Armstrong on Millar

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, Feb 3, 2003.

  1. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    My loose translation of a paragraph from today's L'Equipe (I'm always nervous about these things
    because Armstrong probably said this in English and it got translated into French, so there's
    probably bad translation in both directions):

    Two weeks ago David Millar (Cofidis) had shared in L'Equipe his desire to leave his team at the end
    of the year and his dream to join USPS. Lance Armstrong has taken notice of this with interest:
    "David is my friend, an excellent rider, very talented. It's true, sometimes he lets himself down
    and he's at an age to say it's now or never. And it's also true that Cofidis isn't absolutely made
    for him and I don't say this because of any bad memories of the team. Frankly, the best thing that
    could happen to him is to go look elsewhere, to change his environment, his work habits, his
    discipline. Now, I can't say that he would come to us. He's expensive and our budget isn't
    unlimited. I can only say that he would be a good addition because he's a powerful TT'er and that he
    can be not a bad climber. But he has to learn to pace himself. David is a little bit of a rock star.
    [I won't try to translate the last sentence: C'est un fou, un fou gentil et brillant.]"

    Tags:

  2. Bart

    Bart Guest

    goodtalk by Lance