Armstrong on Cofidis

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, Jun 15, 2003.

  1. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Tags:

  2. On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:53:21 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    >"And Millar has become a good climber too. Unfortunately there is nobody in his team who is keeping
    >an eye on him: he could have been much further ahead."

    That's Cofidis; every man for himself.

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:53:21 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    > >"And Millar has become a good climber too. Unfortunately there is nobody
    in
    > >his team who is keeping an eye on him: he could have been much further ahead."
    >
    > That's Cofidis; every man for himself.

    What do you think about Vasseur's attack today on the Col du Coq?

  4. >> That's Cofidis; every man for himself.

    >What do you think about Vasseur's attack today on the Col du Coq?

    I don't know really; only coverage I get is http://www.cyclingnews.com/blablabla/etcetc

    I guess gutsy; deserved win; great. Of no consequence to the GC.

  5. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

    > >> That's Cofidis; every man for himself.
    > >
    > >What do you think about Vasseur's attack today on the Col du Coq?
    >
    > I don't know really; only coverage I get is http://www.cyclingnews.com/blablabla/etcetc
    >
    > I guess gutsy; deserved win; great. Of no consequence to the GC.

    You could also have followed the "live" reports on the CDL website. Not as fast or frequent as for
    grand tours, but it was the only global live coverage.

  6. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    > >> That's Cofidis; every man for himself.
    > >
    > >What do you think about Vasseur's attack today on the Col du Coq?
    >
    > I don't know really; only coverage I get is http://www.cyclingnews.com/blablabla/etcetc
    >
    > I guess gutsy; deserved win; great. Of no consequence to the GC.

    It turned out to be no consequence to the GC, but it might've. Millar managed to limit the damage to
    Moreau, and he actually put a couple more seconds into Mancebo.

  7. Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> That's Cofidis; every man for himself.

    > >What do you think about Vasseur's attack today on the Col du Coq?

    > I don't know really; only coverage I get is http://www.cyclingnews.com/blablabla/etcetc I guess
    > gutsy; deserved win; great. Of no consequence to the GC.

    I assumed Robert's point was that Vasseur was up the road rather than in a position to help Millar
    maintain his 3rd on GC, potentially leaving Millar isolated and unable to contain attacks from
    Moreau, etc. Can't really say what this means without knowing what the Cofidis DS was telling them.