Armstrong movie?

cydewaze

Jun 17, 2004
Lookie here.

Excerpt:

"Bourne" wasn't the only thing that had the actor excited during an interview Wednesday. Damon had been exhilarated watching Lance Armstrong's push up the Tour de France's mountainous l'Alpe d'Huez. "It's a time trial, and they released them in descending order. Lance went last because he's in first place. Ivan Basso, who was in second place, went right before him, two minutes ahead of him. And he caught Basso, passed him, just blew by him up the mountain! Unbelievable, the guy." Damon was especially stoked because he's slated to play Armstrong in a film based on Armstrong's battle with cancer. "I'm going to have to get on a bike and lose 25 pounds," he chuckled.

Interesting...

ALAN OBRIEN said:
i cant quite picture matt damon spinning pedals to the same degree as lance armstrong. ;)

Ahhh... you'd be amazed at what Hollywood special effects can do.

Looks aside, Matt Damon would be a good actor to play the role. Lance is one intense person, and Matt has played some pretty intense roles. Lose the weight, dude.

One of my friends just got asked to do some of the special effects for the movie...if anyone can turn Damon into Lance on a bike, he can.

GAY

The movie can't do anything but suck. At least for those of us who've followed Armstrongs career and seen him race (on OLN). Oh well. Dumbasses like my parents will end up watching it. I guess if it inspires some white trash hoser to ride a bike instead of install an 8 inch lift kit on the el camino then it's ok.

what happened to tyler hamilton's imax movie that was filmed last year, and was supposed to be in imax theaters this year sometime?

JohnO said:
Lose the weight, dude.

In the article he says he'd have to start biking and lose 25 lbs. I've seen actors lose weight for movies before.

Tom Hanks: Lost 50 lbs for Castaway.
Donnie Wahlberg: Lost a bunch of weight for Sixth Sense.

and...

Matt Damon himself, lost 40 lbs for Courage Under Fire, and also 20 lbs for The Talented Mr. Ripley.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt. ;)

On Your Bike VI
The Lance Armstrong story

Starring:

Cheryl Crow as Lance Armstrong
(cut her hair and put her in a yellow jersey and you wouldn't know the difference)

Antonio Bandaris as Ivan Basso

Steve Irwin (croc hunter) as Rob McEwen

Robin Williams as Erik Zabel

and

Queen Latifa as Jan Ulrich

...and of course

Phil Liggett as himself

David Millar as himself... not there!

The movie soundtrack...
Cheryl Cropw (again) sings "Climb Every Mountan"
Queen Latifa's hip-hop version of "Wheels on Fire"
Robin Williams and Antonio rap the "Bicycle song"

Dominic Sansom said:
On Your Bike VI

Starring:

(cut her hair and put her in a yellow jersey and you wouldn't know the difference)

and

...and of course

Phil Liggett as himself

The movie soundtrack...
OH MY GAWD, That is so hilarious, a good chuckle. Why can't Lance play Lance, He's still in shape and in his career. thats just dumb, he did have a massive role in Dodgball a box office smash

Dudee said:
OH MY GAWD, That is so hilarious, a good chuckle. Why can't Lance play Lance, He's still in shape and in his career. thats just dumb, he did have a massive role in Dodgball a box office smash

Sounds like the Javier Oxoa movie they´re making for Valencian TV , looks good on paper but will undoubtedly end up being really lame : remember Steve Mcqueen´s movie of Le Mans ? nuff said . ( mind you check out The Hunter , his last film and maybe one of his best - just found it on DVD to replace a well past it´s best taped off the tv video ) :cool:

Dominic Sansom said:
On Your Bike VI

Starring:

and

...and of course

Phil Liggett as himself

The movie soundtrack...