Armstrong nips ZABEL at the line... ?

Baron Von Bicyc

Guest
Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
really only giving it a half effort or EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst
yourselves.

P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?

BVB

The results I saw had a 7 second difference. LA was 41st and Zabel was 45th. I doubt they were
giving it much of a go.

Wade

PS - As far as sprinters go, Zabel is a good climber. Plus he focuses on some of the Spring
classics, San Remo for one, so he is probably further along in his training than LA.

PP - Post scripts go after your name

Baron von Bicycle wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
>Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
>really only giving it a half effort or EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst
>yourselves.
>
>P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
>
>BVB

Zabel is 5 times green jersey. If you think that you can get that without being able to climb better
than most racers you ought to try
it.

"Baron von Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
> really only giving it a half effort
or
> EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst yourselves.
>
> P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
>
> BVB

in article [email protected], Tom Kunich at

> Zabel is 5 times green jersey. If you think that you can get that without being able to climb
> better than most racers you ought to try
> it.

Six-time green jersey winner, not five.

1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001

> "Baron von Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Half-nut beat Zabel by 1 second today on a stage that ended with a finishing climb. Either LA was
>> really only giving it a half effort
> or
>> EZ has become a world-class climber. Discuss amongst yourselves.
>>
>> P.S. Yes, I know it's an early season race for Lance. Still, Zabel can't climb that well, can he?
>>
>> BVB

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

Wade Summers wrote:
> The results I saw had a 7 second difference. LA was 41st and Zabel was 45th. I doubt they were
> giving it much of a go.
>
> Wade
>
> PS - As far as sprinters go, Zabel is a good climber. Plus he focuses on some of the Spring
> classics, San Remo for one, so he is probably further along in his training than LA.
>
> PPS - Post scripts go after your name

ppps - you're top posting