ARMSTRONG NOT IN FORM

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jun03/dauphine/?id=stage3/003lance

> > K. Gringioni expert photo analyst
>
> What would you have said if you'd seen a photo of Jan looking like this?
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jun03/dauphine/?id=stage3/001lance

FATTIE!

It's all over. Someone else will win Le Tour this year.

> You can tell just by looking at his face in the time trial.
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jun03/dauphine/?id=stage3/003lance
>
> K. Gringioni expert photo analyst

I'm going to join in the fun and declare that not only is Christophe Moreau not only not in form,
but he clearly looks dead:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jun03/dauphine/?id=stage3/022moreau

R. Oliver Expert Photo Analyst, 1st Class

in article [email protected], Robert Chung at [email protected] wrote on
6/11/03 3:48 PM:

I would have said:

http://www.pipeline.com/~bakti/MuscleMaker/pgs.html

Stewart Fleming wrote:

> Check the writing on the helmet though.

Where does "Daddy Yo-Yo" come from? I could see a little kid calling his dad that, but I've seen the
term used here in an apparently(?) derogatory fashion. Could've been me misinterpreting the intent.

Raptor <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Stewart Fleming wrote:
>>
>> Check the writing on the helmet though.
>
> Where does "Daddy Yo-Yo" come from? I could see a little kid calling his dad that, but I've
> seen the term used here in an apparently(?) derogatory fashion. Could've been me
> misinterpreting the intent.

From what I've read, its what LA's son calls him (or called him, perhaps he's past that stage now).
He had the same thing on one of his OCLV bike frames a while ago where most p33ps have their names
stencilled.

- Boyd S.

In article <[email protected]>,
Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Robert Chung wrote:
>
> > What would you have said if you'd seen a photo of Jan looking like this?
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jun03/dauphine/?id=stage3/001lance
>
> You know, LANCE turned 30 last year. That means he's eligible to race Masters in the US.

Serious question here: are there any high-level pro cyclists who have retired and gone on to
actively race as masters/non-pros? Or have these guys all burned themselves out on racing and just
go for Sunday tootles around the hills once a month?

In article <[email protected]>, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Robert Chung wrote:

> > You know, LANCE turned 30 last year. That means he's eligible to race Masters in the US.
>
> Serious question here: are there any high-level pro cyclists who have retired and gone on to
> actively race as masters/non-pros? Or have these guys all burned themselves out on racing and just
> go for Sunday tootles around the hills once a month?

Here in NorCal we see Scott McKinley this year, Roberto Gaggioli does pro and masters
races-sometimes on the same day, Ken Carpenter lately, Thurlow Rogers previously. George Mount for a
few years. (Leonard) Harvey Nitz races and coaches here. Eric Heiden is a frequent visitor to the
"River Ride" in Sacramento.

-WG

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:110620032207325946%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Ryan Cousineau
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Robert Chung wrote:
>
> > > You know, LANCE turned 30 last year. That means he's eligible to race Masters in the US.
> >
> > Serious question here: are there any high-level pro cyclists who have retired and gone on to
> > actively race as masters/non-pros? Or have these guys all burned themselves out on racing and
> > just go for Sunday tootles around the hills once a month?
>
> Here in NorCal we see Scott McKinley this year, Roberto Gaggioli does pro and masters
> races-sometimes on the same day, Ken Carpenter lately, Thurlow Rogers previously. George Mount for
> a few years. (Leonard) Harvey Nitz races and coaches here. Eric Heiden is a frequent visitor to
> the "River Ride" in Sacramento.
>
> -WG

Eric Heiden? That's been a while. When Eric won Corestates in 85, did you see his 7-11 team mate Tom
Schuler's foot come out of the shoe on the final sprint? Now that was funny! That has got to be one
of the best bloopers I have ever seen!

B-

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:49:02 -0600, Raptor wrote:
>Where does "Daddy Yo-Yo" come from?

What the kid said when he saw his father in the yellow jersey on tv.

Most European pros do not go back to frequent racing, once they retire. Some will do exhibition
races upon occasion. Many do take jobs within the bike business. Competing in amateur racing is not
too appealing for the pros. it is truly a totally different world...

Bruce

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Robert Chung wrote:
> >
> > > What would you have said if you'd seen a photo of Jan looking like
this?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jun03/dauphine/?id=stage3/001lance

> > You know, LANCE turned 30 last year. That means he's eligible to race Masters in the US.
>
> Serious question here: are there any high-level pro cyclists who have retired and gone on to
> actively race as masters/non-pros? Or have these guys all burned themselves out on racing and just
> go for Sunday tootles around the hills once a month?
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Maybe I'm dating myself on the US domestic scene but I saw Wayne Stetina's name on a Masters results
sheet recently. He and brother Dale were pretty dominant in the 70's and early 80's on the US
domestic circuit in the pre Lemond era. I'm sure he's just racing for ***** and giggles.

"Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message > Serious question here: are there any
high-level pro cyclists who have
> retired and gone on to actively race as masters/non-pros? Or have these guys all burned themselves
> out on racing and just go for Sunday tootles around the hills once a month?
Malcolm Elliott just started racing again this season after years off the bike...He's getting great
results too! All the best Dan Gregory

I thought I had read on Cyclingnews that (can't think of his name, Raleigh/Panasonic team, climber,
long hair, tested + for 'roids in early 90's) was making a comeback.

What about Malcolm Elliott?

Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Robert Chung wrote:
> >
> > > What would you have said if you'd seen a photo of Jan looking like this?
> > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jun03/dauphine/?id=stage3/001lance
> >
> > You know, LANCE turned 30 last year. That means he's eligible to race Masters in the US.
>
> Serious question here: are there any high-level pro cyclists who have retired and gone on to
> actively race as masters/non-pros? Or have these guys all burned themselves out on racing and just
> go for Sunday tootles around the hills once a month?

Frankie Andreau was in the 1/2/3 race at Clarendon...but for Schroeder Iron?? whether he was
licensed as a pro or amat...i don't know.

> What the kid said when he saw his father in the yellow jersey on tv.

He propably said Daddy EPO, but they couldn't put that op the helmet.