Armstrong makes Gerdemann the new Simeoni

Eldron said:
Writing 800, 1000 or 10,000 posts on a forum is the cycling equivalent of pushing a 39x21. On a downhill. With a tailwind. Winning 7 tours on the other hand commands a fair amount of respect.

Perhaps you should read the last 6 words of my post again - they appear to have sailed over your head like an airship called comprehension.
Even if it's not my primary language, I don't understand what the sport level of people has to do with their ability to open correctly their mouth especially on a subject which is not connected to ability to race! That was my point.

poulidor said:
Even if it's not my primary language, I don't understand what the sport level of people has to do with their ability to open correctly their mouth especially on a subject which is not connected to ability to race! That was my point.

Correctly is your and Linus' opinion - mine is that Lance has as much right to ride the 09 TdF as Linus - but that's a rather badly cliched debate...

I agree ability has nothing to do with commenting - what I don't understand is why he said it in the first place... I'm a speak less and do more kinda guy - Linus casting Lance negatively is not going to help Linus at all - if anything Lance/Astana will be offering Linus/Milram less/zero assistance in breaks etc. after Linus's statement.

A message to Linus: don't burn bridges - you never know when you're going to need them....

Eldron said:
Correctly is your and Linus' opinion - mine is that Lance has as much right to ride the 09 TdF as Linus - but that's a rather badly cliched debate...

I agree ability has nothing to do with commenting - what I don't understand is why he said it in the first place... I'm a speak less and do more kinda guy - Linus casting Lance negatively is not going to help Linus at all - if anything Lance/Astana will be offering Linus/Milram less/zero assistance in breaks etc. after Linus's statement.

A message to Linus: don't burn bridges - you never know when you're going to need them....
Not a lot Lance can do to Linus when Arsmtrong is 10 minutes back on a mountain stage with 4 team mates around him...in the Giro...besides Lance shoots his mouth off to about anyone at anytime.... why can't Linus....? good on the lad.... more of it......

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/nov08/nov06news2

Bottom of the page.

Linus Gerdemann said:
At the Team Milram press conference, I was asked whether I found Lance Armstrong's comeback good. I said that on the one hand it would surely draw more attention to cycling. On the other hand, in connection with the German media coverage, Lance Armstrong is virtually always connected to doping. I did not say anything about the riders of Lance's generation and certainly did not draw any conclusions about them.

whiteboytrash said:
Looks like Lance put a call through to Linus and told him he'd find 10 people say he'd taken EPO.......
______
Cyclingnews apologises to Linus Gerdemann for misrepresenting his views on Lance Armstrong's return to the peloton in a feature article on Armstrong yesterday.
Is it wrong to hope Armstrong falls and breaks his femur at the Tour Down Under? Is it? Okay, I'll not hope that.

Rolfrae said:
Is it wrong to hope Armstrong falls and breaks his femur at the Tour Down Under? Is it? Okay, I'll not hope that.
That’s not bad at all. Worthy of a new book from Lance.

I'm actually seeing it a different way. I think there will be loads and loads of articles about Lance's training; wind tunnel testing, new skin suits and his secret Carmichael system methodologies. He'll ride an average TDU and state that its just training. He will then lose two minutes in the Paris-Nice prologue stating the same and come Giro time he'll be struggling to stay with the leaders on the mountain stages. He then will ride a few US events before retiring again or claiming he has some injury or illness. I don't think he'll amount to much. But at least he got to feel better for a bit and little bit more loved.

What kind of book will be the first to be linked with Armstrong come-back? One about his "glorious" wins or one about doping?

whiteboytrash said:
Looks like Lance put a call through to Linus and told him he'd find 10 people say he'd taken EPO.......
______
Cyclingnews apologises to Linus Gerdemann for misrepresenting his views on Lance Armstrong's return to the peloton in a feature article on Armstrong yesterday.
ha ha, thats funny.

Only its probably true since wondergirl Linus trained with Cecchini and worked on the most notoriously doped cycling team in history, from which new revelations are coming out even this week.

So Linus, you can diss Lance and his generation, ooops, just Lance no one else from his generation sorry for the misunderestimation, but what about your dirty freeking doped up T-Mobile, all of whom were alleged to have EPO, blood and otherwise doped during the years you were there.

Hey, was he Gonchars roomate???

:cool:

poulidor said:
I am sure Linus knows all about how to open his mouth correctly.

The only problem he may have is knowing when not to swallow! :D

He is such an enormous troll to have put his opinion out there...the question is was he just being a troll...or was there anything for him to gain by this ridiculous statement.

Given the fascist state of German TV which is trying to ban TV coverage os the TdF, akin to a nice book burning rally in the 1930s, mayne he is trying to score points with the holier-than-thou media/sports/anti-doping crowd in Germany by taking an easy shot at the biggest target in the cycling world. I mean this is not rocket science, Lance had 6 positives in 1999, the Tour basically would like to erase his very presence, he doped to the gills and didnt get caught while their wunderkind Jan not only couldnt keep up with him, but got caught doping while 97% of everyone who was doing what he was doing got off scott free.

Of course they're ******!!!!!
And Linus more than anyone!
He doped.
Didnt get any big wins.
Is waiting for the day he gets ratted out.
Now has to race clean.
Doesnt have any huge wins after being compared by the Deutsche press to Ullrich on Arcalis when he squeaked out a victory in the still very doped TdF.
He is totally screwed.

Talented athlete? Sure
TdF winner? Never
Big race winner? we'll see
Hasn't won half as much as Lance pre-cancer? yup, not nearly.

Any questions?

bobke said:

He is such an enormous troll to have put his opinion out there...the question is was he just being a troll...or was there anything for him to gain by this ridiculous statement.

Given the fascist state of German TV which is trying to ban TV coverage os the TdF, akin to a nice book burning rally in the 1930s, mayne he is trying to score points with the holier-than-thou media/sports/anti-doping crowd in Germany by taking an easy shot at the biggest target in the cycling world. I mean this is not rocket science, Lance had 6 positives in 1999, the Tour basically would like to erase his very presence, he doped to the gills and didnt get caught while their wunderkind Jan not only couldnt keep up with him, but got caught doping while 97% of everyone who was doing what he was doing got off scott free.

He doped.
Didnt get any big wins.
Now has to race clean.
Doesnt have any huge wins after being compared by the Deutsche press to Ullrich on Arcalis when he squeaked out a victory in the still very doped TdF.
He is totally screwed.

Talented athlete? Sure
TdF winner? Never

Any questions?

None, save for this -

If you support Armstrong knowing he's a cheat, then how come you rail so vehemently against other suspected dopers? Intellectually inconsistent?

bobke said:

He doped.
Didnt get any big wins.
Now has to race clean.
He is totally screwed.

Talented athlete? Sure
TdF winner? Never

Any questions?
Wow!!!!1!! Woot!1! This is truly worthy of a post. Bobke admitting that Armstrong doped. Has hell frozen over? Is it snowing in the Sahara? Is he going through a twelve step program and finally reached the honesty stage? Or has he just realized that he does not want to be grouped with asshats like ChrisH?

Eldron said:
Writing 800, 1000 or 10,000 posts on a forum is the cycling equivalent of pushing a 39x21. On a downhill. With a tailwind.
I can vouch for that. Have you ever tried pushing some power into the crank while in a 39 x 21 gearing going downhill with a tailwind? Assuming you're going 45 mph... you have to pedal at a cadence of 302 before you start any "pushing" of the drivetrain at all. That's pretty darn difficult.

And getting to 10,000 forum posts is similarly almost impossible as it takes unbelievable dedication and persistence. That's almost a million words in total that add up to achieving zilch... zip... zero. Not many, IMHO, are able to continue a pointless activity like posting in a cycling forum for that length of time before they get distracted into some other pursuit that actually produces something. lol

Runitout said:
None, save for this -

If you support Armstrong knowing he's a cheat, then how come you rail so vehemently against other suspected dopers? Intellectually inconsistent?
tttrr