Armstrong On Ballester--Truth or Defamation?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Jun 30, 2004.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Ballester had to leave L'Equipe due to unethical behaviour. He seems a
    desperate kind of guy."

    Armstrong a quoted today by ProCycling. Does anyone know the facts
    surrounding Ballester"s leaving L'Equipe?
     
    Tags:


  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Ballester had to leave L'Equipe due to unethical behaviour. He seems a
    > desperate kind of guy."
    >
    > Armstrong a quoted today by ProCycling. Does anyone know the facts
    > surrounding Ballester"s leaving L'Equipe?
    >
    >

    Does Lance know that Ballester is a Prix Blondin winner. All these prize
    winning hacks after his ass. Amazing!
    Pierre Ballester :
    Pierre Ballester, 44 ans est journaliste de sport depuis 1981.
    Correspondant permanent à Londres de l'Agence France-Presse (1985-1987),
    reporter au quotidien Le Sport (1988), grand reprter à L'Equipe, rubrique
    cyclisme et boxe (1989-2001). De 1982 à 1999, ce Prix Blondin du Tour (1994)
    a couvert dix Tours de France. Après 1998, il a essentiellement enquêté sur
    les affaires de dopage dans le vélo
     
  3. Kris Tilford

    Kris Tilford Guest

    English Translation:

    Pierre Ballester: Pierre Ballester, 44 years old is a sports journalist since
    1981. Permanent correspondent in London of the French Press Agency(1985-1987);
    transferred to the daily newspaper Le Sport (1988); at-large reporter with
    L'Equipe, covering cycling and boxing (1989-2001). From 1982 to 1999, this
    "Race Acrobat of the Tour"(1994) covered ten Tours de France. After 1998, he
    primarily inquired into the business of doping in bicycle racing.
     
  4. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    English? Sort of. Beware the electronic translation.

    So folks, what are the facts of Ballester's leaving L'Equipe. Is it like
    Lance says?


    "Kris Tilford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > English Translation:
    >
    > Pierre Ballester: Pierre Ballester, 44 years old is a sports journalist

    since
    > 1981. Permanent correspondent in London of the French Press

    Agency(1985-1987);
    > transferred to the daily newspaper Le Sport (1988); at-large reporter with
    > L'Equipe, covering cycling and boxing (1989-2001). From 1982 to 1999,

    this
    > "Race Acrobat of the Tour"(1994) covered ten Tours de France. After 1998,

    he
    > primarily inquired into the business of doping in bicycle racing.
     
  5. B. Lafferty wrote:
    > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>"Ballester had to leave L'Equipe due to unethical behaviour. He seems a
    >>desperate kind of guy."
    >>
    >>Armstrong a quoted today by ProCycling. Does anyone know the facts
    >>surrounding Ballester"s leaving L'Equipe?
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Does Lance know that Ballester is a Prix Blondin winner. All these prize
    > winning hacks after his ass. Amazing!
    > Pierre Ballester :
    > Pierre Ballester, 44 ans est journaliste de sport depuis 1981.
    > Correspondant permanent à Londres de l'Agence France-Presse (1985-1987),
    > reporter au quotidien Le Sport (1988), grand reprter à L'Equipe, rubrique
    > cyclisme et boxe (1989-2001). De 1982 à 1999, ce Prix Blondin du Tour (1994)
    > a couvert dix Tours de France. Après 1998, il a essentiellement enquêté sur
    > les affaires de dopage dans le vélo


    And we in the USA are free of inventive journalists who have won prizes,
    including Pulitzers...

    Let's just watch how this goes, eh?
     
  6. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > >>"Ballester had to leave L'Equipe due to unethical behaviour. He seems a
    > >>desperate kind of guy."
    > >>
    > >>Armstrong a quoted today by ProCycling. Does anyone know the facts
    > >>surrounding Ballester"s leaving L'Equipe?
    > >>
    > >>

    > >
    > > Does Lance know that Ballester is a Prix Blondin winner. All these

    prize
    > > winning hacks after his ass. Amazing!
    > > Pierre Ballester :
    > > Pierre Ballester, 44 ans est journaliste de sport depuis

    1981.
    > > Correspondant permanent à Londres de l'Agence France-Presse (1985-1987),
    > > reporter au quotidien Le Sport (1988), grand reprter à L'Equipe,

    rubrique
    > > cyclisme et boxe (1989-2001). De 1982 à 1999, ce Prix Blondin du Tour

    (1994)
    > > a couvert dix Tours de France. Après 1998, il a essentiellement enquêté

    sur
    > > les affaires de dopage dans le vélo

    >
    > And we in the USA are free of inventive journalists who have won prizes,
    > including Pulitzers...
    >
    > Let's just watch how this goes, eh?


    Armstrong's allegation is quite specific--Ballester was forced to leave
    L'Equipe for uinethical behavior. True or false? Again, anyone have the
    facts?
    >
     
  7. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > Armstrong's allegation is quite specific--Ballester was forced to leave
    > L'Equipe for uinethical behavior. True or false? Again, anyone have the
    > facts?
    > >


    Although 'unethical behaviour' is 'unethical behaviour', it does not
    automatically pertain to his writing. If true, it could range from stealing
    office supplies to viewing porn on the company computer.
     
  8. Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    >>Armstrong's allegation is quite specific--Ballester was forced to leave
    >>L'Equipe for uinethical behavior. True or false? Again, anyone have the
    >>facts?
    >>

    >
    > Although 'unethical behaviour' is 'unethical behaviour', it does not
    > automatically pertain to his writing. If true, it could range from stealing
    > office supplies to viewing porn on the company computer.


    Or they caught him surfing the web all day instead of doing his work.
     
  9. Richard Adams <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message


    > >>Armstrong's allegation is quite specific--Ballester was forced to leave
    > >>L'Equipe for uinethical behavior. True or false? Again, anyone have the
    > >>facts?


    > > Although 'unethical behaviour' is 'unethical behaviour', it does not
    > > automatically pertain to his writing. If true, it could range from stealing
    > > office supplies to viewing porn on the company computer.


    > Or they caught him surfing the web all day instead of doing his work.


    Or spending all day posting messages to Usenet under the
    nom de guerre "Brian Lafferty."
     
  10. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Richard Adams <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    >
    > > >>Armstrong's allegation is quite specific--Ballester was forced to

    leave
    > > >>L'Equipe for uinethical behavior. True or false? Again, anyone have

    the
    > > >>facts?

    >
    > > > Although 'unethical behaviour' is 'unethical behaviour', it does not
    > > > automatically pertain to his writing. If true, it could range from

    stealing
    > > > office supplies to viewing porn on the company computer.

    >
    > > Or they caught him surfing the web all day instead of doing his work.

    >
    > Or spending all day posting messages to Usenet under the
    > nom de guerre "Brian Lafferty."


    I'm glad someone *finally* figured it out.
     
  11. I forgot to add...

    In reference to LA confidential; Has any journalist managed to obtain an
    interview with Kathy Lemond since the publication?

    While I understand that o'reilly and lance's former team mate of
    motorola may not be the best of sources for one reason or another,
    somehow the testimony of Kathy Lemond would hold some weight in my book.
    Personally, I don't think Greg would have anything to gain by seeing
    Armstrong fall. Greg is never going to match the Indurians or Merckx of
    this world and so if Lance were to lose 'status' then Lemond would never
    be amoung the 'top' rankings...

    unless, it is of course becoming the No.1 American hero, however, i
    really don't think Greg could careless about that.



    --
     
  12. wrote:
    > Or spending all day posting messages to Usenet under the nom de guerre
    > "Brian Lafferty."




    I have been reading this forum (rec.bicycle.racing) for quite some
    time now and I am amazed at how you all seem to enjoy throwing insults
    at Mr Laffery.

    Why? From what I can see he reports the facts. It is rather amusing to
    follow the recent breaking story regarding David Millar. Initially
    everyone seemed to suggest it was not possible the Scott had take
    performance enhancing drugs. Low and behold the truth comes out.

    In regards to Armstrong, who knows? But from reading the excerpts (and
    I stress that word), the recent publication of LA confidential seems
    to suggest highly that LA does dope. You can understands Walsh's
    reason to publish such a book and you can also understand Armstrong's
    reasons to silence the facts, should they be true. One of them is not
    telling the truth.

    If I were Lance and not guilty of such crimes I would just shut up and
    let people talk, after all if he nothing to conceal why not just let it
    all wash over him? I can understand why Lance would want to fight on
    defamation grounds, however, he just needs to keep cool and trust that
    the truth will come out.

    Personally, I don't think Armstrong is all he claims to be. I rememmber
    reading (in it's not about the bike) about his relationship with Kir
    and how they were deeply in love and how his personal moto is 'NEVER
    QUIT', yet he gives up on the marriage and we the public don't get to
    know why!? Sure, it is his personal business, however, he decided to
    share his personal life with us when he wrote his book. Lance's wants
    the journalist to report true facts and we want lance to report the
    truth not just write books that make the average reader think - 'lance,
    your great'.

    Lance would do well to imitate Gary Lineker. A great sportsmans and such
    a nice guy with it. Suffered his fair share of trouble too (His child
    had cancer). Anyone in the UK will know Lineker well.

    Just my 2cents.



    --
     
  13. CyclingIssues wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > Or spending all day posting messages to Usenet under the nom de guerre
    > > "Brian Lafferty."

    >
    >
    >
    > I have been reading this forum (rec.bicycle.racing) for quite some
    > time now and I am amazed at how you all seem to enjoy throwing insults
    > at Mr Laffery.


    This is rec.bicycles.racing.free.insults, I'll have the group secrtary
    add your name to the list. We should get around to you in a couple
    days. Terrific backlog, you know, what with the TdF starting tomorrow
    and people coming out of the woodwork.
     
  14. CyclingIssues <[email protected]> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Or spending all day posting messages to Usenet under the nom de guerre
    > > "Brian Lafferty."


    > I have been reading this forum (rec.bicycle.racing) for quite some
    > time now and I am amazed at how you all seem to enjoy throwing insults
    > at Mr Laffery.


    We toss insults at Lafferty because he's a bit of a tool.

    You're a bigger tool, though.

    > Why? From what I can see he reports the facts.


    AFAIK, Mr. Lafferty, Esq. would agree that he is not a reporter.
    That is Mr. Walsh's job.

    > If I were Lance and not guilty of such crimes I would just shut up and
    > let people talk, after all if he nothing to conceal why not just let it
    > all wash over him?


    Yeah, sure you would.

    Then everybody would seize on your lack of denial and outrage
    as a tacit admission of guilt.

    So do you deny that you are a tool?
     
Loading...
Loading...