on the roadside as Indurain, Zulle etc pedalled furiously to try to catch a flying Pantani.
Behind them the bunch was smashed to smithereens.
Riders all over the road.
Naturally.

As I always do, I stayed to watch all of the remaining cyclists pedal up both climbs.
Fair play to him, Armstrong held on at the back of both groups, on both stages to finish both stages.
Let's see you ride with cancer.

But wait.........
there's more.

from cyclingnews.
Spitz says doctor offered her EPO

Olympic cross country mountain bike gold-medal winner Sabine Spitz said that she was offered EPO and other doping products by a sports doctor in 2003.

"I would rather ride behind the others" than dope, she told the German magazine Sport-Bild.

Shortly afterwards, she became the world mountain bike champion, "and that showed me: It is possible to win clean. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror every morning."

Spitz, 36, clarified in a separate press release that it was not a doctor from the Bund Deutscher Radfahrer (BDR, German federation). She did not name the doctor.

As deterrent to doping, she suggested life-long bans or prison. "For me, doping is cheating and criminal. If there is a threat of imprisonment, then maybe people will think twice before they take some illegal product."

She also said that she did not think that Lance Armstrong's return would be beneficial to cycling. She said that there are test from the 1999 Tour de France which link him to EPO use, and "I absolutely do not understand, why he is welcomed back with open arms."

There has been quite a few that have raised questions along the lines of Gerdemann & Spitz.
Only seen any reply to Gerdemann so far though.

No_Positives said:
Let's see you ride with cancer.
Just because he had cancer doesn't absolve him of all sins. Let's see him ride without EPO and blood doping.

Call me old school but Linus needs to ride more and talk less.

Compared to Lance - Linus is a newbie hacker.

That said...

I'm hoping Linus shows him a clean pair of heels in July - legs speak infinitely louder than mouths...

Eldron, you have not proved enough to write on this forum!
Only the Gods like us have the right.

Wonderfull world like this.

tonyzackery said:
It was a foregone conclusion anyway, but the order of testing and the exclusivity of LA's testing time continues to reiterate who is the top banana at Astana...Poor Alberto...
And who will receive the best products and has the exclusivity of "The Doctor"

Would have thought he already knows what his best position is? Then again i suppose these old guys cant bend over as far so its fair enough i suppose:D

poulidor said:
And who will receive the best products and has the exclusivity of "The Doctor"

Good point. I wonder if Alberto will get the same gear as Armstrong ? Do you think Ferrari will hold off giving him the best plasma ?

Lance has already a big advantage on Contador by storing a lot of blood. Some people stated that he was programming his come-back since April....
A steroid cure before entering pool testing of WADA to rebuild his muscles... Why a runner or a rider would have boobs if does'nt use PED?

poulidor said:
Eldron, you have not proved enough to write on this forum!
Only the Gods like us have the right.

Wonderfull world like this.

You're confusing quantity with quality.

Writing 800, 1000 or 10,000 posts on a forum is the cycling equivalent of pushing a 39x21. On a downhill. With a tailwind. Winning 7 tours on the other hand commands a fair amount of respect.

Perhaps you should read the last 6 words of my post again - they appear to have sailed over your head like an airship called comprehension.

Eldron said:
You're confusing quantity with quality.

Writing 800, 1000 or 10,000 posts on a forum is the cycling equivalent of pushing a 39x21. On a downhill. With a tailwind.
lolz

Eldron said:
My post appears to have sailed over your head like an airship called comprehension.
Gold.