Armstrong nips ZABEL at the line... ?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Baron Von Bicyc, Mar 6, 2003.

  1. Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
    really only giving it a half effort or EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst
    yourselves.

    P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?

    BVB

    Tags:

  2. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    The results I saw had a 7 second difference. LA was 41st and Zabel was 45th. I doubt they were
    giving it much of a go.

    Wade

    PS - As far as sprinters go, Zabel is a good climber. Plus he focuses on some of the Spring
    classics, San Remo for one, so he is probably further along in his training than LA.

    PP - Post scripts go after your name

    Baron von Bicycle wrote in message
    <[email protected]>...
    >Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
    >really only giving it a half effort or EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst
    >yourselves.
    >
    >P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
    >
    >BVB

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Zabel is 5 times green jersey. If you think that you can get that without being able to climb better
    than most racers you ought to try
    it.

    "Baron von Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
    > really only giving it a half effort
    or
    > EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst yourselves.
    >
    > P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
    >
    > BVB

  4. in article [email protected], Tom Kunich at

    > Zabel is 5 times green jersey. If you think that you can get that without being able to climb
    > better than most racers you ought to try
    > it.

    Six-time green jersey winner, not five.

    1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001

    > "Baron von Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
    >> really only giving it a half effort
    > or
    >> EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst yourselves.
    >>
    >> P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
    >>
    >> BVB

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  5. Jay Hill

    Jay Hill Guest

    Wade Summers wrote:
    > The results I saw had a 7 second difference. LA was 41st and Zabel was 45th. I doubt they were
    > giving it much of a go.
    >
    > Wade
    >
    > PS - As far as sprinters go, Zabel is a good climber. Plus he focuses on some of the Spring
    > classics, San Remo for one, so he is probably further along in his training than LA.
    >
    > PPS - Post scripts go after your name

    ppps - you're top posting