Armstrong nips ZABEL at the line... ?

• Thread starter Baron Von Bicyc
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baron Von Bicyc

Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
really only giving it a half effort or EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst
yourselves.

P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?

BVB

The results I saw had a 7 second difference. LA was 41st and Zabel was 45th. I doubt they were
giving it much of a go.

Wade

PS - As far as sprinters go, Zabel is a good climber. Plus he focuses on some of the Spring
classics, San Remo for one, so he is probably further along in his training than LA.

PP - Post scripts go after your name

Baron von Bicycle wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
>Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
>really only giving it a half effort or EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst
>yourselves.
>
>P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
>
>BVB

Zabel is 5 times green jersey. If you think that you can get that without being able to climb better
than most racers you ought to try
it.

"Baron von Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
> really only giving it a half effort
or
> EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst yourselves.
>
> P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
>
> BVB

in article [email protected], Tom Kunich at
[email protected] wrote on 03/06/2003 09:29 PM:

> Zabel is 5 times green jersey. If you think that you can get that without being able to climb
> better than most racers you ought to try
> it.

Six-time green jersey winner, not five.

1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001

> "Baron von Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
>> really only giving it a half effort
> or
>> EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst yourselves.
>>
>> P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
>>
>> BVB
>
>

--

Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum
pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee why you ti
ay aitch aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you double-yew double-ewe
dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

Wade Summers wrote:
> The results I saw had a 7 second difference. LA was 41st and Zabel was 45th. I doubt they were
> giving it much of a go.
>
> Wade
>
> PS - As far as sprinters go, Zabel is a good climber. Plus he focuses on some of the Spring
> classics, San Remo for one, so he is probably further along in his training than LA.
>
> PPS - Post scripts go after your name

ppps - you're top posting

> Baron von Bicycle wrote in message
> <[email protected]>...
>
>>Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
>>really only giving it a half effort or EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst
>>yourselves.
>>
>>P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
>>
>>BVB
>

Status
Not open for further replies.