ARMSTRONG NOT IN FORM

news:<[email protected]>...
> You can tell just by looking at his face in the time trial.
>

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jun03/dauphine/?id=stage3/003lance

It's pretty hard to argue that Lance is not on form when he put's a minute on his competition in the
peleton. Today Lance extended his lead on the peleton. On the otherhand Lance may not be on the same
form as in last years tdf.

> K. Gringioni expert photo analyst

"Dan Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message > Serious question
here:
> are there any high-level pro cyclists who have
> > retired and gone on to actively race as masters/non-pros? Or have these guys all burned
> > themselves out on racing and just go for Sunday tootles around the hills once a month?
> Malcolm Elliott just started racing again this season after years off the bike...He's getting
> great results too! All the best Dan Gregory

Malcolm Elliot! I have the 88 Tour of Britain he won with the help of Yates, Roche and of course the
Remarkable Robert Millar! Wonder what Millar is doing these days.

B-

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> ... and of course the Remarkable Robert Millar! Wonder what Millar is doing these days.

If the rumors were true, you'd be stalking him, too.

You must be thinking of Theunisse. Most of his positive tests were from testosterone. He claimed he
was naturally high.

> I thought I had read on Cyclingnews that (can't think of his name, Raleigh/Panasonic team,
> climber, long hair, tested + for 'roids in early 90's) was making a comeback.
>
> What about Malcolm Elliott?

news:<[email protected]>...
> I thought I had read on Cyclingnews that (can't think of his name, Raleigh/Panasonic team,
> climber, long hair, tested + for 'roids in early 90's) was making a comeback.
>
> What about Malcolm Elliott?

Gert-Jan Theunisse?

The rumor is that Robert is now "Roberta" so that makes him-->her and not eligible for your
affections.

Enjoy those thoughts.

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > ... and of course the Remarkable Robert Millar! Wonder what Millar is doing these days.
> > >

> > If the rumors were true, you'd be stalking him, too.
>
> I only stalk women racers. Take note.
>
> B-

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The rumor is that Robert is now "Roberta" so that makes him-->her and not eligible for your
> affections.
>
> Enjoy those thoughts.

Being a scot myself that would make me angry, but I don't believe it. I wonder how many gays there
are in the Pros? Never mind, I don't want to know.

B-

Originally posted by Warren
In article <[email protected]>, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Robert Chung wrote:

> > You know, LANCE turned 30 last year. That means he's eligible to race Masters in the US.
>
> Serious question here: are there any high-level pro cyclists who have retired and gone on to
> actively race as masters/non-pros? Or have these guys all burned themselves out on racing and just
> go for Sunday tootles around the hills once a month?

Here in NorCal we see Scott McKinley this year, Roberto Gaggioli does pro and masters
races-sometimes on the same day, Ken Carpenter lately, Thurlow Rogers previously. George Mount for a
few years. (Leonard) Harvey Nitz races and coaches here. Eric Heiden is a frequent visitor to the
"River Ride" in Sacramento.

-WG

I've seen Heiden on the River Ride. It was 7 or 8 years ago. Kindof a goofy looking guy. (maybe there's hope for me)

> He propably said Daddy EPO, but they couldn't put that op the helmet.

bingo !

Indurain did well in the 1996 Dauphine.

Then he **** his trousers in the tour...

"Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<[email protected]>...
> > You can tell just by looking at his face in the time trial.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jun03/dauphine/?id=stage3/003lance

> It's pretty hard to argue that Lance is not on form when he put's a minute on his competition in
> the peleton. Today Lance extended his lead on the peleton. On the otherhand Lance may not be on
> the same form as in last years tdf.
> >

> > K. Gringioni expert photo analyst

Goofy haircut maybe but the guy is one of the most amazing and versatile athletes to come along in a
very long time. If he hasd been the one to lose 20 pounds from chemo-therapy he would have done some
big damage on the continent. On the other hand, he was always too smart and I think we were lucky to
have him sit on a back at all.

"HammerHead" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Warren wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > > Serious question here: are there any high-level pro cyclists who
have
> > > retired and gone on to actively race as masters/non-pros? Or have these guys all burned
> > > themselves out on racing and just go for
Sunday
> > > tootles around the hills once a month?
> > Here in NorCal we see Scott McKinley this year, Roberto Gaggioli does pro and masters
> > races-sometimes on the same day, Ken Carpenter lately, Thurlow Rogers previously. George Mount
> > for a few years. (Leonard) Harvey Nitz races and coaches here. Eric Heiden is a frequent
> > visitor
> > the "River Ride" in Sacramento. -WG
>

> I've seen Heiden on the River Ride. It was 7 or 8 years ago. Kindof a goofy looking guy. (maybe
> there's hope for me)
>

> --
> I'm only truly happy when I'm anaerobic.

Bruce Johnston <[email protected]> wrote:

: "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
: news:[email protected]...
:> The rumor is that Robert is now "Roberta" so that makes him-->her and not eligible for your
:> affections.

: Being a scot myself that would make me angry, but I don't believe it.

I don't believe it either, but why would it make you angry? If Millar wants to do it, then it's
up to him.

: I wonder how many gays there are in the Pros? Never mind, I don't want to know.

Same proportation as in the rest of the population I'm sure. And why not. Though pro sport (not just
cycling) is one of the last hangouts of homophobia so I doubt many are open about it.

Arthur

Lord Lester